• Tweets

• oh well i wonder what new fake documents they have made up then...for them to try this.... just to check nothing funky like Link have filed an n244 to lift the stay and strike out her defence....she hasnt moved since last court comms has she?   is this an n24? bit unusual for a 13mts stay to just be lifted... has she not received anything from link/kearns in the last fw weeks like a docs bundle? bit like this thread... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466576-lc-assetlinkkearns-claim-form-2-mbna-cc/?do=findComment&comment=5256397  
    • if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Are you a victim of deceptive pricing? - Shrinking Groceries

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have two old aged pensioners who are being fleeced by a reputable company who have gloria hunneyford front the adds for them

the story goes two x chatsworth chairs velvet claret 1465 model total price = £6355.00 vat nil. deposit paid on 4/8/08 £655.00 balance due £5700.00

in the deal the pensioners have also parted with two simmallar recliner chairs which they paid over £4000.00 for thus making the cost of the new recliner chairs £10.355.00...to be delivered this thursday

the pensioners have already parted with almost £18000.00 to this salesman over the last three years ....? the two origional chairs they purchased from this company actually are advertised now at £900.00 each

the pensioners are aged 93 and 97 i suspect that they will lose the deposit if they cancel which is what they would like to do but are afraid and really cannot afford to lose this deposit either is their anything i can do in order to have this order cancelled and deposit returned

patrickq1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Razor blades full stop are evil - one thing to look out for is often you get a full sized 'holder' for blades in a new razor, but only 1/2 blades actually in it. Can often seem like a new razor is the cheaper option when in reality you're getting half (or less!) the cutting-power for well more than half the price!

I recently had to switch to the old face shredders (disposables) because the price of blades rocketed so much :(

Oh yeah, the other one - often you'll find identical blades with vastly different prices. If a certain un-named brand has a regular razor and, say, one that vibrates you'll find the blades for the vibrator (ohh err missus) are invariably priced higher even though they're EXACTLY the same thing!

the fusion blades are being sold in china for a pack of 4 for $6.5 usd ? are we being screwed or what

patrickq1

i have two old aged pensioners who are being fleeced by a reputable company who have gloria hunneyford front the adds for them

the story goes two x chatsworth chairs velvet claret 1465 model total price = £6355.00 vat nil. deposit paid on 4/8/08 £655.00 balance due £5700.00

in the deal the pensioners have also parted with two simmallar recliner chairs which they paid over £4000.00 for thus making the cost of the new recliner chairs £10.355.00...to be delivered this thursday

the pensioners have already parted with almost £18000.00 to this salesman over the last three years ....? the two origional chairs they purchased from this company actually are advertised now at £900.00 each

the pensioners are aged 93 and 97 i suspect that they will lose the deposit if they cancel which is what they would like to do but are afraid and really cannot afford to lose this deposit either is their anything i can do in order to have this order cancelled and deposit returned

patrickq1

I think you need to start youtr own thread on this in order to get the help these pensioners obviously need, this is appalling :(

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

i am awaiting their regional sales manager to contact me tomorrow,altogether over 2 years they have taken 21000 of this old couple and almost exhausted their lifetime savings so i am not best pleased with them

patrickq1

It is everywhere. Like New magazine (I think) in big bright numbers it has 1 figure, something like 40 or 50p making you think that is the price but underneath in small letters it says 'cheaper than Now'. So by the time you get to the counter to pay for it your paying 50p more than you thought. I found that out at Gatwick in Whsmith's after standing in the queue for so long. I just paid the money because I couldn't be bothered.

Noticed today - Miller lager in bottles, used to be a box of 15, now a box of 12 for same price.

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Tesco (again) peaches - now 4 in a pack instead of 6, same price. Clever use of packaging as the pack is the same size as the old one!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

This one isn't concerned with groceries, but might apply to of all you that probably only do your shopping at weekends.

"Focus" DIY and Garden Centres have wonderful bargains on garden furniture in the week, but their prices mysteriously rise at the weekends!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Asda put up tins of beans (small tins)by a penny every summer season and at end of season drop it by a penny 1 month before xmas the inflate the price of all soups and vegetables (tinned) then reduce after xmas ...we see it every year i have asked their customer srvices department why dont they give discount cards out to the local customers since this is a holiday village answer WHAT AAARRRGGGHHHH a terrible look of sickness befell him the creep

patrickq1

by the way got the deposit back and now negotiating a 2000 refund if this happens i will hold my hands upto them for admitting their unsccrupulous saleman or rouge salesman at least they sacked him but as long as i see the old pensioners monies returned

patrickq1

by the way got the deposit back and now negotiating a 2000 refund if this happens i will hold my hands upto them for admitting their unsccrupulous saleman or rouge salesman at least they sacked him but as long as i see the old pensioners monies returned

patrickq1

You're a good man Patrick!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

i cant stand anyone who takes unfair and deceptive practices against especialy old aged pensioners,my biggest gripe at the moment is when a company will not give a price but insist on a demonstration straght away you know it is wrong and bordering on contemptious behaviour for the person asking the price as if to say we charge whatever we think you can afford and it is never the same as next doors price ? gggrrr

• 3 weeks later...

MORRISONS

You have to give them credit for trying.

Credit Crunch deal. Ok all the items are 50pence so thats good, but its the claim afterwards, "or you can have them all for £4".

How many Items are there? well theres 8, so yes their claim is spot on, you can have them all for £4 and save an extra nothing.

Isolated?

No.

I was looking at the Nintendo DS's for £99. Good Price, then the advert caught my eye. £120 for a DS and a Game.The Game is Brain train, which they sell for £19.99. So it actually costs you £1 more to buy them together than it does if you get them seperate. So I asked for them to be paid for as individual items, of which I was told I can't, unless I pay for the DS and come back later and get the game.

ok 2 Isolated cases and I bet there is more, so before you buy, just check the deal first.

How foolish do they think customers are?

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

A new Tesco superstore has just opened near us,& they're advertising that you get 5p, for every £10 off your petrol, if you pay something like £50 for your groceries, only trouble is; the nearest Tesco with a petrol station is about 10 miles away. Think I'll stick to my new Green points saver card with them, & my "Miles" petrol saver card with Morrisons, at least that way I have something to show at the end of it.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Tesco's again.....

Loose white potatoes were £1.28 / kilo (I think). Bagged white potatos were priced per potato - I think it was 17p per potato. However, weighing the pre-bagged ones worked out at twice as much as the loose ones per kilo!

I have said it before but NEVER be embarrased about using the weighing equipment in store. I have done it and attracted the attention some uppity who was quite surprised at the price difference and started doing it herself.

In Tesco's again.....

Loose white potatoes were £1.28 / kilo (I think). Bagged white potatos were priced per potato - I think it was 17p per potato. However, weighing the pre-bagged ones worked out at twice as much as the loose ones per kilo!

I have said it before but NEVER be embarrased about using the weighing equipment in store. I have done it and attracted the attention some uppity who was quite surprised at the price difference and started doing it herself.

Good for you gyzmo, in fact I do it regularly, Tesco, Asda, etc, they all supply the scales for us to use.

;)

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tesco's today, I wanted some cheese and thought I would check prices rather than just pick up a block and pay as I normally would, now my head hurts

200 gr Cathedral City mature (cracker size) £1.48 *2 = 400 gr @£2.96:D

200 gr Cathedral City mature (normal size) £2.06 *2 =400 gr @£4.12:???:

400 gr Cathedral City Mature @£4.42:eek:

Another BOGOF today.

'Ginsters' Pasties at local Spar £1.69. Who do they think they are kidding? I had one of these pasties (first and last time) in Lancaster a few weeks ago, and it cost no more the 90p (the only reason I bought it was because it was reduced to 56p as it had to be eaten that day).

Let's just double the price and pretend they are getting a good deal. Honestly, it's just plain offensive! They may as well put a sign over the door stating 'Here at Spar we will treat you as if you are an imbecile'.

I should say I appreciate Spar is a conveniece store. Is this, in my opinion, underhand behaviour the retailers or the manufacturers?

Eggs; how come the cheapest eggs in both Asda and Sainsbury's happen to both be 88p? Maybe the OFT are correct in thier assertion that supermarkets are colluding/price fixing. My local Spar is proud to boast how overpriced they are, yet 6 eggs costs 66p? A loss leader?...

Edited by Thailand
Sp

Then there is the toothpaste dodge. They bring out a large family size but increase the opening where the paste comes out

Heinz like this one, they must have doubled the size of the opening..... dare you squeeze normally, you end up with a plate of Ketchup/salad cream. A new carefully devised light pinch is all that is now required!

Buggars, the lot of 'em!! :D

General thought: Eggs have rocketed in price "because of the increased cost of grain to feed the hens". ;) So isn't it strange that the cost of an oven-ready chicken hasn't increased - these birds need feeding too. :???:

Tesco yesterday. Swedes 89p each - or half a swede at 89p/kilo. The whole swedes weighed around 500-600g...:roll:

I am almost equidistant between two Tesco Metro stores. One area is deemed to be more affluent than the other, they stock different items. "Grotty" area - has "value" veg - broccoli, peppers etc at very good prices but, usually, not many good "quick sale" items. "Snotty" area has more expensive lines and great "quick sale" items. I go to both...

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

Never mind shrinking groceries, what about teh wrong groceries?

Have you ever picked up a product only to find you have the wrong brand? There are a lot of complaints from leading brand manufacturers (and research carried out last year) that their packaging is being copied and is confusing people.

I used to work for an eyeware company. I was told there had to be '10 subtle differences'.... as I was selling designer sunglasses (overpriced tut!) we was not best pleased with Claire's accessories selling what appeared to be almost identical eyewear, and apparel, at sometimes over £160 cheaper (I know where I would have gone if I didn't get the genuine stuff for gratis).

I think it's all very misleading, its rather like burning copy CD's and photocopying the cover. There are so many copies of genuine stuff out there, though they never fool me! sometimes though, the item that is pretending to be something else does the same job at a lesser cost, which is good!. :D Though this can mean compromising on quality.

It appears I want the best of both worlds on this one!

Edited by Thailand
added

General thought: Eggs have rocketed in price "because of the increased cost of grain to feed the hens". ;) So isn't it strange that the cost of an oven-ready chicken hasn't increased - these birds need feeding too. :???:quote]

That's why I thought the SEL was wrong - 6 eggs for 66p?? 22p less than the cheapest supermarket (includes Lidl). But after 3 months they are still 66p, and now have a flash on the box.

I remember an article on the news about the pending increase in the price of chickens, but it never really happened? My local somerfield is selling them at £2.50?. The price of the fillets, thighs, wings, drumsticks, flavoured portions etc does seem to have shot up though.