kennythecelt 1 v halifax and BOS 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Drinks all round, if you are correct (and you usually are!)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the number I have been using, headed by a certain Nick Tuthill, who is a Customer Relations Manager.

01977 627 457

0845 128 1385 (fax)

Just noticed that the address on offer letter head is from our chums at:

BoS

Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

The folk I have been speaking to are definitely not from Dunfermline though and likely to be based elsewhere. Never got around to asking them.

I get the impression that there are lots of different teams there each headed by their own manager dealing with their own cases. That number was always answered by someone in "my team" if that makes sense.

However, they are terrible at dealing with statement requests. Look at my case. My S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) has ended up being treated as a claim. Money but no statements!!!

Thanks for that phone number!

Money - but no statements? How can anyone check, then, that the offer is correct?

I wouldn't trust them an inch - unless you can prove me wrong!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I am not going to trust them. How can I?

I have told them verbally that I cant accept as don't have statements on all accounts. Got them for 1 account only and thats for 5 years not 6. There is no 8% on any. I know that if I got statements back to 91/92 the figure is more than twice whats on offer, at least, then the interest.

This has all come about from the original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) re "full banking history". I took time off and bombarded them with calls. Wanted statements and they offer money- over £9,000 so far on 4 accounts inc mortgage (Halifax)

They have only sent the list of charges which is attached for each account, (but not mortgage). It does not include the smaller interest charges etc, just the biggies. They say in writing it is full refund.

In no rush to accept. Have given them nothing in writing.

Considering FOS now as got claim form some weeks ago.

Thoughts guys, bit of pickle but suggestions appreciated.

Interesting question... i wonder if you could either get them to make some kind of written legally binding declaration, or get the figure audited by a third party, or the FOS? (just thinking aloud).

Maybe there's something quick and cheap (and re-claimable?) you could get drafted by a local solicitor?

I think ultimately you should hold out for verifiability, Kenny. And that may entail fighting for your statements.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Kenny - have you been along the ICO route?

I can't remember!

DOH!

Kenny

On the subject of the default - if it's any help, I had a one issued against me by British Gas a couple of years ago (for £26 would you believe!!?) arising from a misunderstanding about o/s payments when i changed supplier.

Ultimately I used a combination of Energywatch and BG's Public Relations dept. to get it removed. So maybe a 'soft' approach via the regulator/ombudsman might pay dividends?

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Had an eventful, not sure it was entirely productive, but it was certainly interesting and confirmed that my lack of faith in the banks is much overstated!!

Re BoS. You know I have been pursuing statements. Huge bundle arrived, complete set of statements, but its for the account I already have. I got 1 page each for 2 other accounts.

Tragedy turns to farce! How can I best put it. Anyway, phoned up the nice people at Endeavour Personal Finance who are part of HSBC group as statements I had asked for arrived today- all of them and no charge, within 3 days.

As this is Halifax/ BoS I have started a new thread on HBOS, using kennytheceltvendeavour personal finance thread name.

Go on amuse yourselves and have a read. They are getting it tomorrow and Dusary I would like to borrow that AK47 you must have stashed away somewhere. I will return it in good condition!!!!! Only kidding!

If you also need to borrow MacBoy's Bank Charges RPG launcher (ex-Taliban, VGC, 12 months MOT), or my famous AHATAL (Anti-HowArd Toy Arrow Launcher- see avatar), you're more than welcome. Have at 'em and best of luck! :D

Write to your MP and

Thanks MacBoy. A friend indeed.

Funny how things go though. I will phone endeavour tomorrow. One entry was listed as settlement penalty interest, then settlement interest- financial institutions- who now has any trust or confidence in them. A necessary evil??? The plague was once classed like that!!

Had an eventful, not sure it was entirely productive, but it was certainly interesting and confirmed that my lack of faith in the banks is much overstated!!

Re BoS. You know I have been pursuing statements. Huge bundle arrived, complete set of statements, but its for the account I already have. I got 1 page each for 2 other accounts.

Tragedy turns to farce! How can I best put it.

I know EXACTLY how you must have felt. Already been there and got that T-shirt. Just think, Kenny, about ALL those good folks who are trying to come to grips with the banks ( evilgrin0031.gif probably around their thick necks! evilgrin0031.gif )

ALL BY THEMSELVES!

At least we have each other and can buoy each other up as well as gain support and ideas!

(I see BigMac has been knocking on my door! That's encouraging as well. SSLady peeps through my letter-box as well!)

Dusary I would like to borrow that AK47 you must have stashed away somewhere. I will return it in good condition!!!!! Only kidding!

You can't borrow that!

But I'll loan you this:

fighting0070.gif

It is unused. (That's the demo model above - it's got a few miles on the clock!)

I've edited my signature, BTW, to make the history more clear.

• Haha 1

YEAH! Go, Kenny, GO! GO! GO!

I once lived in Glasgow as well!

How many more co-incidences can there be?

Maybe I'll change me avatar and see whether you recognise THAT one as well!

Chin up Kenny there's always our banter on here to keep you going :D

Write to your MP and

Kenny's OK, I guess!

Wait til I start on SHABBEY!

And, that will be after the un/discovered HBOSplc accounts!

Won't the Information Commiossioner's Office like THIS?

Nite Guys!

Must eat - AND I've got the lighthouse lampwicks to trim!

And then, I must whet the serial killer's sword!

See "yous" folks in the morning.

PS:

Grudgingly, yes!

MacBoy's accent WAS good!

Yes I know he is - I'm really dying to see what comes into my postbox after the letter today - maybe I'll just get the same as I've already had - I wouldn't put it past those Brain Donors :rolleyes::lol:

Write to your MP and

G'night :D

Write to your MP and

You can get up early tomorrow

As if he won't anyway?!! :D It must be all those Northern Lights and the Midnight Sun :lol:

Write to your MP and

Firmed up my approach, (I think and open to suggestions)

1 Adopt Dusary letter to info commissioner

2 Decline all 4 100% offers, shortly, given 14 days to pay money into account. Make rejecttion letter open to accepting cash as interim settlement and as a gesture of goodwill.

3. Hand the lot over to FOS.

I only just noticed that - Better be careful Dusary you may leave one too many clues ;)

Write to your MP and