Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


cymruambyth last won the day on May 17 2011

cymruambyth had the most liked content!


1,042 Excellent

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. LTSB are not a priority payment, so they can go to the back of the queue! Do not miss your priority payments. Write to LTSB, give them a brief explanation of your problems and a suggested payment amount, enclosing a cheque. If this is all that you can pay, send in a cheque for this amount every month, so if they do try taking action against you then you can demonstrate that you are doing your best to pay.
  2. Hi Dave, they have mentioned the agreement in the POC, so 31.14 is appropriate for that. It s the agreement that you need to see to make sure that it contains all the prescribed terms.
  3. Hi that's why I have have given the link to pt's compilation. 1. keep an eye on dates, it you are late you will get a CCJ by default 2. Complete the AOS on line 3. Say you will defend, this will give you a total of 33 days from the date the claim was issued to try and understand everything, find out all the information that you need and make a decision to defend or admit 4. It is a relatively small amount (unfortunately I can multiply that by 20) so as stated if you start to question the action MAY not go further as it isn't worth it financially. 5. What is the POC? CPR 31.14 enables you to request all documents mentioned in POC.You need to know what documentation and whether it is enforceable that this action is based on. 6. My advice is from 4 court cases, 2 won, 1 lost (DJ lottery), 1 ongoing with a legal firm. 7. Most advice is based on experience; not all advice is good; try and check who the posters are; all decisions are yours so ask for help or PM the site team if you are lost or worried, the replies won't be instantaneous but they will arrive! 8. Good luck!
  4. Hi Dave You need to read all replies. I think the thread you have linked is important and helps with using the CPR 31.14.This link is comprehensive, try and plough through it. pt is a solicitor who specialises in the CCA (quite successfully) and used to post on CAG pt-legal issues-compilation.pdf
  5. If you admit any part of the debt you will get a CCJ unless it is all cleared. I would say that you are defending until you get back copies of your paperwork, check everything and then decide on your best course of action.
  6. As it is from the Northampton bulk court you can complete your AOS online, follow the instructions in the pack. Make sure you keep to the dates as if you don't they will get a judgement by default. You need to send CPR 31.14 as court action has started. How old is the card? Our Cap 1 card did not have the prescribed t&cs and was thrown out by the court.
  7. This is interesting because when we told the court about this name change the DJ said that as only the name had changed it didn't matter!!! Luckily she wasn't as happy with the failure to provide the prescribed t&cs
  8. Certain DJs will tell you that you are lucky that you only have to pay 12% as it is lower than the original agreement; they ignore all arguments about being notified in advance of a change of percentage or t&cs!
  9. Hi, from my limited knowledge, any documents that they want to refer to must be included in the documents exchange and cannot be added. You have a PM
  10. You need to get in before Cabot start court action with a CPUTR (Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations) request. This has been known to stop them.........
  11. Well done, a brilliant success. It always seems strange when you win and nearly all your hard work is dismissed, just for one point to succeed.
  12. Hi, the first thing you need to do is to acknowledge service (AOS) of the claim. you then have to decide if you want to defend this. How old is the card and have you made any requests for the original CCA. If you do not want to defend or have no grounds for defence I believe that you can admit the whole sum and request an instalment order from the court to establish a repayment scheme. This will result in a CCJ. If you want to defend you have a total of 33 days to get your defence in. Read the claim form and carefully note all dates and timescales.
  • Create New...