Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 22/04/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 27/04/2023 

3 Date received 4/05/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl carpark Worthing 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Appeals Department, Parkingeye Ltd, POBox 117, Blyth, NE24 9EJ 

My husband received a Parking Charge Notice in the post today which asks for £90 or a discounted £45 should this be paid within 14 days.

Before reaching for the credit card I thought I would come here and ask for your advice as I received advice on old debts in the past for which I am immensely grateful. 

Should we pay it ?

Even though my husband just did a shop in Lidl which he could easily prove with a receipt. 
Many thanks

Bb

2023-04-27 PCN for event 22-4-23.pdf

The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which governs the regulations for private car parks. Under Schedule 4 S9 [2][e]  

(e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—

(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges; or

(ii)if the keeper was not the driver of the vehicle, to notify the creditor of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and to pass the notice on to the driver

As virtually nothing of the above appears on the PCN it means that the keeper is not liable to pay the debt-only the driver can be pursued.

As they do not know who was driving they will have their work cut out should they go to court since the Court does not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person.

Thank you for your reply, lookingforinfo. I see.

So that’s a technicality loophole, as it were ?

Do we then just ignore it and risk getting a Court action letter even though it might not be enforceable ?

Would it not be wiser to appeal it by providing proof of shopping in Lidl without specifying who the driver was.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks again 

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing

do not appeal to pe.

no harm in writing to lidl  mind with purchase proof.

i suggest you read a few pcn lidl threads here 1st mind.....

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you all for spotting the identifying data on that document and for removing it. 

I will take your advice and write an email to Lidl’s CEO  with proof of shopping for that day. At this stage should we avoid making any comments about driver/keeper etc - just stick to main facts. 

thanks 

Yes, vague is good.

something along the lines of... "during a family shopping trip the car was left in the carpark"

You'll need to mention the Reg Number or PCN number so they can pass it on to the fleecers and allow them to locate it among their hundreds of other Lidl "mug hunting" tickets.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Haha. Good idea. Thanks so much for the suggestions 

Well, it seems that Lidl’s CEO has grown tired of all the messages from customers as I tried to send the message 4 times with different subject and each time it gets rejected 😤 

That came back with

Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.

Reading other accounts around this  subject- it looks like a lot of people get a polite no from the CEO’s assistant asking them to address the message straight to Parkeye . Should I do that ? 

On the sticky thread you copied and pasted questions and answers from about this PCN, it specifically says if you haven't appealed, don't. Unless you want to make this more difficult for yourself...

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Points taken.

E-mail sent again with correct Lidl spelling came back with the same undeliverable message as for the CEO 

[ Office 365 Your message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.

When Office 365 tried to send your message, the receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error. Office 365

Sender

ryan.mcdonell

Action Required

Policy violation or system

error

How to Fix It

Check the "Reported Error" from the "Error Details" section shown below for more information about the problem. The error might tell you what went wrong and how to fix it. For example, if the error states that the message was blocked due to a potential virus or because the message was too large, try sending the message again without attachments.

If you're not able to fix the problem, it's likely that only the recipient's email admin can fix it. Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin about the problem. Give them the "Reported Error" from the "Error Details" section below.

Was this helpful? Send feedback to Microsoft.

More Info for Email Admins

Status code: 550 5.0.350

The error reported by the receiving server wasn't specific enough to determine the exact nature of the problem. These errors often indicate the message violates a security or policy setting configured on the recipient's email servers.

If the sender is unable to fix the problem by modifying their message, then it's likely

Here’s the not so helpful reply received from Lidl customer service ☹️

Thanks for getting in touch.

I was sorry to learn that you received a parking charge. I appreciate this must be frustrating for you.

In order to ensure our customers are able to park without waiting for a space we have Car Park Management in place with time restrictions on length of stay.

You can appeal the parking charge you have received. This appeal would need to be placed in writing by yourself. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any decisions made.

Details of the appeals procedure can be found on the reverse of the Parking Charge Notice you received. When raising your appeal please include the following information:

- Parking Charge Notice Number
- Vehicle Registration Number

To further support your appeal please attach / enclose any of the applicable following documents:

- Lidl store receipt or proof of shopping with us
- Disabled badge holder evidence
- Further documentation which may support your case

The Car Park Management Company will then conduct your appeal and communicate the outcome to you directly in writing.

We hope that your appeal is brought to a speedy conclusion.

Thank you for contacting us.

We’d love to hear your thoughts about the service you've received today. To take part in our survey please click here and help shape your experience as a customer.
Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Farrah Khan
Customer Service

Lidl used to be superb at getting tickets cancelled.

Then suddenly a couple of years ago they changed policy completely and are now useless.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Only one hour free parking for doing the shopping is ludicrous.  It would be a good idea to check with the council how much free parking was fixed when the shop got planning permission - I bet it wasn't one hour.

I'm looking at the reviews on Google, and someone has recently written "has had to restrict parking time to 1 hour due to abuse by visitors to the town centre".  OK.  So it's common sense that when someone can show they are a genuine customer and not a visitor Lidl should cancel the damn charge!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lidl/@50.8150374,-0.3719701,17z/data=!3m1!5s0x4875a29d3b7a5a13:0x376b70c44fdfdcff!4m8!3m7!1s0x4875a29d3c482e3d:0x30b877e76044cdb6!8m2!3d50.815034!4d-0.3693952!9m1!1b1!16s%2Fg%2F12hllldrq?authuser=0

The management seem to take reviews seriously and reply when there is a problem, so i suggest you leave a review.

• Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am not quite sure how it is possible to know that visitors to the town centre are abusing the parking  though I am sure that many more will be genuine Lidl shoppers..

I have noticed that when I go shopping at a local Lidl they have a scanner system where you register your till receipt and enter ones car vrm  I don't get a PCN even though I am over the time limit. Does help that I spend a fair bit of money there perhaps.

If you spent a fair amount there or are a regular shopper there and pay by card Lidl should be able to check that so might be worth going back to their Customer disservice and stating that you are unhappy with Lidl since PE is one of the most litigious rogues and will rarely cancel tickets .

On another note perhaps you could try writing again to Mr McDonell without including the receipt. Just telling him how much you spent and say you have kept the receipt as proof and you are a regular customer with Lidl but it hardly seems worth shopping there if you are constantly getting PCNs for £100.

There are many other supermarkets that you can go to. But do it nicely and politely. You catch more flies with molasses than vinegar as the saying goes.

I would try that before going to the review page . If it still doesn't work then really blast them in the review section.