Leicester Limited Company Concealing Identity: ASW Cars Ltd t/a Silverdale Cars - formerly ASWBNCA (archived website)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heads up: I purchased a car from Silverdale Cars online; cancelled the order before delivery; denied a refund; then found out they are NOT who they appear to be - even their address was bogus.

**LEGAL BASIS FOR REFUND: The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 – see below

SC has major listings on Auto Trader and usual car sites - often over 100 cars.

Silverdale Cars were formerly RAC Approved Dealer - I escalated my complaint with RAC - RAC area manager met with them on their 'site' and they agreed to refund me in full – to date nothing has been received - now they are even dodging RAC.

RAC finally identified them as ASW Cars Ltd t/a Silverdale Cars.

RAC has since removed them from the 'network' following investigation of my case but RAC branding is still all over their sales' pages.

Their landlords own two major trading estates in Leicester: they told me who they were a couple weeks before RAC even confirmed their identity.

I then discovered that SC business bank account is registered to a family member - same surname as the directors.

Sent ASW Cars t/a Silverdale Cars pre-action letters.

Now (non-regulated) Lawgistics solicitors has jumped into the fray denying their clients ASW Cars has anything to do with Silverdale Cars.

ASW Cars Ltd has disastrous online reviews; recent CCJs; and a High Risk Credit Limit. 

If anyone has had any dealings with this family firm or any advice on dealing with the solicitors, please let me know.

From what I have read, Lawgistsics' main tactic is dragging cases out.

It seems they are stashing cars in warehouses across the Midlands.

**LEGAL BASIS FOR REFUND:

Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods are not faulty. Sales of this kind are known as ‘distance selling’

You must offer a refund to customers if they’ve told you within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. They have another 14 days to return the goods once they’ve told you

You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They do not have to provide a reason.

WWW.GOV.UK

When you do and do not have to offer a refund, repair or replacement, unconditional refunds for online purchases, and penalties for deceiving...

When buying a car online or over the phone, what are my rights if I change my mind and no longer want to buy the car? 

If you’ve placed a deposit on a vehicle at a distance, either online or over the phone, you are entitled to cancel your order within 14 days and receive a full refund of your deposit, regardless of your reasons or any money the retailer has spent.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/distance-sales-faqs

Edited by Omega 888
  • I agree 1

• Omega 888 changed the title to Leicester Limited Company Concealing Identity: ASW Cars Ltd t/a Silverdale Cars - formerly ASWBNCA (archived website)

How did you pay? How much did you pay?

Also, tell us a bit about the car – make model mileage blah blah blah

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sunset555 said:

Hi, I also have the same issue with ASW Cars Ltd and also Zayn at Silverdale Cars and the RAC. Silverdale sold me a car and promised it had the RAC checks as per their dealership (April 2023) and when the car arrived the next day it had illegal tyres, dirty inside and out, false MOT, no service and needed a full health check before my daughter could drive it. ASW Cars via Lawgistics after my letter before action also stated same as you that they know nothing about Silverdale and have 'no link'. Starting my MoneyClaim on them as its disgusting that people can treat others like this. Also reported to Trading standards via the citizens advice. Please get in touch if you need my help and I also would like to know more of your experience. 

Please will you start a new thread for this.

It is very confusing to begin a new story on an existing thread.

Thank you

I specifically asked for people's experience. Sunset555's post is not confusing at all. Sunset555: if you paid into Silverdale Car's bank account, it has been set up using a female member of the family - SUE her.

• Sad 1

Hi, thanks. Silverdale cars sold me the car and issued ASW Cars Ltd as the given bank account to make payment which I did. I have sent a letter before action to ASW Cars Ltd since they received my money and must know Silverdale although their Solicitors are stating they have no connection. I am enforcing a full MoneyClaim on them. 

Get in touch with Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards. They have a few complaints about them.

As far as I am concerned, there is no "Zayn". He is the director of ASW Cars. If you want to know the name of the woman you paid - the registered owner of SC - then use your bank "Pay someone new"... Type in the details and use the director's last name, Your baqnk will MATCH to the real registered owner - who sharers their surname. I am still explorinbg her as the bank allowed her to set up the account using only initials.

Oh - sorry you paid ASW Cars. 

Then Lawgistics is just trying to bully you. You definitely have a more straightforward MCOL than I do. Mind you, ASW Cars has two outstanding CCJs since June 2022.

ASW Cars have not advertised anywhere since 2022 - they have been using SC instead. Now they have scuppered the SC website however, their AutoTrader page still identifies as Silverdale Cars. They have changed their name again to: NUMOTA.

Garages issuing False MOTs should definitely be reported as well. ASW must be working with a garage or three. I have seen several complaints that their cars are unroadworthy/dangerous.

I have photocopies of every page.

Ive reported to RAC their legal team are on him. I dont care about the money.

They intentionally sold me a car which was for my daughter in an illegal state car and unsafe car with failed mot tyres but assured me it had all been checked and issued a false mot.

If i help stop another daughter or son having their lives risked i will make sure they pay me back. Cost £1600 just to be road worthy.

The so called Zayn had kids in the back ground screaming when he told me its a great car. How as a parent they sleep is beyond me. 

Just found their new company its called Numota - same number as Silverdale 

New name under auto trader. 

Precisely my attitude. I was dealing with RAC Client Support Services - a woman called Danielle. Give her my 'regards'. I had to twist their arms to get them to admit the crims they accredited as "Approved Dealers". RAC played their cards very close to their chest b/c they knew they should not have vouched for these people. If you don't mind, what address were they using when you purchased your daughter's car?

Silverdale at Leicester LE4 8NN

RAC & Danielle also not helpful. I started my claim with them in May. I will never trust RAC again. They wangled out of every claim i made under the warranty. Interesting you were dealing with them at the same time. 

I appreciate that the information being exchanged is useful but once again it is confusing to have two stories on the same thread.

Also, it is unhelpful in terms of Google rankings because the Google bots Will play small importance if there are two separate threads and this company is mentioned separately by different people.

Please can you follow our advice on this point. We have been running this forum for a long time and we are fully aware of how it works and what the best way of putting stories up is

Not a complete address as I am sure you are aware. When they were RAC Approved, RAC's website listed them as: 10 Silverdale Drive Thurmaston, Leicester LE4 8NN.

The owner of that site is NEAL Brothers. Their accounts department told me in April they had never heard of SILVERDALE CARS.

Then RAC gave me a new address: 79 Hastings Road LE5 0LJ. This address does not really exist but if it did it would also fall on another NEAL Brothers estate here: Queens Building, Hastings Road, Leicester. 

Again NEAL Brothers account department told me: The only car dealer we have on Hastings Road is ASW Cars Ltd. Then they gave me the director's mobile number. 

1 hour ago, Omega 888 said:

I specifically asked for people's experience. Sunset555's post is not confusing at all. Sunset555: if you paid into Silverdale Car's bank account, it has been set up using a female member of the family - SUE her.

I'm afraid that suing the owner of the bank account is not possible and this would simply be a waste of time and money and will fatigue you

40 minutes ago, Omega 888 said:

Get in touch with Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards. They have a few complaints about them. As far as I am concerned, there is no "Zayn". He is the director of ASW Cars. If you want to know the name of the woman you paid - the registered owner of SC - then use your bank "Pay someone new"... Type in the details and use the director's last name, Your baqnk will MATCH to the real registered owner - who sharers their surname. I am still explorinbg her as the bank allowed her to set up the account using only initials.

I'm afraid that you will find that trading standards is up no use to you and it will not help you at all.

Which Bank is it that you say has allowed her to set up an account using initials only?

Hi Omega,

I dont understand the advice that going after an owner of a bank account in my case would be a waste of time 🤷‍♂️ i was given ASW Cars Ltd, paid, had the receipt confirmed and the car delivered so as far as im concerned its a company who received the money clear and fact. Silverdale and Zayn are coverup names. I also dont understand why asked to use a new feed on here as ive only answered a reply - bit confusing. 

I 'think' that comment was intended for me.

Whilst we were essentially dealing with the same rogue traders, you paid ASW Cars Ltd. I paid Silverdale Cars - an unregistered business with a business bank account that has been set up by a family member.

Thank-you. So why did admin on here say earlier wasting time going after an owner of a bank account? For my case i paid a company and the said given details. Also how can logistics law firm lie saying their client doesnt even know a Silverdale cars. Who are these rogue traders? Why will trading stamdards do nothing? Im phoning LCC tomorrow. 

cause they did not sell you the car. you cant name them on your claimform, now if they show as a director....thats diff..

logistics are a nightmare and were formed by and for the traders, those that set it up are/were i believe ex rouge traders themselves.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and wont do a thing to get your moneyback, will simply be another CCJ and they'll phoenix again.

On 06/06/2023 at 14:21, BankFodder said:

How did you pay? How much did you pay?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

£3900 for the car. No service, Mot falsified as a pass as 2 illegal tyres.

No RAC 82 point check as guaranteed as an approved dealer (since been removed) had to spend further £1600 to make road worthy.

Paid by Bacs direct to account provided ASW cars.

Quite happy to make sure another CCJ as im not bothered about the money just to make other peoples sons and daughters aware of how unsafe their cars are so if only one person doesnt die in a RTA.

Auto trader also being dealt with. 

Contact Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards: mention that you know this group are being investigated by LCC Trading Standards Investigations Team - [email protected] - 0116 305 2300

You probably already know this but as you are taking a Limited Company to court: "If the company you are looking to sue is a limited company then you must check the company name on Companies House, it must be 100% accurate.

You must make sure to include both the trading address and the registered address (usually the address for service and for issuing a claim). It is worth noting that these two addresses are not always the same." 

The trading address is whatever address they listed in their advert or on their invoice. The registered address is the one listed on Companies House in Birmingham.

Btw I have been told that Lawgistics are not in fact solicitors - they just want people to think they are.

Good luck and thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Omega 888 said:

Btw I have been told that Lawgistics are not in fact solicitors - they just want people to think they are.

correct thought you knew that.

bunch of ex traders that charge firms a heavy annual fee to be members of their 'club' protecting traders ripping of motorists.

and they

NUMOTA is the latest new trading name of Silverdale cars and the latest still advertise RAC warranty - ive had numerous friends try buy cars from Silverdale and each time a different bank account has been given. NUMOTA is not a registered company and the address given is the same as previous Silverdale cars. Unbelievable…… NUMOTA 

Sunset555 Whose accounts are they using? Business names or Individuals? Which banks? Have you got any names to share?

Also: which bank did ASW Cars use when you paid them? Was it Lloyds?