Smart ANPR PCN - Ibis & Holiday Inn Manchester Airport ***Cancelled by Hotel***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I would be sincerely grateful for your advice again having been hit with another Private PCN (this time isib and holiday inn Manchester airport).

1 Date of the infringement 17/08/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 18/09/2023

3 Date received I forgot to note today 27/09/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not sure, but I don't think so

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes (2 photos in NTK)

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Ibis & Holiday Inn Manchester Airport

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

I cannot find any reference to an appeals body, just POPLA if SMART Parking reject an appeal.

……....

Additional info:

- I parked at the location did not leave the car as I’m a private hire worker, yes my fault should not have stayed there and parked like this but I did not leave the car etc.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this at all.

Many thanks

Doc1.pdf

Two immediate pieces of good news.

Their invoice has been sent out far too late to establish keeper liability.

We have never, ever seen Smart Parking have the gonads to do court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN - Ibis & Holiday Inn Manchester Airport

On the PCN the idiots haven't even said what they reckon you did wrong.  Maybe it's on the back?  Please upload it just to be sure.

This will go nowhere as Smart Parking don't do court.  However, as you were working, I was thinking you could contact the landowner and ask them to call their dogs off.  The problem is that there are two hotels, so it's likely the car park doesn't belong to either.

I've looked at Google Maps and both hotels make a big thing of personally replying to every review, so customer satisfaction is a big thing for them.

The person who replies for Holiday Inn is called Kei Chan.  How about calling the hotel, ask to speak to this person, explain you got a PCN while working, and do the hotel have the power to get it cancelled.  If it's a "yes", good, if it's a "no" ask for the landowner's details.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holiday+Inn+Manchester+Airport,+an+IHG+Hotel/@53.3660779,-2.2814038,17z/data=!4m13!1m2!2m1!1sholiday+inn+manchestre+airport!3m9!1s0x487a535aff0fbc3b:0xefe0e9b40d5ff98e!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d53.3668065!4d-2.2766491!15sCh5ob2xpZGF5IGlubiBtYW5jaGVzdHJlIGFpcnBvcnQiA4gBAZIBBWhvdGVs4AEA!16s%2Fg%2F11pl0kzgx1?entry=ttu

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As suspected, the reason is there, they reckon you were supposed to pay to park but didn't.

• 1 month later...
On 27/09/2023 at 21:57, FTMDave said:

On the PCN the idiots haven't even said what they reckon you did wrong.  Maybe it's on the back?  Please upload it just to be sure.

This will go nowhere as Smart Parking don't do court.  However, as you were working, I was thinking you could contact the landowner and ask them to call their dogs off.  The problem is that there are two hotels, so it's likely the car park doesn't belong to either.

I've looked at Google Maps and both hotels make a big thing of personally replying to every review, so customer satisfaction is a big thing for them.

The person who replies for Holiday Inn is called Kei Chan.  How about calling the hotel, ask to speak to this person, explain you got a PCN while working, and do the hotel have the power to get it cancelled.  If it's a "yes", good, if it's a "no" ask for the landowner's details.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holiday+Inn+Manchester+Airport,+an+IHG+Hotel/@53.3660779,-2.2814038,17z/data=!4m13!1m2!2m1!1sholiday+inn+manchestre+airport!3m9!1s0x487a535aff0fbc3b:0xefe0e9b40d5ff98e!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d53.3668065!4d-2.2766491!15sCh5ob2xpZGF5IGlubiBtYW5jaGVzdHJlIGFpcnBvcnQiA4gBAZIBBWhvdGVs4AEA!16s%2Fg%2F11pl0kzgx1?entry=ttu

Just to let you know that I contacted the hotel directly and the charge has been cancelled, thank you to everyone,

• FTMDave changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN - Ibis & Holiday Inn Manchester Airport ***Cancelled by Hotel***