Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So what do you know about companies such as Ruthbridge and Apex ??

Very little, but I do know about standard FOS guidelines and operating procedure. FOS is an excellent tool for dealing with companies who are trying to fob you off, denying receipt of letters, or responding negatively to a genuine grievance. It's just important to be aware FOS will not act unless you have already exhausted the standard channels of complaint.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we know that the FOS will not do anything till the compalints procedure has been delt with but it does not stop us from ringing them up and getting advise on what we can do does it.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well i do anyway as they are not writing to me.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

We all know how effective the DCAs complaints procedure is. The Leeds Losers complaints officer denied all of my complaint and told me the alleged debt was enforcable and they could prove I made payments. I have yet to see this proof and now Lowells have said they cannot produce the agreement.

Strange change of view that. The CSA complaints procedure is an even bigger joke. Its a bit like asking Dr Shipman to carry out the PMs on his victims.

Guest Orwell72

Scrap the 10p tax rate then give you back £10 a month mmmmmmmmmm

I wonder if online there is a thread that works like a virtual election or vote of no confidence be intresting just to see how big the reaction would be.

Scrap the 10p tax rate then give you back £10 a month mmmmmmmmmm

I wonder if online there is a thread that works like a virtual election or vote of no confidence be intresting just to see how big the reaction would be.

Strikes me of a panic measure in order to try and scrape something from the forthcoming bye-elctions in Crewe and Nantwich:o

Strikes me of a panic measure in order to try and scrape something from the forthcoming bye-elctions in Crewe and Nantwich:shock:

Yeah and I think even some of the Vote labour or die brigade will have worked that one out.

Stupid thing about it was that this was totally self inflicted. Oops, spending more than's coming in, ummmmmmm, I know, lets clobber the poorest people in the land.

I think this government is dying of pure bloody arrogance.

David

So what do you know about companies such as Ruthbridge and Apex ??

probably just like all the other DCA's

ignorant of the law, say what ever they want to say and get away it, send threat letters demanding that you have not contacted them (after you sent at least 3 letters by recorded)

blah blah blah blah blah

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Guest Orwell72

The best thing about DCA is the crap they send you when you have submitted a CCA request

fine examples

• Please can you confirm your last few addresses for security

So you don't know where I have lived or if your really have the right person

• We want to offer you 25% off this debt

S#*T we might loose every hope here, get what you can

These are some of the examples of letters I have recieved

are there any others out there that you have recieved ?

I must admit 'my dca' aaah, ringing to offer me a special sale experience a while ago had me busting a gut. I think they thought they were selling a lottery winning ticket with a guaranteed jackpot they way they tried to flog this 'favour'

They really think I'm stupid is the problem because I have always believed what they said was true with no proof ever sent to me. I was terrified and have since learnt to start to try to pretend to flog double glazing to them once they've finished. Just got the idea from some rubbish put through the door and repeated what it said, You buy one You get one free:D

She wasn't interested in my offer:mad:

The Lowell ones are classics.

1st - We have contacted our client (for a debt they claimed to have purchased) and when our client sends us the requested documents you will be expected to pay up in full.

2nd. Our client is still getting the document but we are prepared to offer you a 60% discount if you pay us within 3 days otherwise you will have to pay in full when our client retrieves the documents

3rd Our client is still getting the document but we are prepared to offer you a 60% discount if you pay us within 3 days otherwise you will have to pay in full when our client retrieves the documents (Yes I know its identical to their second letter):rolleyes:

4th and Final letter We are sorry that our client cannot retrieve the requested paperwork so we are closing our files and you will hear nothing further from us:D:D:D

lowells sent me the 50% off letter , dozy buggers , they aint getting a penny until they prove that i owe this money , which i believe they can not produce .

NUMPTYS

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Just found this thread :)

Treat DCA's with the contempt they deserve, there is an example of one of my letters on this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/125577-metropolitan-collection-services-action.html

yes it did go like that :D and funnily enough I have heard nothing since :)

pete

I must admit 'my dca' aaah, ringing to offer me a special sale experience a while ago had me busting a gut. I think they thought they were selling a lottery winning ticket with a guaranteed jackpot they way they tried to flog this 'favour'

They really think I'm stupid is the problem because I have always believed what they said was true with no proof ever sent to me. I was terrified and have since learnt to start to try to pretend to flog double glazing to them once they've finished. Just got the idea from some rubbish put through the door and repeated what it said, You buy one You get one free:D

She wasn't interested in my offer:mad:

I can never work out how an advert featuring some long-haired, middle-aged thug shouting at the top of his voice "You buy one, you get one free" was ever supposed to sell anything. Who but an idiot would buy from that firm having watched that advert?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I believe you may have answered your own question ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I believe you may have answered your own question ...

Quite right Tiglet, it was somewhat rhetorical. I bet I'm not the only one who gets irritated by that advert, though thankfully I haven't seen it for a while.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

It's the coat that gets me ...

Yep, that and the haircut. Like a downmarket Peter Stringfellow.

I feel physically sick.

Well several thousand women didn't apparently. It reminds me of the question Mrs Merton once put to Debbie McGee: ".. so what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" Says it all really.

Fred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks