Jump to content

jowalshy

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    3,759
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by jowalshy

  1. Well I paid the cheque in this morning. I asked about the special clearance and was told by the cashier it really wasn't worth the £20 fee as it only let you know if the cheque would clear and not that it had cleared quicker. I only have to wait until Monday now. Finger are crossed that it does clear.
  2. Stupid auto correct. I meant conniff
  3. Hi Connor. His full name was on the cheque he gave us. I'll draft up a letter tomorrow ready for sending off. I think the banks still offer an express cheque clearance service but I don't think that it guarantees that it will clear quicker.
  4. Thanks connif. Do I start the ball rolling with a 7 day LBA for the additional costs I have incurred or do I wait and see if the cheque clears?
  5. Thanks steampowered, I'll do that right now. My mum did say something on the lines of if it bounces then it would be a court offence.
  6. Got to the garage this morning and went to find the owner. He was nowhere to be seen so went outside and sat on my car to phone him. I told him I was in town and would drop the slip off to him personally so he can refund my money today. I think he was shocked that I had driven all the way to his garage as he said I was supposed to post it. I asked him if he could arrange a bank transfer today of which he said he couldn't do. I asked if he could refund me via my debit card of which he said he couldn't do either. He asked me to come back on Monday with the slip and he would do a bank transfer.
  7. Hi steampowered. Thanks for the advice. I did email the garage owner on the 27th June informing him that should I have to pay for the recovery of the vehicle back to the garage, I would instigate a claim against him for the costs. I also stated that I would claim for the other costs eg insurance, road tax. Could this count as a LBA? I paid £100 yesterday to a recovery firm to take the car back to him. Unfortunately I forgot to give back the little green slip (part 10 of the v5) so he is still refusing to refund any money. I did propose that he could withhold £100 of our money until I se
  8. Well today is the day (hopefully) where the vehicle is going to be taken back to the garage. I say hopefully as the recovery driver will be contacting the garage owner to let him know when he will be delivering the car. I have a sneaky feeling that the garage owner may say it is inconvenient today and try and arrange another time and then keep fobbing the recovery driver off for further dates. I will send a text the garage later on this afternoon requesting the money to be refunded today. Hopefully he will comply. Now - on to the claim for the costs I have incurred since buying the vehicl
  9. Ive just texted him saying:- Just to let you know I have instructed the recovery company to collect the Fiesta and deliver it to your premises tomorrow. This will cost me £100 of which I intend to recover along with the other costs incurred eg road fund license, insurance, health check etc. Surprise, surprise....... He responded with:- That's ok. What an arrogant beeeeeeeep beeeeeeeep beeeeeeeep!!!!
  10. I keep emailing him over and over again and he doesn't reply. The only way I get to know what is happening is by phoning him. I have asked repeatedly for him to reply to my emails but he just says that he prefers to use the phone. I've now got his mobile so I am going to start texting him. Hopefully he will respond.
  11. Well what a surprise, car still not collected and no money refunded. He won't reply to any emails as he prefers to speak on the phone. Called him this morning and he has gone back on his word about refunding the money today. He says that he will refund the money once he has received the car back. Recovery truck is still out of action so I got my local garage to ring him with a quote of £100 to take the car back to him. Garage owner says it is too much and he will try and find a cheaper recovery firm. Of course this means now the car will not be recovery today as promised last Friday. I
  12. I only contacted by phone yesterday evening to find out when he was coming to collect the vehicle, also to find out where he was and the last time was again to find out what was going on. This morning I called him again to ask when he was going to collect the vehicle. Once we had agreed on the collection by this Thursday together with the refund, I emailed him with what we had agreed. He is not prepared to pay another company to recover the car. I've looked on the DVLA site in order to get a refund of the tax disc as I don't want to lose another month. Unfortunately I need the V5 an
  13. Hi Conniff. If I was to suspend the insurance, surely that would mean the car would be uninsured. What would happen if something happened to the car and it got damaged? Hi Oddjobbob. I also feel like the trader is messing me about, but what can I do?
  14. Just phoned the garage owner, again, to ask when the vehicle will be collected. Unfortunately the recovery truck is broken and might not be fixed until this Wednesday. He asked if I could give him until Thursday evening to recover the car and even if it isn't recovered by then he will do a bank transfer for the full cost of the vehicle. I very reluctantly agreed to it. I stressed to him that we need the money back. This car was supposed to be my daughters first car since passing her driving test. I also stated that it was unfair to my daughter to keep paying out for insurance on a vehicle tha
  15. Update After a few emails back and forth the garage owner arranged collection of the car between 6pm and 7pm tonight. I checked on Wednesday with him to confirm and he confirmed. It got to approx 7.30 and no sign. I called him and he said he was just chatting with the recovery driver to confirm the details. I called at approx 8.30, a different person said he left an hour ago. I called at 9.45 to be told by the garage owner that he was about to call me to say the recovery truck had broken down. We have now had the car for almost 2 weeks and my daughter is not allowed to drive it du
  16. Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the repairs would exceed the cost of what we paid for the car. Bearing this in mind I feel that any repair would be sub standard. I need to know if we have to wait until the log book come s back from DVLA, that it is if he has sent his part off, I. Order to get the full refund. Also as he has sold us the vehicle as unroadworthy, should we have to pay for it to be returned. When we viewed the vehicle it wasn't at the premises. He turned up in car stating that he had to put 2 new tyres on the front. These tyres were not new and were part worn tyres
  17. I will try and keep this as brief as poss but I do tend to waffle on a bit. It all started with my daughter passing her driving test last Thursday 5th June. As you can imagine we were all very proud of her and she was exceptionally excited at buying her own car. Unfortunately she was a bit specific to the make, model and colour of her first car. She wanted a Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec in black. After searching high and low for the specified vehicle we viewed a black Fiesta on the Sunday at a garage. It was perfect. She took it for a test drive and my husband looked it over. All seemed o
  18. We emailed the garage this morning and they are refunding tomorrow.
  19. We are Definitely going for a full refund. We just don't want to spend another £140 getting it back to them.
  20. The garage is 45 miles away. Can we ask for a full refund and ask the garage to collect?
  21. Also, looking back at the advert it stated 1 previous owner. According to the v5 , which we got this morning, it has 6 previous owners
  22. Update Picked up the car this morning. Was told that £2000 repairs done including head gasket etc. he even sorted out the oil leak. We have driven it home with no problems. It was only when I took it out again to do some shopping that problems started. The engine management light came on again and it started misfiring again. Also it is leaking oil again. it is basically the same problems we had when we fist got the vehicle home back in February.
  23. I know this is very, very old thread but I thought that I should take this opportunity to give you all an update. Back in 2009 I went for the claim for PPI and unfortunately HSBC turned me down. Unlike me, and also with various things going on in my life, I decided not to carry on. Last week, I thought that I might go for it again. I wrote another letter asking for a copy of the loan agreement together with the supporting PPI documentation. Today I received a settlement letter for £2,100!!!!!!! Whoop whoop
  24. It was done through the dealer and included in the purchase price of the vehicle
  25. Quick update The garage owner has had the car now for 2 weeks now and has kept us up to date with the repairs. We were told yesterday that the engine has now been rebuilt and is back in the vehicle. However, further testing needs to be done to ensure that it is 100% perfect before we can go and get it. Hopefully we can pick it up next weekend. My question now is:- as we bought the car on the 9th February and to date it has been off the road for 3 weeks, can it ask the garage for a new warranty to cover 6 months from the date when we get it back?
×
×
  • Create New...