• Tweets

• Afternoon all Looking for advice before I defend claim for car tax payment that the DVLA claim I owe £68 from an idemity claimback from my bank and unpaid tax  So brief outline. Purchased car Jan 30th ,garage paid the tax for me after I gave them my card details so first payment £68 out in Feb 24  followed by payment of £31 from March due to end Jan 24 Checked one of my vehicle apps and about 7-10 days later car showing as untaxed? No reason why but it looks like DVLA cancelled it ,this could be because I did not have the V5 and the gargae paid on my behalf but not sure did not receive a letter to say car was untaxed.  Fair enough I set up the tax again staight away in Feb 24  and first payment out Mar 31st , and each payment since has come out each month for £31 , this will end Feb/Mar 2025 so slightly longer than the original tax set up so all good. I then claimed the £68 back from my bank as an indemity refund as obviously I had paid but DVLA had cancelled therefore it was a payment for nothing?  Last week recieved a SJP form dated 29th May stating that DVLA were claiming for unpaid tax and a false indemity claimback which of course is the £68. It also stated that I had received two previous letters offering me the oppotunity to pay that £68 but as I had not responded it was now a court claim that I must admit guilt for or defend. My post is held for weeks at a time from Royal Mail ( keepsafe) due to me receiving hospital tretament at weeks at a time that said I did not receive any previous letters from DVLA. So I am happy to defend this and go to court but wondering what CAG members think? In summary I paid an initial amount of £68 and then a DD of £31 , tax cancelled so I set up a new DD at £31 a month all in the month of Feb 2024, I claimed the £68 back from my bank. DD has been coming out each month without issue and I have paperwork to show the breakdown for both DD setup's plus bank statements showing the payments coming out . The second DD set up has extended payments up to Feb/Mar 2025. DVLA claiming the £68 was ilegally claimed back despite the fact they cancelled the original DD for reasons unknown. Is this defendable ? I will post up documents including the original DD conformations 
    • That doesn't look like clacton ... Former Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage buys coastal home in Lydd-on-Sea WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK Former Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage bought a coastal home in the county, it has been reported.  
    • It's not a private road.  It's a small public street (with Resi houses) that leads into and from public road/ highway. The garages have land in front of the doors.  Then there's a yellow line. So there's a clear marker on what is private and what is public.  These people keep parking on the private land side
    • Do you also own land the garages on and the private road? Or is it shared freehold with right of access to all freeholders or why?  Dx  
    • I may try cheap plastic bollards (traffic cones) first just to see if they get moved.  I will look into the cost of fixed bollards.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the warning! Have only recently started using Messenger, so will be on guard.

Ha Ha....you cant even guard the washing up :-o:-o:-o

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slipping with a knife and cutting my finger to the bone, beleave me i swore

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

well im bandaged up, id only just changed the blade on my stanley knife, lightly oiled nice and sharp, shame i slipped, its been taped and glued by the hospital, had a nice huge flap of skin coming off until that tho

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

well im bandaged up, id only just changed the blade on my stanley knife, lightly oiled nice and sharp, shame i slipped, its been taped and glued by the hospital, had a nice huge flap of skin coming off until that tho

Are you sure it was A & E and not B & Q? You could have got a replacement blade while you were there.

I'll get my coat.... and start running...........:eek:

Wasn't today but I poured boiling curry down my arm. I have thick walls but my neighbour must have heard me :mad:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

:confused:ooo what a swaste of curry

For some strange reason I didn't fancy pilau rice on its own.

The sight of melted skin and blisters did put me off too :mad:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What made me swear today?

Getting KO'd by my 11 month old 28kg GSD puppy.

Kitchen door was open, dog came to back door with her ball in her mouth, dropped the ball just inside the door for me to throw but to pick up ball up I had to close the door - the dog thought I was closing it on her and decided to jump up at the door to push it open - yours truely was bent over picking up the ball - bang, door handle against the top of my head, next I remembered was being laid out on the kitchen floor with OH, daughter & grandson stood over me.

Kitchen door was open, dog came to back door with her ball in her mouth, dropped the ball just inside the door for me to throw but to pick up ball up I had to close the door - the dog thought I was closing it on her and decided to jump up at the door to push it open - yours truely was bent over picking up the ball - bang, door handle against the top of my head, next I remembered was being laid out on the kitchen floor with OH, daughter & grandson stood over me.

Puppies don't cha just luv em?

Especially when they run straight into your legs and try to bend your knees the wrong way...ouch:(

I'm on XP Pro by the way...might not be a problem with Vista. I've got Vista on my laptop but I'm loathe to test the theory!.

Hopefully it might just be an incompatability with the Windowblinds, and it's a shame cos the new interface on Live Messenger was very stylish..they're trying to improve security and Vista -fy XP.

Trouble is I'd already spent a day tweaking and had made my desktop look like a cross between Vista and Tiger, it was stunning, so I'm not prepared to go back to boring old XP's chrome for the sake of a flash Messenger. :mad:

Going to reformat now..it's still buggy and I seem to have lost my IE top toolbar now...

Send a search party if I don't return...:eek:

weve got the live version of that will get the OH to give me the link when hes back from walking dogs.

For msn on vista i have heard u need the vista premium, top package, to get anywhere.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

LOL.

Had to have our German shepard put down last week due to age related problems.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

LOL.

Had to have our German shepard put down last week due to age related problems.

Sorry to hear that GM, must have been devastating for you, our last GSD was 16 years old when we had to make that decision, absolutely heartbreaking thing to do. Swore we would never have another dog, 10 years later here we are with another GSD - yesterday just swore :)

Beachie! You don't swear do you?? !! :eek:

Seems we have a GSD convoy here..

mine made me swear last year when I was training him NOT to barge out of the gate into the field..he sat and stayed beautifully while I opened the gate, still stayed till I said OK, then ran so fast to get out I had to jump out of his way, fell backwards off the step and broke my foot!

He gets to go out first now, as before :rolleyes:

* Make way for a rant!*

Apologies if I offend anyone's opinions here but... WHO OH WHY is that silly Tart Jordan/Katie Price or what ever she is calling herself this week constantly on the front page of the newspapers?!!

I personally am sick to death of seeing her ugly mug and inflated boobs/ego taking up the space of where 'news' should be reported... Is there ANYONE out there who is really interested in what she has to say??

Makes me want to swear... but it's really not worth the effort...8-)

Silly cow.. no that's just an insult to cows... take that back..

Forgot to say... * RANT OVER* feel better now.. ;-)

Edited by Spamalot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

not offending me as i agree they should be printing news about the state of this countries financies and in particular consumer debt

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

* Make way for a rant!*

Apologies if I offend anyone's opinions here but... WHO OH WHY is that silly Tart Jordan/Katie Price or what ever she is calling herself this week constantly on the front page of the newspapers?!!

I personally am sick to death of seeing her ugly mug and inflated boobs/ego taking up the space of where 'news' should be reported... Is there ANYONE out there who is really interested in what she has to say??

Makes me want to swear... but it's really not worth the effort...8-)

Silly cow.. no that's just an insult to cows... take that back..

Forgot to say... * RANT OVER* feel better now.. ;-)

Couldn't agree more Spammie, what with her and the other one, Kerry Katona, it seems being 'famous':rolleyes: means you can behave how you like and get away with it. What wonderful role models they are for their poor kids :rolleyes:

and going though with a divorce and then publicly stating she still loves him whats all that about?

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.