MET ANPR PCN - McDonald's, Denham, Uxbridge - alleged overstay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 20th December 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 27th December 2023 
3 Date received 4th January 2024

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No
5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes
6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No
Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A
7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] 206 McDonald's Denham, Uxbridge, UB9 4DA
For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

Good afternoon, 

Happy New Year!

Got this wonder through the post this afternoon and came straight here. 

I think i have done this right. I would really appreciate your help here. 

Yours

Squire Hat

PCN 20-12-2023.pdf

Thanks for filling in the sticky so quickly - we wish everyone who comes here would do that!

We're all glass half full types here but (a) we know from experience that McDonald's refuse to get involved and to cancel these invoices, (b) MET have sent their rubbish out sort-of within POFA times and (c) a half-hour overstay will be difficult to explain away.

Did you have a good reason for staying so long in the restaurant?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

I didn’t see the sign and was waiting for someone. They were delayed and as such I over stayed. So not really. 

I ended up being a customer twice there in that time so there is that saving grace. But can imagine this would be tough if McDonald’s don’t get involved. 

Experience has taught the forum this.

The private parking companies never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever.  And MET are the worst of the worst.

We encourage people to get on to the organ grinder who called the PPC in.  Some companies (Asda) are excellent.  Others (McDonald's) are dreadful.  If you do a search here you'll see scores of McDonald's car park cases where McDonald's refused to get involved.  In fact IIRC they have only ever intervened in the 18 years the forum has been here on one occasion - a person who had a diabetic crisis and if they had not "overstayed" they would have committed manslaughter by killing someone on the roads.

So you can pay MET £60 and the matter goes away.

Or you can stick two fingers up to them.  We would prefer the latter and would support you all the way.

If they are daft enough to do court it could argued that that it is an unfair term to have an absolute 90-minute parking limit when someone is placing multiple orders as you were.

But your call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

two visits to mc'd's

that would mean there are two entries in your bank statement?

i would be very surprised if the local franchise manger didnt get involved here?

if so...pers i'd print that out and go in and have a chat with the manager.

we know we they have a corp e-dit to never get involved, but in this case it might be worth a try.....

it would be interesting to see whats said.?

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...