kennythecelt 1 v halifax and BOS 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically sounds like a decent strategy Kenny - although:

- Why offer concessions (unless you really need to?)

- And think about saving FOS in case you encounter further difficulty (leave a few bullets in your belt) ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

By the way.... I have an idea for Dusary's next Avatar change.... ::::drum roll:::

dusary_50pc.gif

:D:D:D Whaddya think?

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Don't say that - it makes me sound like one of those Adult Harry Potter fans! :lol:

Write to your MP and

(Written as file note to me for later and everyone)

I phoned bank 24 hr service tonight at 8.15. (It should be recorded- deliberately so.)

Perfectly polite and reasonable, rational

Interesting thing was that normally when I have phoned the central number you end up with a long series of options. Tonight, straight after entering sort code and account no, I was put through and then gave security code. (conspiracy theorists will understand!)

Without me saying zilche, they checked the system and said there was a note on system to pay monies into my current account. Said that I was not in a position to accept it as they had not provided full banking history to 91/92, and I was not convinced the settlement was 100% of each charge and they had not given me 8% interest. Pay it in if you want to, but my action continues, (AND INACTION MAKES ME THE MORE DETERMINED- GALVANISES ME.)

I went onto discuss the lack of willingness to supply statements and full banking history. I stated that I had spoken to a team leader in processing section who said she would process all banking history back to 91/92. This was to include all mortgages, current accounts, loans, PPI's, credit agreements etc. Where were they? What action had they taken re 2 SARS for full banking history and numerous phone calls. Why were they not complying with Data Protection Act.

Said the information commissioner would now be consulted- (same route as Dusary who has had success with that.)

I was put on hold for several minutes and consultation obviously took place. "Someone from Customer Relations will phone you within 2 days. we can understand your position"

Well

Glory Be!!!!

We shall see. At least there was none of the guff about no post 6 year statements and the lady at least seemed interested. Not that she has any leverage, but if she sends the appropriate e mails with the claim reference numbers given, perhaps, perhaps:cool:

It's that chink of light we were talking about Kenny ;)

Write to your MP and

Hmmph!..... I'll get me cloak :D:p

Write to your MP and

And guess what?

Nothing, apart from my own few pennies!!

Is it my "old age" memory failing. I seem to remember that the statements used to include pending transactions. Perhaps not!

Lets see what the rest of the day brings.

This is one phone call from the Banks which I am eagerly awaiting.

Reminds me of Ali (a real hero of mine) and Smokin Joe. Look at the punishement Ali took and then WHAM! What a thrilla!!

Might be an idea to try again later - Thinking about a recent remortgage, I've noticed credits don't always hit until close of play.

Write to your MP and

(Written as file note to me for later and everyone)

My toes are crossed!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

By the way.... I have an idea for Dusary's next Avatar change.... ::::drum roll:::

dusary_50pc.gif

:D:D:D Whaddya think?

That's NOT funny!

And, BTW, I did read it - I guess that the weblog is much the same!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Oh you love it really I'm sure :D

And, BTW, I did read it - I guess that the weblog is much the same!

Yes, depending on the technology used and providing you know the picture's filepath it should work...otherwise send me any pics you want to use and I'll host them for you.

Write to your MP and

Was phoning BoS

Customer Care Team on 08457 25 35 19 (Belfast) Joyce Thomson.

Awaiting call back from S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Team on 01422 391 152 re my full banking history. Joyce will call back regardless, I am assured.

Confirmation- DEFINITE £10 charge for full banking history. I was asked to confirm my date of payment so please, no excuses, everyone ensure they do this, PAY £10 BY CHEQUE.

Told them that the money now credited to my account was up to them and it was incidental to the course I was pursuing.

Still the implication that they only require to give info for 6 years, but you can guess what I told them.

Still no posty, roll on 4pm.

Keep going Kenny... I have a feeling you're almost there.

(PS - is it just me or has email notification stopped working this morning?)

PPS - love the lighthouse :D

Write to your MP and

Got yours earlier and I have sent you one. Not sure if working since. Will send a test.

Belfast Joyce called me back.

It will now be Monday before they phone me back. I suspect no one at whatever decision making level is at work today, and the rest of them don't want to get involved and they are leaving it for someone higher up to work on.

They know the exact details of how much money is involved.

Thjat why I remain a "Valued Customer" as all offer letters state.;)

Yup - back working now - I think my mailserver must've having a temporary fit!

Write to your MP and

'What They Say' (what they mean)

Valued Customer*

(*not for long)

Write to your MP and

Yup...

sounds like parachute time :D

Write to your MP and