VCS Spy Car CCTV PCN - no stopping - Liverpool JLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Im looking for a bit of advice on what to do with a charge of £170 that has resulted from stopping in the 'No stopping zone' around Liverpool airport.

I wasn't actually stopped on the road but reversed into the gates of a carpark that was off the road and waited for around 30 seconds before carrying on. I doubt the fact that I wasn't stopped in the road actually makes a difference but am wondering what my best approach is here,.

I moved house right after the alleged incident took place and had forgotten to update my registered keeper address of my car with the DVLA  all of the letters I have received have been going to my old address and were dropped off yesterday by my old neighbour.

So far I have received:

Charge Notice / Notice to keeper

Charge Notice / Final Reminder

Demand for Payment

Final Demand - All from VCS Ltd.

Payment request letter from Debt recovery Plus

Alleged incident date - 16/10/2022

Last correspondence from Debt Recover Plus - 06/03/2023

As mentioned all of these letters had been going to an old address I haven't responded or acknowledged any of them.

I will call the DVLA tomorrow to get my address updated at which point I expect Debt Recovery Plus to start chasing me via post at my new address.

Im considering just ignoring them entirely as id be none the wiser had my old neighbour not delivered the post but wanted to check what the best approach would be.

I have attached the latest letter from Debt Recovery Plus and the Final Demand for more detail.

I would be hugely appreciative of and advice and apologies if I have missed something important.

Thanks,

fine.pdf

where did you ever get the idea from that this is a fine??

and a dca is not a bailiff and has zero legal powers on any debt

no matter what type it is .

can you get this done please

you do not ever appeal

and there is no good ringing the dvla

you have to use the cars v5c and also dont forget to update your driving licence separately too.

dx

and scan up both sides of every letter in/out to one mass pdf please.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Spy Car CCTV PCN - no stopping - Liverpool JLA

Fine may have been a poor choice of words, I should have gone with attempted extortion...

Hopefully these and the pdf cover everything.

1 Date of the infringement 16/10/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 01/12/2022

Pages 8 / 9 of PDF. Issued date way later than 14 days of offence.

3 Date received Can not say, delivered to previous address

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, attached

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Liverpool John Lennon Airport

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

No, just gives the IAS details if unsuccessful with initial appeal

letters_compressed.pdf

The airport is covered by Byelaws which means that the land is not regulated under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. So only the driver is liable for the debt. Normally after 28 days the alleged can be transferred to the keeper but because PoFA is not involved, the keeper cannot be held liable and they do not have to respond within 14 days.

For some reason VCS appears to think that No Stopping is capable of forming a contract with motorists. It cannot as No Stopping is a prohibitive term. Nevertheless VCS are still raking it in because some motorists do not want to risk Court rather than argue their case. On top of that the most that VCS can charge in law is £100 so demanding £170  is sheer greed. 

First thing to do is confirm your new address with VCS and Debt Recovery Minus 1. VCS will not be happy as they would probably think that they might get a CCJ out of you as they are using the wrong contact with you. Oh dear. Never mind. They will be even unhappier once they see you have a strong defence for their crap case. 

Totally ignore D.Recovery they have no power at all. They are just there to scare you. But are totally toothless. Something akin to being savaged by a dead sheep to coin a phrase.

Do not use email as the last thing you want is to be bombarded by the rubbish that VCS  and DR would send. Just use second class stamps stamps for both of them and get proof of posting. Do not use registered mail or signed for mail. It's a shame the Post office doesn't have third class mail since that is about the highest level VCS could ever attain. Second class is too good for them.

How ridiculous.  The photos show your car "stopped", i.e. turning around, for all of 13 seconds.

They are out of time to create keeper liability, as you say - not to mention that it is not relevant land under POFA, as LFI says .

However, you can always trust Simple Simon to pursue a hopeless case all the way.  What happened with the open door?  You can be damn sure VCS will pick up on it and use it as an excuse to hassle you.

LFI is right.  You need to change your address with the charlatans, otherwise you risk a backdoor CCJ.  Something like --

Dear Simple Simon,

Re. PCN no. XXXXX

would you please kindly note that I am no longer live at XXXXX.  My new address is XXXXX.

Yours,

XXXXX

Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

NTK is out of time

last page of PDF has your details showing.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok new version of pdf added but doesn't look like i can delete the old one..

Il send two of those letters out today, thanks for the template.

DX - does the fact that the NTK is out of time mean anything in the long run?

FTMDave - yep the door was open, id actually just gotten off a flight and had picked my car up from the carpark I had left it on. A friend was a little slower getting through security so I stupidly thought I could spin the car round and pick him up from outside the airport. Then got all flustered when I noticed all the no stopping signs. Ended up reversing into that opening whilst my friend got in the car which is why the door is open on the photo.

letters_compressed.pdf

The most they can have from the Keeper is £100,  that's if they can make A case, with an airport no stopping a prohibition cannot form a contract, nor in reality should VCS have any jurisdiction where Bye laws apply.and follow what DX FTMDave and LFI tell you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 27/03/2023 at 08:39, breadman said:

does the fact that the NTK is out of time mean anything in the long run?

Yes, they cannot use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to transfer liability from the driver to the keeper - and they don't know who the driver was.

That means it would be very difficult for them to sue you, and if they did sue you you would be highly likely to win.

However, be aware that VCS are by far the most litigious of the PPCs and use court claims as a means of intimidation, hoping the motorist will wet themselves and give in.

Read some other VCS threads here and you'll get the picture.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just had a response from Debt Recovery Plus after informing them of my change of address (attached).

Pretty generic letter similar to the one iv had from them before.

Haven't heard back from  VCS LTD yet.

What should be my next course of action? Im guessing I just ignore Debt Recovery Plus as previously suggested by @lookinforinfo??

DR_Response_04:23.pdf

yours is not the next move until/unless you ever get a letter of claim and a reply pack wanting I&E etc etc.

till then ignore everything.

is might help you cause if you go read a good few like threads in this forum reading vcs liverpool JLA airport.

them you'll know the score

dx

and they

Just to check - it was VCS you informed of the change of address, right?

You will probably get several further letters from DR minus each one probably saying Final Notice. A switched off hoover has more power than DR so never acknowledge them in any way. Nor worry about them as they can do absolutely nothing to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Another letter through from DRP over the weekend.

Another variation of the 'Pay Now' letter they have sent a few times.

There was also another 'Case Analysis' letter in there with it (havent seen this one when iv read other threads on this forum), same crap though really saying I owe them money...

Still no LBC/LBA or court claim form though.

a DCA can't send a letter of claim.

and whatever a terminal notice is ..is beyond me...

and they

They're just messing about with wording to make letters appear more like "court action" is imminent.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service