kennythecelt 1 v halifax and BOS 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HiYa kenny, nice to see you back from your hols, hope you are feeling ready for action, & noticed all the changes on here, most of us have got more green snotty bits, won our cases, & I've decided to stay on to help out where I can.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The whole thread's worth a read too guys... ;)

Keep well

Mac :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Keep well

Great! Even less sleep for me tonight :p

deedee

• Haha 2

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Great stuff Money :D

• Haha 1
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Keep well

Hi Guys, hope all well.

You are right and it offers possibilities.

Several issues where they can fall down, if the issues are raised.

1 Non compliance in providing banking history

2 Treating everyone differently- lack of consistency in approach and response to requests for payment

3 Forcing court route when they will pay- wasting court resources etc

4 Stages of offers- refusal, then % increases

5 Wasting ombudsman time- every case successful

etc etc

Feel free to add to list.

• Haha 1

I have been having some success with statements for various accounts, now got 6 sets from HBOS, still got plenty to go.

Managed to get through to

Pippa Johnson

DSAR- full formals

Customer Relations

01422 336555

Quite helpful, in fact, more so than anyone else at HBOS. She seems to understand the systems- banking records and how to source information. (I think Dusary might have come into contact with her, will check.)

Might be useful contact for you MacBoy and perhaps others.

Thank you for the click

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the click. You've cheered me up a bit.

• Haha 2

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to destiny of souls for his work and that of others, esp MacBoy in producing a template letter which everyone is encouraged to send to MPs etc re the OFT case.

The link is here on first page

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/108220-fsa-review-waiver.html

The more letters sent, the more that awareness of the unjustness of bank charges will be raised in the run up to the court case.

Thanks boys, you've deffo cheered me up a lot now.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're more than welcome ja-de... kennythefader has gone to bed now.. ;):p

Write to your MP and

Before I forget, My email has been sent to John Battle MP for Leeds West.

I'm also sending one to my MEP. 'cos after the day I've had, I intend to get them B****rds back for causing me so much grief.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great idea ja-de...actually you've got me thinking now...someone should be logging the names of these MPs we're writing to.. perhaps we should consider a thread where we ask people to declare who they've written to? Maybe you or kenny could start that? ;)

Write to your MP and

Great idea ja-de...actually you've got me thinking now...someone should be logging the names of these MPs we're writing to.. perhaps we should consider a thread where we ask people to declare who they've written to? Maybe you or kenny could start that? ;)

Bonne idée mon ami! :D

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

4 lots of statements received in the post and a letter, which I will post after this.

2 lots of statements, exact same run, for same account. However, I already have 3 copies of statements for that account, so 5 in total and counting. Interestingly, these statements only go back to December 2000. Earlier, they gave me statements going back to 1998 on the account. They are:

concealing information

being daft

mad

quite poor at adminisitration and don't know what records they have (haha)

absolutely bxxxxxx awful

not playing the game

on something

statements (part) for a closed account, already got (waste of time)

Statements for a capital bank loan, part of HBOS. Glad to get these- £345 plus interest.

They never learn and due to the fact they have not merged their systems/ procedures and cut back on staff, they are all over the place.

Find the weak spot.

Think David and Goliath, Think Independence Day!!!

Oh Kenny, you know I've been there too - it's so frustrating dealing with these people. And while it is extremely tempting to fall into a slanging session because it makes us feel better, we know in our hearts that they are not so stupid.

We know in our hearts that these are carefully thought out tactics to obfuscate, confuse and discourage. But don't lose heart, 'cos we're onto 'em!

I know I've done it so many times, posted about how idiotic these people are - but the scales have fallen from my eyes now.

These temporary teams that have been brought together to handle charging complaints are deliberately managed just well enough to give the impression that they are attempting to fulfil their bosses' obligations under the Data Protection Act; yet just badly enough so you never get what you ask for.

We'll get them in the end, though pal ;)

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Enquired to BoS re hardship case criteria during OFT case as it applies to a lot of people on here.

I asked for their definition of what would be considered a hardship case. The reply was not unexpected.

Whilst the staff member vaguely remembered being briefed on it, she claimed not to have had a circular or handout that she could quote from. She said that anyone claiming hardship would need to go to court to prove this to allow the bank to process a claim for refund of charges.

Only posting what I was told. I will pursue this. I suggest that anyone who thinks they should be dealt with as a hardship case phones and writes to their bank requesting to be considered as a hardship case.

Received update letter from bos re OFT case. Enclosed a form for me to sign re the goodwill payment they made.

Will try to scan the letter tomorrow so that everyone can read it. We may need a new thread on this. The letter seems similar to that received by others.

Interestingly, the 2nd large para says that.......................................

"for customers for whom Scotland is the most likely jurisdiction, your right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Scheme (sic) will not be affected. The FOS provides a convenient alternative to the courts and is free"

Now..................is this true????

Why??? Difference between Scotland and England.

Comments please.