Capquest/Resolvecall chasing me for a CAP1 card debt I don’t recognise

WhitmoreReans
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a letter from Capquest informing me that they are transferring a debt that they claim I owe to Capital One, from themselves to another company called Resolvecall.

Today another letter arrives and I received a text message stating that they would be sending someone to my home address. 

About twenty years ago I defaulted on some unsecured debt, I genuinely do not remember having a credit card with Capital One, in fact I have an account with them that I opened about four years ago which is in credit and I’ve always paid off in full every month. 

I have emailed them a standard prove it letter today and received a reply about half an hour later which contained this gem:

“Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that there are certain websites purporting to provide information which will allow their users to avoid repayment or discussion of debts. It is our belief these sites are disseminating misinformation which is both unhelpful and harmful to the consumer.

The letter you have sent is one of these templates. It appears to be a letter of dispute but simply lists the regulations around disputed debt and it does not explain to us why you are specifically disputing this debt.”

I absolutely won’t be paying them anything, however I do not want any letters or visits as this would cause me terrible problems at home. I’ve replied to their email stating clearly that I don’t recognise the debt and that it would be statute barred anyway and not to contact me again.

What can I do if they persist in chasing me?

This is causing me considerable alarm and distress - I’ve made huge efforts to sort my life out and become a responsible and productive member of society over the last decade.

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest/Resolvecall chasing me for a CAP1 card debt I don’t recognise

why did you send a stupid prove it letter?

you should have sent capquest our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library.

and you should NEVER use eMAIL to a DCA.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I’ve no recollection of defaulting on a debt to capital one, about twenty years ago

I ran up debts with Barclaycard and (I think) MBNA which I definitely defaulted on.

At the time I was a stupid irresponsible moron who abused alcohol and drugs on a daily basis which led to a period of mental illness, however I’ve spent a lot of time and effort to become a much better person than I was. 

There is a possibility that I have forgotten who I owed money to, I don’t remember that much from that period of my life.

I honestly couldn’t send an sb letter for a debt that I have no recollection of and my thinking was that if they could prove that I had defaulted on this debt then it would then be obvious that it was sb and the letter could be sent at that point. 

I used email as I cannot have letters going to my home address as they are opened by my oh and this would cause huge problems for me, I’m ashamed of that period of my life.

you'll be even more ashamed if one of your old debts became a backdoor CCJ because you didnt update the owner of your correct & current address, they'd get a backdoor CCJ by default then the 1st you'd know is REAL BAILIFFS at your door...not a fake resolvecall doorstepper..which appears an imminent probability!! .WAKE UP!

send the sb letter it doesnt matter what you remember or not, its not been paid or used in +6yrs ...end of the matter.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They’ve got my current address, I’ll send the sb letter this morning as well

I’ve had an email this morning from Resolvecall stating that they are no longer dealing and that it’s been sent back to Capquest. I guess this is the last I’ll hear from Resolvecall and I await communication from Capquest

sb letter will kill everything.

dx

and they