MBNA/Restons Claimform - old MBNA Card DEbt *** WON ***

supasnooper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never received any notification of the reduction of the credit limit being reduced to zero.

I've just gone through all the data that MBNA supplied as a result of an SAR request and it shows no correspondence prior to or after 31st July 2008 about the credit limit being reduced............unless MBNA haven't fully complied with the SAR request...............naughty, naughty.

I suppose I'd better invite MBNA's Data Controller to explain their position.

Edited by supasnooper
insert a space

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, it shows all the hallmarks of a bright idea someone came up with back at the ranch to salvage the wreckage that the local agent had left them by (quite properly) conceding the point.

My initial reaction when reading it was Oh F***, then I thought it through and realised that it looks clever but has no substance whatsoever. However, it does look attractive, so it does need to be squashed quite hard.

I have never received any notification of the reduction of the credit limit being reduced to zero.

I've just gone through all the data that MBNA supplied as a result of an SAR request and it shows no correspondence prior to or after 31st July 2008 about the credit limit being reduced............unless MBNA haven't fully complied with the SAR request...............naughty, naughty.

I suppose I'd better invite MBNA's Data Controller to explain their position.

MBNA are a bit shy about parting with information that is older than 6 years. What was the start date of this account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB,

You must have read my mind as I was just doing my WS for the case.

The start date was June 2001.

They have supplied some data but I'm mindful to haul them in front of a Judge for failing to fully comply with my SAR as there is no record of any of phone calls from them to my home phone number or to the calls they made to my work telephone number.

However............................

I've found some very good news regarding this case but I do not want to say too much until Tuesday when my WS hits the Judges desk.

Look forward to your update then :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just a quick one...........

Being mindful of the latest assertions of the claimant, I am also leaning towards citing Henderson v Henderson (1843) 3 Hare 100

(The rule in Henderson v. Henderson (1843) 3 Hare 100 is very well known. It requires the parties, when a matter becomes the subject of litigation between them in a court of competent jurisdiction, to bring their whole case before the court so that all aspects of it may be finally decided (subject, of course, to any appeal) once and for all.

In the absence of special circumstances, the parties cannot return to the court to advance arguments, claims or defences which they could have put forward for decision on the first occasion but failed to raise.

The rule is not based on the doctrine of res judicata in a narrow sense, nor even on any strict doctrine of issue or cause of action estoppel.

It is a rule of public policy based on the desirability, in the general interest as well as that of the parties themselves, that litigation should not drag on for ever and that a defendant should not be oppressed by successive suits when one would do. That is the abuse at which the rule is directed.")

As always, your thoughts and views are invited.

• 2 weeks later...

There doesnt appear to have been any comment on this. so I have fetched it forward . :D

Just a quick one...........

Being mindful of the latest assertions of the claimant, I am also leaning towards citing Henderson v Henderson (1843) 3 Hare 100

(The rule in Henderson v. Henderson (1843) 3 Hare 100 is very well known. It requires the parties, when a matter becomes the subject of litigation between them in a court of competent jurisdiction, to bring their whole case before the court so that all aspects of it may be finally decided (subject, of course, to any appeal) once and for all.

In the absence of special circumstances, the parties cannot return to the court to advance arguments, claims or defences which they could have put forward for decision on the first occasion but failed to raise.

The rule is not based on the doctrine of res judicata in a narrow sense, nor even on any strict doctrine of issue or cause of action estoppel.

It is a rule of public policy based on the desirability, in the general interest as well as that of the parties themselves, that litigation should not drag on for ever and that a defendant should not be oppressed by successive suits when one would do. That is the abuse at which the rule is directed.")

As always, your thoughts and views are invited.

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the Summary Judgment hearing.

Restons have discontinued.:D

They've said they will re-issue a fresh case against me as well as re-issue a Default Notice...............we'll see about that later. :eek::D

My SJ hearing costs have been awarded to me, as well as other costs in dealing with the whole case, so a donation will be on its way to CAG once the payment has been received.

That only leaves me to say big THANK YOU'S to zazen.warrior and 42man who initially pointed me in the right direction and empowered me to take MBNA/Restons on; and to steveH2508, citizenB, surfaceagentx20, car2403, Viscount Stair, Josie8, diddydicky, i'vegotnomoney and atwozee for their legal insights and astute observations along the way

A Thank You to the CAG site itself.

Without this site and its members, I would have struggled to gain the knowledge and reference material that I needed.

It would be apt to finish by saying thank you's to perdita, fedup74, tiokim, angel_1, supermanX, mitzbag, elliesnan, bobgosing, sunflower99, phatram, summerbreeze, ifoughtthelaw, gazza112, sunshine54, cashins, cartier-bresson, and fairbyblue who have subbed to my thread and offered their support and wishes as well.

Edited by supasnooper
typo

Woohoo, way to go. Well done you. :D:D

BCOBS

Well done Supa so pleased for you and so thrilled that restons have eaten dust!! Let's hope this is the last you hear from the Warrington *****!!:D:razz:

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<