Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you both for your very good input.

Before your replies, I had already gone back to customer service invoking quite a few of the points you both made: loyal customers, proof of many shopping trips, the fact that had I known this would be the result I would take my custom elsewhere. 

Here is their response much the same as the last one - different assistant name. 

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for getting in touch.

I appreciate this is an upsetting matter and I am sorry that you were unhappy with our previous

response.

We are unable to make an appeal on your behalf. This is because all appeals need to be placed in

writing directly by the appellant. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any

decisions made by the car park management company.

A reminder that details of the appeals procedure can be found on the reverse of the Parking Charge

Notice you received.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

For and on behalf of Lid Great Britain Limited

Yvonne Ward

Customer Service

For more information on how we process your personal data visit www.lidl.co.uk/privacynotice.

The thing is that they wouldn't be "appealing" on your behalf.

There is likely to be a clause in their contract with the fleecers, allowing them to cancel a pcn.

The minions you're dealing with probably have no idea about the contract, or they simply just couldn't care less.

Just swatting you away like a fly, hoping you don't come back.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I have gone back with yet another reply -making some of your points in regards to PE being a lost cause to appeal against. 

Maybe if I reply to every single one of their polite refusal I can break them down somehow. We’ll see

So do I!

The problem is that someone in senior management has decided at some point that the policy is not to cancel tickets, so the staff have been given a script to read from.

Also, I wouldn't blast them in the review.  There are often replies to critical reviews saying they will do their best to put things right.  I'd write a polite review criticising the parking policy and see what happens.  Has to be worth a try.

If you get nowhere you can always edit the review and blast then later!

Even critical reviews are complimentary about the staff.  If the place is near to you, go back and ask to speak to the manager.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well, here we are: the latest response in the NoCAnDo series from Lidl customer dis-service. This time I’ve been graced with a response from a Management Team member 

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for your recent email. I am writing to you as a member of the Customer Service Management Team. 

I appreciate this is a very upsetting matter and I am so sorry that you were unhappy with our previous responses.

I would firstly like to apologise for any misinformation provided by staff in store, this has been sent to our Regional Management to be addressed internally. I must reiterate we are unfortunately unable to make an appeal on your behalf. This is because all appeals need to be placed in writing directly by the appellant. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any decisions made by the car park management company. 

We would always advise any customer to appeal a charge that is received. I can assure you our parking restrictions are not there to penalise genuine loyal customers like yourself and including an image of your receipt along with your appeal will assist in having your charge from Parking Eye overturned. 

In closing I hope this charge is brought to a speedy conclusion and the above assures you of our best intentions at all times. 

Thank you again for contacting us. 

Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Kim Richmond
Customer Service
For more information on how we process your personal data visit www.lidl.co.uk/privacynotice.
For more information visit our website www.lidl.co.uk

Drip...

Wonder how far this will "escalate".

You're not asking them to appeal, you're demanding that they cancel it.

He's writing as "customer services"...right!

You are THEIR customer. You parked in THEIR car park to shop in THEIR store.

Any parking contract is with THEM.

If they say otherwise, next ask for a copy of their contract with the fleecers derogating responsibility?

Edited by Nicky Boy
  • Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I can assure you our parking restrictions are not there to penalise genuine loyal customers like yourself

Really?!!

• Haha 1
  • I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So in the next series of Relentlessly yours e-mails I shall re-iterate the point of customer service, the reluctance of an appeal to P-eye due to their notorious unscrupulous greed etc, details of their contract with the fleecers and perhaps ask for the working e-Mail address of the CEO. 

maybe If I’m lucky I will progress to the next stepping block and get a response from a Senior Management member🤔🫣🤯

Another e-mail fired up. 

In the meantime, I have also been into the store itself and spoke to the manager who told me very politely that even though historically they were able to cancel these charges, recently they have been disallowed to do so.  
He appeared genuine when he also told me that Lidl’s own staff have incurred these after forgetting to register their new cars as per P-eye rules. They themselves have had to appeal via the same and only route available at the present. He expressed his own dissatisfaction with the process and Management decision to block any help via Lidl staff- who deal with these accounts all the time. 😫😩🤯

So, they could historically cancel the pcn's and are now prevented from doing so on a local basis.

This indicates that the pcn's CAN still be cancelled by Lidl. I doubt that their contract with the fleecers has changed.

It's just their own stupid internal policy.

So, if your complaint goes high enough, hopefully, they'll eventually do the right thing.

And then the forum will have the contact details for future victims to go straight to the organ grinder.

• I agree 1

They’ve been disallowed to intervene into the process AND to divulge telephone numbers & e-mails of CEO and other senior management bods -hence the reason why those e-mails I sent first came back undeliverable. They obviously have a specific way to recognise those sent out by daring paupers . 

No, they'll have changed the email addresses.

Evidently, they haven't clicked on to the way to stop having to deal with numerous pcn complaints is simply to get rid of the fleecers,  or change the terms of their contract and force them to allow appeals with proof of purchase...

Edited by Nicky Boy
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

They could well be having a bombardment of emails due to others being invoiced by the egregious parking eye  one hour way too short for a full weekly or monthly shop.

As an aside local to me Aldi, different firm same family, has closed for refurbishment, they put some plant machinery in early and vans, Contractor told me they have loads of bother with PE over overstays when doing work on various sites even when vans are whitelisted as authorised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Latest e-mail from Lidl Customer Diservice - which they have declared to be the last too since  the case is apparently now closed 😩🤯

Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for your most recent contact.

As per our previous email we are unable to cancel a parking charge on your behalf. As we do not have access to any Parking Eye records this must be taken up with them directly. 

In regards to contacting our CEO, all contact must be made to the below address. Unfortunately at Customer Services we do not have a phone number or email to provide.

CEO RYAN McDONNELL
Lidl House
14 Kingston Road
Surbiton
KT5 9NU

Please note any correspondence sent to the CEO is dealt with by our customer service management team.

We are now unable to advise further on this issue and consider this case closed at Customer Services. 

Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Kim Richmond
Customer ServiceFor more information on how we process your personal data visit www.lidl.co.uk/privacynotice.
For more information visit our website www.lidl.co.uk

I think the branch manager was telling the truth, and unfortunately the poor people working in customer services can't serve the customer because their boss has told them not to.

It won't be any consolation whatsoever to you but your insistence will help others here in the future in clearing up Lidl's obstinate change of policy.

Have a look on the local council portal whether planning permission was given for this reduction to one hour (clue - it won't have been) and if the original planning permission for the supermarket was for one hour's free parking (clue - it won't have been).

You’re right. I am now pretty convinced that Lidl’s management has adopted a blank no- can do response and they will not be forthcoming with an alternative. 

I have no problem persevering with this line of enquiry as long as I have some hope of success. Sadly, after reading countless of recent accounts involving Lidl and PEye it doesn’t look very promising.

More and more I read about people appealing to Parkingeye directly with enough evidence and pertinent reasons which ended in PCN cancellations. I know you are not advocating this but if these appeals are carefully worded without revealing the identity of the driver- what is there to lose ? 
I have no intention of paying them a penny. 

I forgot to mention that managed to make an E-mail stick to Lidl’s CEO yesterday/ no reply received just yet. 

Going back to your suggestion, FTMDave, if  I do manage to find info around the original planning permission to the contrary of the current practice, who would I present that to ? Lidl? Or did you mean as future defence?
Oh, and the free parking  time is 90 minutes. We spent 20 min on top of that -  

thanks

26 minutes ago, Bon-ee-bon said:

Oh, and the free parking  time is 90 minutes. We spent 20 min on top of that

Interesting.

If you look at the second page of the fleecers' invoice it says you exceeded the parking time of "I hour 0 minute".

I'm knackered now - will post more tomorrow.

ive sorted the pdf in post 1 for you.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no point in appealing to PE  You did overstay and so have no grounds of appeal.  That's ignoring for a moment the fact that they are utter charlatans who never accept justified appeals either - ever.

I mentioned the matter of planning permission just as ammo for further down the line if they were stupid enough to do court.

• Like 1

Out of interest,  I know it's been suggested before,  but is there any mileage in threatening to add Lidl as a 3rd party to any legal action?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm currently on holiday and had a few drinks...😁

• Haha 1

So having the shopping receipt corresponding to the exact time on the PCN would not be a good ground for appeal? I know they are not reasonable and are only interested to make money but that is what was used by Others who have been successful in their direct approach to PEye Is it not worth a shot if I can be certain not to divulge  the identity of the driver ? 

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here 

As far as I can see you haven't read any other threads here about Parking Eye, unless you've done it while not signed in.

We know that appealing hardly ever works. I know telling them you have a silver bullet is a logical thing to do but best you get yourself into letter tennis and waste a lot of time or at worst you let slip something that helps PE.

HB

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Oh, no- believe me I have, if anything I have exhausted myself by reading not only what is available here but on other platforms such as Moneysavingexpert etc since the 1st day that stupid PCN landed on our doorstep. 

I would never enter into a back and fro with them  - I was only wondering about the one off appeal that’s all

you never appeal, and you have to understand other sites are out to give advice that is somewhat false and leads to people being contacted off thread by PM saying i can help for anything from £80-£400

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...