Final Charging Order Information required.

Hi,

was wondering if anyone had any advice for me please,

after years of having a CCJ for a unsecured debt of £5000 in which I was paying £4 a month and never missed a payment, in 2011 the debtor took me to court to request a charging order on my joint mortgaged property,

I challenged it in court as I'd kept up my payments as per the CCJ order and that it was an unsecured loan, but the judge took the side of the debtor as he said that I would never be able to pay it back therefore he granted the debtor a final charging order of £12k including cost and interest of which i have been paying the debtor a token payment of £10 per month ever since,

Unlucky me, as I believe in October 2012 the law changed stating that if you have kept up your repayments on a CCJ then they can no longer get a charging order.

Since then, the charging order has changed hands to another DCA and I usually receive a statement every 2 to 3 years,

out of the blue I have now received a letter from their solicitor asking me to fill in an income and expenditure sheet,

my question is,

do I fill it in or not

as I could have sworn that the Judge said back in 2011, it's over and done now, so you can get on with your life?

please copy and paste the relevant text from your deeds regarding this. (use the .gov.uk site ONLY if you dont have a copy)

i suspect this is a restriction k, which means you don't need to pay anything to anyone and never did!... even if you sell your jointly owned home , you don't have to pay anything anyway other that the buyer writes to LR the home is now mine and the Rest k is thus removed. 

6 hours ago, Lunacy said:

it was an unsecured loan

who was the original creditor?

but the judge took the side of the debtor

debtor? you mean claimant - who was?

Since then, the charging order has changed hands to another DCA and I usually receive a statement every 2 to 3 years,

who are?

seems to me you are being had blind...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 18/03/2024 at 17:45, Lunacy said:

October 2012 the law changed stating that if you have kept up your repayments on a CCJ then they can no longer get a charging order.

The law changed on 1 October 2012. If a creditor applies for a CCJ against you after this date, the creditor can get a charging order even if you are up to date with the instalments the court ordered you to pay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread