What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes, I cant praise Sinapore airlines enough, they were just having a short stay in Singapore after spending 3 weeks in Austrailia so I assume they are getting low on funds. The under high commisioner has been to visit the brits stuck in their hotel today. He has told them to sit tight and not to accept any of the flights that are being offered to different locations in Europe. Once they accept a flight then all extra costs are then their responsibilty. Once they have a flight they can be back in the UK in 12 hours, they could struggle accrss Europe for days. I have spoken to her today and they are bored more than anything else but at least they are being fed and watered and have been put up in a 5 star hotel.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Washing machine decided to go caboom. I was doing some early morning washing and it decided to clean the kitchen floor for me and I couldnt find a mop:mad: Used towells and cant wash them now:D

Thing is I could have done without having to replace this now but have no choice. At least should be able to get similar machine for less than I paid for it 5 years ago:) .

And its a big moan today:confused: How would you feel if a lady you dont know turned up at your door and announced she had come to assess your mental health at the top of her voice. No kidding the neighbours were giggling in the garden about it.

She didnt mean it but surely they could have handed me a card or something discreet. Any how wouldnt let her in, no announcement, no id offered, but did at least tell me my next appt with the hospital and said will meet me there.

I think they want her to buddy me and help me go out of the house, but dont feel comfy with it and dont think will help.

Bit of a shock felt like the funny farm in my house today with the washing machine, maybe the neighbour heared me hitting the machine with a lump hammer:D:D

PMSL!

I'm severely agoraphobic so can sympathise :)

*hugs*

Its like when they are talking to me, its false. Feel just like a number as they keep asking for same history. Dont know what I want I suppose, get to feel need help and they scare me off. Last time saw them they by mistake or didnt believe me put down that I dont take my epilepsy medication regular. I rang to get them to alter it to I used to, they knew that, but I have been compliant for some years now. They didnt do it and doccies and neurolgy will get a copy, hecky thump.

Never mind xx

Had to laugh, also heared neighbour, shes a moo, comment on the size of my bum. Well its big and could block out the sun at the mo, but had to laugh how can have the gaul to say it outloud.

I wouldnt dream of that. Just makes it harder to go out or want to.

Anyhow ignore me, just been a couple of bad days.

It was a nice day today though on the bright side xx

Oh no LL! Well they say things come in three's, so lets hope that's your lot. You'd think the woman would have been trained to have a little more discretion. And as for your neighbour, I agree with BB. Obviously they aren't somebody worthy of your thoughts. Although easier said than done sometimes xxx :)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Id love to feet this man his own waste production for his last meal

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

Waiting and waiting and waiting for an engineer to fulfill the appointment they made for today to come and fix my dishwasher AAAAARRRRRGGGGGG :mad:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/retailers-high-street-line/255416-dishwasher-repair-protection-plan.html

Suns out and I'd rather be outside. :mad:

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I had a problem when my last diswasher broke down I had an agreement that said it would be repaired within 48 hours I week later I was still waiting over a week later, I told them I needed it repairing urgently as it was my grandaughters 1st birthday party. It made no difference. In the end I wrote to the MD of the company and he sent a cheque for more than I paid for it and took the broken one away. Did not help me in the short term but Iwas able to get a better one and it is still working 8 years later. (touch wood)

My daughter and family have now been taken the airport and put on "standby" after being promised a flight home. She is getting really peed off

Poor thing HF. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they manage to get a flight soon. My friend and her family are due to fly back tomorrow so I'm hoping that they manage to get back safely too ;)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Had a bad day?

Got Debt problems?

Realising I am a mug.:-(

A few weeks ago came accross a thread where a police officer had been ripped off on an issue and was seeking advice like we all do. He said he was a sargeant on a certain force. He said how he had to be careful what he said as if could implicate on police investigation that was to be underway, but had found out certain things and traced person internally, but had to be careful what he did. Seemed a nice guy.

Anyhow this got me thinking I have been trying without luck to prosecute my father and been ignored repeatedly by local police and thought hey, this man works for the same force my dad did. I just felt the need to know was his previous employer in anywar involved in the investigation, did they know and was there anything they could do to help me as local police are annoyed at me chasing this case once more.

On spur of moment sent private message under a different username to protect myself and said after giving details that if he did not want to get involved he need not reply but thanks for taking the time to read this. He replied and said he was moved by my email and wanted to try to help, gave me legitimate police address and said how I could find the number and he would be answering the phone the next day and to ask for the sargeant.

I did, quite nervous I must admit and gave him all the information and he took the trouble to listen, said was concerned and that would pass to a senior ear and see what could be done. I was told as it was easter holidays to allow a couple of weeks, fair enough and they or person looking into it would ring me and let me know what was happeneing.

I felt hopefull for the first time in years that I was being listened to, I said my father had told me he was on child protection and didnt know what information given as a child was true and had concerns after what he did on that that was the dept he was on. Anyhow gave it two weeks and more.

Havnt heared a thing, again:-(

This man to be fair was very nice, a genuine seargant and took me seriously and offered help. I have nothing to doubt he is still a nice man or did what he did say he would do.

I want to be fair, but this is the way I have had it for years when first raised the complaint agains my father. They would say they were dealing with it and get back and weeks later after giving officail interview. would hear nothing. I would have to chase them again and again and then it was hinted it was me not answering the door or phone and in the end I was after years told recently I was inconsistent, with no back up as to why or how, previoulsy told I wouldnt mentally be considered strong enough to go to court.

Sorry for being miss depressive, but today is another tough one. I have to give them a chance to get in touch for another couple of weeks, but know its not going to happen:(

What happened to protecting the abused. I am not a child now but ageing adult, when I first asked for help it was apparantly according to police 1997, but they know dont even respond to me.

I will try and chear up now, thanks for listenening xxxxx

In the grand scheme of things what made me swear is rather petty and what my mum would call small potatoes...but it did make me swear...I effed and jeffed for a good five minutes!!!!

My lovely daughter has lost my phone charger which means that I am lost without my phone, my whole world was on that bluddy thing, anyway a friend suggested the mobile phone shop in our local market, saying they do replacement chargers. I went at lunch time to pick one up thinking it would only be a fiver or something and because my phone is an obscure make it cost me £10.00...still calm at this point...the stall holder plugged it in to show me it worked and off I toddled, I managed to get it plugged in but for some reason it wouldnt charge so I removed it from the phone and tried to put it in again when it promtly fell apart!

I then had to take another half an hour from work to return it and ask for replacement/refund. At first he accused me of treating it roughly and then went on to say that I obviously didnt know what I was doing....my foot is tapping at this point and I can feel my cheeks getting redder and redder as my temper starts to simmer.

I explained that according to the consumer protection act ,the product should be fit for purpose and be of satisfactory quality none of which it obviously was! That seemed to make him see things from a different perspective however he gave me my replacement and then said that I was banned from his stall and he would like it if I took any future custom elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of Mutley sasfractmachasassyfrasssassyfrashhshsly!!!!!!!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Oh LL I hope he turns out to be the man you thought he was and you hear from him soon.

Fingers crossed xxxx

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Oh LL I hope he turns out to be the man you thought he was and you hear from him soon.

Fingers crossed xxxx

I hope so too, but starting to wonder wether something is written on the file as in ignore her and she will go away. Wondering wether I need to officially request copy of file. Told last time couldnt have it and had to accept sitting in a room with two officers who wouldnt even let me touch it let alone read it.

Starting to think there is more to it than just me if you know what I mean. Maybe they are hoping he will be dead before they have to deal with me, at least this site keeps me sane:D xx