UKPC/DCBLegal windscreen PCN Claimform - ignored everything - not parked within lines - Crown Point Shopping Park, junction Street, leeds, ls10 1et

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Maybe too late...

My daughter has just received a claim form from the county court centre in Northampton about a PCN from back in Feb 2019. All correspondence had been unfortunately ignored up to this point.

The claim form is dated 20/02/23

It was at Crown point shopping centre in Leeds, a free car park where she parked over the line in one of the mother and child bays.

The company claiming is UKPC and DCBL are handling the claim.

Is there anything we can do at this stage?
I notice the PCN is still payable at the rate without interest and charges on the UKPC website.
We haven't found the original PCN yet.
If anyone can point me to the right place or give a little advice that would be great.
Claim form attached.

Many Thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC/DCBLegal PCN Claimform - ignore everything to date - Crown Point Shopping Park, junction Street, leeds, ls10 1et

please complete this:

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does she have any of the previous correspondence or did it go in the bin?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

p.s .no its not too late!

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Exactly fill in the sticky and give the details, they usually mess up somewhere on the way to a claim.

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Which Court have you received the claim from ?

MCOL Northampton N1 

Name of the Claimant : UK Parking Control Limited

Claimants Solicitors:  DCB Legal

Date of issue – 20th Feb 2023

Date for AOS - 10th March 2023 

Date to submit Defence - 24th March 2023

What is the claim for 

1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the claimant (c) for a parking charge(s)

issued to the vehicle xxxxxxx at crown point shopping park, junction street, leeds, ls10 1et

2. The PCN details are xxxxxxxxx

3. The PCN was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the terms on Cs signs (the contract) thus incurring the PCN(s).

4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or Keeper. Despite requests. the PCN(s) is outstanding. The contract entitles C to damages.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS - 

1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the county courts act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment.

3. Costs and fees.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed  - £217.00

court fees  - £35.00

legal rep fees - £50.00

Total Amount  - £302.00

Brassnecked - 

We have several letters - Titled as follows... Notice of debt recovery, Final notice of debt recovery, Final reminder, Notice of intended legal action x2, Letter of claim.

Still looking for any others.

Claimform.pdf

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

find all the previous paperwork particularly the original PCN and the NTK.

scan every letter both sides to one mass multipage pdf (we only need pge 1 of the letter of claim)

and they

So there is more than one PCN?  one thing they have put on the claim is they are trying to do either/or with Driver or Keeper, can't do that has to be one or the other  if no appeal outing the driver, there is wriggle room there, the experts will be along soon.

no only one. 

and they

I remember you and your previous thrashing of Smart Parking.

dx is right, it's never too late to fight back.

I see the fleecers have managed to make the £100 charge morph into £217 after adding Unicorn Food Tax and four years' interest.  Judges don't like this sort of behaviour.  Even if, by some horror, she were to lose the case, these extras would probably be disallowed by the judge.

But we're here to help you & her win the case!

The original PCN is what we really need to see.  Often the fleecers are too arrogant/lazy/stupid to send it out in the time frame needed to create keeper liability.  If it's been chucked out then you can SAR the charlatans.  But it would be good to find it now.

• I agree 1

Royalblue,

Just to clarify, was your daughter actually parked in a Parent / Child space, rather than next to a Parent / Child space?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Might be worth that SAR after all  it is 4 years since the alleged Parking Incident as FTMDave says.

• I agree 1

Unfortunately after searching we do not have the original PCN or NTK so a SAR request will be sent.

Nicky Boy -  She was parked over the line in a Parent and Child space. We have the picture taken at the time by the parking company. There is a car to her left and right, one of which was also over the line taking up part of the space she parked in. I can upload this as a pdf along with the letters requested by dx100uk. 

So, she parked over the line because the car in the next bay was encroaching into her space, meaning she had to do likewise to open the doors to get her children out of the car safely...

For goodness sake, it's a Parent / Child space for that very reason!

They'd be idiots to take that one to court.

I'd bet the only reason they've taken it this far is because of no reply from the victim, they think it's an easy back door CCJ!

Guys... Considering the above, might it be worth a snotty letter at this late stage?

• I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

No its already a claim so in the legal system, although maybe a you are really hoping to win on this one after waiting 4 years, letter, see what the other's think.  They likely al;so invoiced the other car that was over the lines  keeper as well.

Please upload that picture

15 minutes ago, Nicky Boy said:

So, she parked over the line because the car in the next bay was encroaching into her space, meaning she had to do likewise to open the doors to get her children out of the car safely...

And the creep who took the photos has a legal duty to mitigate the loss, not allow a row of cars to build up all out of their allotted bays.

18 minutes ago, Nicky Boy said:

I'd bet the only reason they've taken it this far is because of no reply from the victim, they think it's an easy back door CCJ!

Yes, she needs to learn from this for the future.  Always ignore the fleecers' kangaroo court appeals procedure - but never ignore a Letter of Claim.

So get the CPR request off as dx said to DCBL

And send a SAR to UKPC.

Get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

Bet they issued invoice to other car#s keeper as well

• I agree 1

The photo shows clearly that it was UKPC's negligence that led to the "offence".

• I agree 1

Standard defence on MCOL then and dissect them later with WS

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC/DCBLegal vanishing windscreen PCN Claimform - ignore everything to date - not parked within lines - Crown Point Shopping Park, junction Street, leeds, ls10 1et

so vanishing windscreen ticket.

typical UKPC, they'll lose as i bet they sent the NTK within 29 days.

need the Notice to Keeper if you can find it please.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

because they should affix a speculative invoice to your windscreen, as its a warden going around taking pictures ,

prob not knowing ukpc it'll be a local bod even a shop worker given a backhander to dob people in.

hence why no windscreen ticket, as they don't have any and cannot issue one.

type vanishing pcn in our enhanced google search box 

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

where is it?

dx

and they