kennythecelt 1 v halifax and BOS 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh! Wow! And the original SAR was for your FULL banking history with that organisation!

Well, well.

File not to me and others.

1. Received letter from BoS requesting 1.£5 charge for copy statements on one of my accounts. 2.Please confirm whether you want to pay and proceed. Telephone number is 08458 500027, fax 0845 603 9009.

I asked them what this is all about, very nicely. Ask them what account number the given roll number relates to. It is for the only account for which I have 2 sets of full banking history. Ah well!

She says that I should have received a form to fill in as their recharge procedures have just changed.

1 & 2: Do sound like a change in procedures of some kind!

(really- anyone heard anything!).

No, I haven't!

(probably a complaint form!??!) Have not got it anyway and don't need it, and will see what happens. They are totally incompetent. However, I am seeing how that can be used to advantage. As we shall now see.

2. I had managed to put together what I thought was a fairly comprehensive list of account numbers (11 in total) with BoS and related companies inc current accounts, a couple of loans and mortgages, a preference account, Halifax. While I was on the phone to BoS, as above, I was looking through a file and noticed an interesting letter relating to my recent house sale. It confirmed that I had paid in full and the account was closed. But there was a phone number and I'm up for a challenge, the account number would also be handy. The address was Chester and their phone number is 0845 606 1654. So I rang it.............Red rag to a bull with me!

3. After the usual security checks. Extremely helpful bloke. Gave me list of account numbers (5) in total, going back to 1998. (very grateful to him, BoS never gave me this)

This was a bit of a shock as the numbers are not part of the original 11, so there are now 16 accounts, all but one closed. (I am pretty sure the number will increase as I boldly go)

These loans are Scotbuilder (plus), Homeloan, Preference. Sometimes a courier would arrive with a cheque at a prearranged time. Felt appreciated in those days- how I was conned. These loans were really about attempts to hold things together and consolidate as a result of bank charges etc.

I wondered how long it would take you, Kenny!!

That was a bit like my phone call from Sally. 7 other accounts turned up.

It becomes VERY interesting as it all unfolds.

Anyhow.

Him. We only keep statements for 2 years as they are wiped off the system so that we can comply with the data protection act. That service is done to protect you from fraudulent access.

Me Hey Hey! Hold on. I have paid 2 lots of £10 cheques for full banking informatation. SARs, have you heard of them. No Sir. I felt like Emile Zatopek (Excuse possible spelling error!).

Me Surely you don't think that I accept that. I know you know. What part of the data protection Act is it that you are referring to please? I for one would like to know.

Poor guy! Floundering! Trembling under the massive barrage of gunfire from Kenny!

OK sir, lots of customers come on here for tax purposes and we can go as far back as the year zero. We will send you the information on that basis.

Lets see.

However, as MacBoy would say Kerchiiinnnngggg!!! That gives me plenty of ammo.

You know . . . In a younger "incarnation", I'd have been tempted to say that they were devious B*G***S. Now I'm not so sure!

As you said: "INCOMPETENCE" seems to be the watchward!

Yup! Like you

These loans are Scotbuilder (plus), Homeloan, Preference. Sometimes a courier would arrive with a cheque at a prearranged time. Felt appreciated in those days- how I was conned. These loans were really about attempts to hold things together and consolidate as a result of bank charges etc.

Gosh! I'd forgotten about these incidents in my short life! Didn't we have to pay for the couriers, Kenny?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Wow! And the original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) was for your FULL banking history with that organisation!

YES

1 & 2: Do sound like a change in procedures of some kind!

ALL- Lets see, what happens from now on with newbies!!!

No, I haven't!

[/color]

I wondered how long it would take you, Kenny!!

That was a bit like my phone call from Sally. 7 other accounts turned up.

It becomes VERY interesting as it all unfolds.

Anyhow.

All- They buckle, if pushed. Not all parts of the organisation are geared up. Procedures all designed to work from HBOS down to other parts of the organisation inc SAR team, not in reverse. IE they can point you in direction of loan and arrange that but older details cannot readily be sent back. Hence delays with banking history. Procedures NOT in place!

Poor guy! Floundering! Trembling under the massive barrage of gunfire from Kenny!

All- Not everyone has been on the training course or has read the standard 6 year put down e mails!!!

You know . . . In a younger "incarnation", I'd have been tempted to say that they were devious B*G***S. Now I'm not so sure!

As you said: "INCOMPETENCE" seems to be the watchward!

Yup! Like you [/color]

Gosh! I'd forgotten about these incidents in my short life! Didn't we have to pay for the couriers, Kenny?

We did indeed. Wonder what the cost was? Can it be claimed back!! They knew we were desperate for it and made a charge to give us a check!!!!

Plus, I needed the loans to keep going due to bank charges. I take out a loan- They charge me interest to consolidate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They always offered me loans as I would then pay interest on top of it. CONSOLIDATION threads now very important!!!

I'd say this was definitely cock-up theory at work too - but you seem to have found their archiving section. Well played Kenny! ;):cool:

Remember how easy it was for me to walk into my local branch and get my full summarised history with all account numbers and open/close dates? I'll say it again-they have all the information - they are just withholding it from us :mad:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

'Que...?'

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I knew you would not be able to resist. Promise I won't change the theme til Saturday.

We both have plenty on our plates!! Hope its Paella from Barthelona!!

Well perhaps not your plate Manuel, as its been dropped on that customers lap!!:lol: :lol:

hi Kenny just read there that you have mentioned GMAC i have got my mortgage with these nasty nasty peolpe going to be able to pay it of soon then i am going after them do you think i am best waiting untill i have paid them off or go for it now they charge me £50 a month arrears fee and £15 of non dd

any advice would be great ta

Buffy xx

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

Hi Buffy

there seems to be a growing community re GMAC. They are nasty. American backed institution, but they have been challenged over there- you will have heard of the recent issue in the states re mortgages and loss of confidence etc. I used them for 10 months, interest only. Mega legal fees at introduction plus insurance. Hefty fees to settle.

They will not hesitate to reposess. There is a big profit in it for them. SDometimes it seems like that is one of the real issues they are interested in- gleamed from posters on CAG who have had difficulties. Not like the British institutions as they use American style agreements and they are harsh.

When I was negotiating with them and agreeing the details, the process they put me through was meticulous. They had photocopies of letters which they insisted I copy word for word and then sign. I didn't know it at the time, but that would have been designed to try and give them a bit more elbow if I was to claim in the future. I will. (can't just now as there is a small matter still to be resolved with HBOS- HAHA!!) However, they are on my radar. I was pretty desperate then as keen to swith from BoS re bank charges/ mortgage charges.

I am still doing research. I know a few people who have done battle, Barracad has, not sure of current situation.

They go the full way, they don't turn over, easily- not like Halifax etc at all. However, there will be someone who has had success against them. You need a plan of action if it is a current mortgage you have and plenty of good advice from a high level. Of that, I am certain. They use lawyers and they have a set drill.

Use the search tool above, enter GMAC and do some research. I am quite sure SSL, Moneyhelp and the mods etc will point us in the right direction.

We need to keep together on GMAC. I will keep you posted on whatever I pick up.

How long is your morgage for.

Is it fixed rate.

When did you take it out?

What action have they started?

My "consulatant" was a cocky fellow. They make huge salaries. I can still see his grin. That motivates me!!

thanks kenny

did start my own thread buffy vs gmac

just dont want to up set them while i have got my mortgage with them

took it out in 2003 for 25 yrs

not a fixed rate

they have got a court order for 5 years but we havnt seen it

we put down 75% on the house so they would make alot of money from taking the house off us

Buffy xxx

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

on the subject of gmac have a friend who had a mortgage until recently with them but she had letter from a company called mortgage express saying that gmac had sold her mortgage to them

Interesting. I will keep this in mind.

Mortgage Express do an awful lot of advertising targetted at a particluar type of customer base/ market.

Thanks Tilly

GMAC are (or used to be) part of General Motors Inc. A lot of these big 'introducers' like Mortgage Express are actually owned by lenders (e.g. Purple Loans, iGroup = GE Capital, The Mortgage Lender = was owned by GMAC but not sure if it still is, etc. etc.).

Funny, I had my mortgage with GMAC (I'm a bit of a remortgage tart!) for a while a few years ago and they were always very friendly and helpful.

I think that at the end of the day, it's the people you are dealing 'on the day' with that gives you the pos/neg impression. What we're fighting against here are the corporate policies and strategies being drawn up by the fat cats!

Write to your MP and

Very intersting link, which I thought I would share.

It highlights the utter confusion within the banking movement, assisted by an inept legal profession.

They should really just back down now!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/102603-dumb-mistake-barclays.html:o

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Great find Kenny - that has given me inspiration afresh, just when I was flagging a bit... :D

Write to your MP and

Busy bee!

SAR issued for 8 listed accounts to BOS Chester (loans and preference account) all cleared and closed (BOS will receive the MacBoy and Dusary letter plus letter to information Commissioner, given Dusarys success)

SAR issued to Barclaycard Visa (on behalf of my wife) cleared & closed account

LBA issued to Endeavour Personal Finance (Bracknell) for £4,500

Feel a lot better.

These will be updated in respective threads.

:)

Great stuff Kenny - me too.. I've been hard at work and will update in my thread shortly. It's time to fight them on the beaches. Dig For Victory! :D

Write to your MP and

And I've now got my Road Tax (4 days late).

And my TV Licence (35 days late).

Isn't it nice when you get to catch up with all these things you're supposed to do, but the Work Monster robs you of the time in which to do them?

Write to your MP and

Wasn't the Work Monster!

It was the BIGBANK MONSTER!!!