Backdoor Lowell/Overdales CCJ - old £1247 vodafone mobile debt - I'd Moved

I’ve received a ccj letter for a Vodafone phone contract.

Does anyone know or maybe been in the same situation and can tell me what are the chances that it’s going to end up in high court if I don’t pay ?

It was Lowell who sent my case to overdales solicitors .

They said  they’ve sent me a letter asking to set up payment plan in October last year .

I’ve never received that letter might be because I moved house.

When I received a letter in my new place it was saying about ccj then letter from the ccj and payment plan for £100 a month which I can’t afford.

Debt now is for £1247 .

After that a letter from those solicitors which says that if I can’t afford to pay that £100 I have to contact them to set up a payment plan which I can afford. 

I don’t understand why do ccj on me in the first place if I actually can set up a plan with them ? 

They’re are saying if I don’t pay other actions will be taken against me.

Is it likely that my case will end up in high court ?

I can’t tell from your post what stage this is at.

take a breath : whilst you shouldn’t do nothing, you also shouldn’t panic.

Have they obtained a CCJ? Are they threatening one? And, (most importantly: do you owe them anything?)

So, don’t hang around and engage with this thread but don’t be tempted to make a knee jerk response to them.

Likely the 2 best things to do ASAP are

1) post up the letter you have received as a .pdf but redacted of any personal / identifiable info of your details

2) post up a ‘bullet-point’ chronological summary of events to date, including why they think you owe them, and what happened.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Lowell/Overdales CCJ - old vodafone mobile debt

classic backdoor CCJ case.

moved to financial legal issues and retitled 

as its above £600 they can get HCEO's involved via switching to the high court, but it makes no odds really

it's a consumer debt, so there is never a right of forced entry.

hope you've no other debts you've run away from? else more backdoor CCJ 's are a coming... 

this debt will be unpaid months until expiry of contract, which the FCA/OFCOM  etc are down on record as stating these are unfair/unlawful,

however as you moved and didnt tell the debt owner you had, they quite legally filed to your old address and it simply got rubberstamped through northants bulk robo court. no human there looks at anything as it went undefended.

what date is the judgement?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Lowell/Overdales CCJ - old £1247 vodafone mobile debt - I'd Moved

thread tidied and retitled.

please go back and read my last post carefully so you understand your position going forward.

theres really not a lot you can do here sadly.

i would not be paying them.

let it go all the way through BAILIFFs whom you totally ignore and see if it ever gets back in court by the claimants own actions, as there's no point in a set aside, as any paperwork/contract wriggles went out the window once the default judgement was issued.

a very worthy tale of why you MUST always advise all your creditors/debt owner you have moved.

you could have defended this and got the claim dismissed.

as it stands its now on your credit file for 6yrs paid or not, makes no odds, and will kill your credit. 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Strange how the Notice of Judgment from the court and Overdales post Judgment letters found your correct address post judgment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi 

thank you .

I can’t let it go through bailiffs or another court as I wouldn’t manage that with my anxiety.

I’ve offered them £10 a month, set up direct debit but I have to wait for their response for 2days.

What I don’t understand is the amount on my online account is the old one without added ccj fees.

Everything I can I do online as dealing with that kind if things through the phone is causing me way too much stress. 
would you advise me please what should I do ? 
thank you 

you dont ever have to deal with any debt matters on the phone, always state writing only and put the phone down what ever the debt!.

as i said earlier, quite honestly id not pay and ignore what lowells do.

On 13/03/2024 at 13:35, dx100uk said:

i would not be paying them.

let it go all the way through BAILIFFs whom you totally ignore and see if it ever gets back in court by the claimants own actions,

and they