Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Will do, thanks for your advice, much appreciated
  2. Even though I have received the below letter: Re: CRS Ref No: XXXXXXX Lifestyle Fitness Ref. No: WXXXXXXX Following our initial letter, we are disappointed that your account with Lifestyle Fitness is still in arrears and our fee has not been paid. We would still like to reach an amicable resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are: 1. LEGAL ACTION We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Lifestyle Fitness because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply: 1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply; 2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court; 3. Youcouldtheneither: a. make payment, ending the legal process, or b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed. 4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which the Court would make a decision on our claim. 5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the Court process. Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed. If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgment. To do this we would have to make an application to Court. 2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed. YOU CAN AVOID THIS HAPPENING IF WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS YOU CONTACT US ON 01444 449165 TO ARRANGE PAYMENT WITH US.
  3. Hi I joined lifestyle fitness via online, I went down to my local gym to start using it but when I got there I was told I had to register and have my finger print taken which I did, I was then told by the manager that I couldn't’t use the gym until I had taken an induction and the next one that was available was not for two weeks, we got into an argument as I didn’t really need an induction as I’d been using gyms for several years, he said that under no circumstances could I use the gym and blocked my finger print so I couldn't’t access the gym, I told him to cancel my member ship as it was within 14 days of me signing up online (not sure if that rule counts) which he said he had done. I’m now getting emails from CRS who are threatening me with legal action unless I pay £324, I have replied a month ago and explained what happened and they palmed me off with tough you have to pay! What can I do?
  4. Thanks. Should I contact them or just leave it? Should I not ask for the to prove I owe the debt by asking for the original signed credit agreement?
  5. I've had a reply from Arrow. They claim the debt isn't statue barred as my ex was making payments up until 2014 then she stopped and they can't find her! They have said that they would rather deal with me one to one rather than going through the courts?! This makes me think that with the debt being so old (2001) that they don't have the relevant paperwork to prove it. I'm adamant I don't owe this money, everything I owed from that period was paid back, when I went to the bank they said this was a loan, in the letter I've received they say it's from an overdraft, I never had an overdraft with the Halifax?! What should my next steps be? Thanks
  6. I've filled in my defence online, I'll let you know the outcome, thanks everyone
  7. Would it be worth sending Arrow a letter like a CCA request?
  8. With it being older than 6 years HSBC don't have any way of confirming anything that would be on a statement, I can't get proof of anything so memory is the only way I'm afraid. It would have been through a direct debit through an old account with HSBC which also closed and went the same time as everything I had with HSBC was closed.
  9. No there's nothing on my credit file, there never has been? What do I write as my defence? Is there a specific paragraph or do I just put statued barred? I'll message her and ask
  10. I'm not sure about my ex, she hasn't paid HSBC but I'm not sure about Arrow, should I ring them and ask?
  11. I've been in touch with HSBC and with the debt being so old they can't access any statements. They confirmed it was a loan but that was all they could give me as they destroy all records after 6 years, I'm assuming my next step is to contact the court and say that I'm filing a statuted barred defence. Thanks
  12. The letter I have received was sent to my old address, I only got it because my friend lives there now. They may have sent other letters there but I don't know. No one was ever in touch when I lived there, this is the first time I have seen this particular company or debt. I know it's up to me to tell companies if you move but like I said I've had zero contact when I lived there. To the point about it being in my ex name as well she would have stitched me up if they had been in touch with her, I pay her CSA so she knows where I live, she would have told them. What are my next steps, surely they have to prove this is my debt as I really don't think I owe HSBC anything, I paid it all off
  13. Sorry what is POCs? If it's anything from HSBC the last payment will be from before 2002 as I haven't dealt with them since before then
  • Create New...