Parallel Parking Ltd/Gladstones Solicitors PCN claimform - ignored everything - now default judgement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm asking a question on behalf of a friend who parked at the rear of her property.

She has only just made me aware that she has received the Judgement for Claimant and has explained that she was ignoring it because she didn't think it was genuine.

The car park is adjacent to her property and she'd parked for around 5 minutes to load some vegetation into the back of her vehicle to take to the tip, leaving the vehicle to go back into the house to get her children.  The bush had been blown over onto the car park, so both she and her father were removing it. 

I'm just querying how to advise her.

She is a disabled single mom with 2 kids so if you can help I would be grateful.

The questions are:

1) Is the Civil National Business Centre genuine?

2) If this is genuine, should she pay £282.11?

Thanks

PD

Yes it genuine

I will leave the car park vetrans to comment on whether you should pay it or not

Edited by jk2054

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

It is highly, highly likely it is genuine.

Just so we can be 100% sure, can you upload the court order?

If it is as we fear, there is no way out of it, from the court's point of view she had a chance to defend and chose not to.  Case over.

Her unpalatable choices are 99.9% likely to be -

1.  Don't pay.  In eight years here I've never seen a  private parking company enforce judgement for a single ticket.  But defying the court will lead to a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

2.  Pay the £282.

Thinking about it she may be too late to do (2) ... she has 30 days from judgement ... so please upload the order here urgently.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Parallel Parking Ltd/Gladstones Solicitors -default judgement.
  • dx100uk changed the title to Parallel Parking Ltd/Gladstones Solicitors PCN claimform - ignored everything - now default judgement.

what date is the judgement, thats all we need to know.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx is spot on.  We need to know the date of judgement, not when the claim was issued.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Issued 13th but judgement already? 

May be me but it seems a bit off as CNBC take a few weeks to process judgement by default.

May the OP mean judgement was that date?

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I only have the Judgement for Claimant (in default) dated 16th November.

I only have one other document entitled 'claim form' referring to the incurring of a parking charge on 24th May 2023 dated 13th October 2023.

As I previously said she's ignored it until today when she asked for my opinion.

thank you

the bottomline here is as @FTMDave outlines.

if she pays the full amount to the claimant by 16th december her credit file will not be marked .

if she doesn't then things like any new credit she might want for 6yrs will be out the window.

it cant hurt her existing credit or accounts etc nor ins etc.

so if shes not bothered about more credit or as i expect didnt even know she has a credit file ...then it can't hurt her if not paid

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

16 November, OK.  So the following is 99.99% certain (it would still be good to see the actual Judgement for Claimant to fill in the extra 0.01%) -

48 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

1.  Don't pay.  In eight years here I've never seen a fleecing private parking company enforce judgement for a single ticket.  But defying the court will lead to a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

2.  Pay the £282 by 16 December.

Hi again,

I've spoken to the young woman concerned and she says that she hasn't received any other documents apart from the claim form, response pack and judgement for claimant (default).

She is convinced that the Civil National Business Centre isn't anything to do with the County Court and that she's read a lot on the internet about companies engaged to 'police' private car parks who are just debt collectors, hence ignoring the documents.

The claim form does have the correct details for her vehicle which she admits was parked for around 5 minutes in a parking space by the back gate to her house.

The vehicle was then driven away to the refuse tip by her father.

Yes, I'm afraid it is legit.

23 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Her unpalatable choices are -

1.  Don't pay.  In eight years here I've never seen a fleecing private parking company enforce judgement for a single ticket.  But defying the court will lead to a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

2.  Pay the £282 by 16 December.

hang on 5 mins guys... hehe 5 mins. you say she only stopped for 5 mins? before the bloke in the bushes comes out and slaps a pcn on her windscreen?

is there no grace period here?

@PDTS

in both uploads of the claimform you've blanked the particulars of claim.

please put them back but obscure any reg number or pcn number they put.

just wondering guys......

and they

Yes, carpark but I'm not sure if it has ANPR. Her back gate opens out directly onto it. Apparently you can purchase a parking permit for a lot of money, which evidently she doesn't have. 

How on earth did that post as PDawn? I joined the forum years ago and lost the log in but it has posted as my old user PDawn. Sorry, no idea how that happened! 

Edited by PDawn

which username would you like?

dx

and they

we need the location from the claimform too ,

is this the official carpark for this residential estate she lives in and she is obv a tenant too?

in many residential parking issues, the tenancy agreement comes with parking inc, the fact she might need a permit is immaterial, it's called supremacy of contract.

how if she lives there, where she normally parks in the same place? why has she thus not received other speculative invoices to date?

the story has holes that need filling in. like location of her flat and location for this PCN

there might be a way to get this crushed.

thread title updated

and they

the carpark location is named as ST JOHNS, WV15 6AG. 

She rents from a housing trust, her home is in a terrace with on-street parking so she doesn't use the car park at the rear of the property.

This was a once only time for a few minutes so her father could load the vegetation that he'd cleared from her rear gate and the car park.

She had her blue badge in the vehicle too and she wasn't  even driving it.

She has ME and needs help with various tasks, hence her father helping.

Is that enough information? 

is this rear carpark mentioned in her tenancy, in terms of there is a space allocated toward the property she is renting. regardless to if she takes this up or not.

i will guess she is not the only one that has a backgate so to speak into it? what do the other residents done? park on street or use the park.

i am just rying to understand if there is a relationship between tenancy agreements and this 'carpark'

and they