MET PCN Starbucks closed - Southgate Park, Stansted CM24 1PY

Hi I visited the scam MET parking site at Stansted Airport services (The one with Starbucks and McDs) and my car has received a parking charge notice for "remaining on site for 24 minutes, being longer than the period of parking that had been paid for or without authorisation". I went into the McDs drive through just after midnight and parked in the carpark next to Starbucks but next to McDs.

The car park had poor lighting and it looked like it was all one car park like any normal services. It states I now need to pay £100. 

I have seen that people might be able to help fight it on here? 

Many thanks

Hi Honeybee, 

Thanks for responding. Am I responding in correct place? Sorry I am new. 

1 Date of the infringement 30 December 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 04 January 2024

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received Unsure 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes ANPR Camera driving in & out

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted CM24 1PY

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Independent Appeals Service POPLA  - BPA Logo is on NTK

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

……

PCN .pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN Starbucks & Mcdonalds

Just a quick question.  Can you remember whether Starbucks was open when you were there?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN Starbucks closed - Southgate Park, Stansted CM24 1PY

pcn says 00: so closed after midnight

very much like^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi FTM Dave,

Starbucks was closed but I thought it was one car park and I saw 1 hour free parking.

The car park was nearly full so they must issue 100's of tickets a night. 

Thanks dx.

Qball7 - thanks for giving us all the information so quickly and well done on reading up.

You refer to the site as a scam site and you're right, it's been shown to be a scam site in the national press and on a national TV programme.  Logically appealing to MET who set up the scam site would achieve absolutely nothing.

However, you may have seen while reading up that there have been a whole series of successes by motorists who wrote to the CEO of Starbucks  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-82463&c=Starbucks UK-General Manager

So do the same, emphasise that you were a genuine customer, but found Starbucks closed, and then left within a very short time without abusing the car park facilities.  And you want them to call MET off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks FTM Dave. 

I will do that. How have they not been shutdown and why would anyone want them running their car parks. 

I will let you know how I get on. 

• Like 1

Hi Qball,

They haven't been "shut down" because what they are doing is not illegal. It may well be unlawful and that's different..

14 hours ago, Qball7 said:

why would anyone want them running their car parks

There's the rub.

Invariably, landowners get kickbacks from all the money collected, so they have a financial incentive to ignore dodgy stuff.

As far as I know, we haven't yet discovered who the landowner is for this site yet. There is a suspicion that the airport are the landowners, you'll see users on other threads are currently trying to find that out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would update you on my response to date.

Starbucks responded straight away and said they had contacted Euro Garages to have it cancelled and I should receive a response in 3 working days.

I did not receive any response and I received a final reminder from MET Parking this week.

I chased Euro Garages who said they will contact MET Parking to have it cancelled, although it seems it is up to MET Parking if they cancel.

I do not hold out much hope then but will depend how much sway the tenants of the site have.

Thanks.

Can you please post exactly what first Starbucks then Euro Garages wrote?

There may be something positive in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Responses as follows: 

Message from Starbucks on Jan 28

Dear ______, 

Thank you for your reply and confirming your details. 

I have now passed those over to Euro Garages so that they can respond to you directly. 

Please allow 3 working days for this to take place. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance.

message from Eurogarages on 14 Feb

Hi ________,

Thank you for bringing to my attention the parking charge you received during your visit to Stansted Starbucks.

I want to assure you that I've taken immediate action on your behalf. I've reached out to MET Parking to request the cancellation of the charge. However, it's important to note that decisions regarding parking charges are entirely at the discretion of MET Parking. Euro Garages, as the entity renting the land where our store is located, does not benefit from these charges.

I understand the frustration and inconvenience this may cause, and I appreciate your patience as we await a response from MET Parking. Please be aware that the process may take some time, as I am utilizing the same platform as others for these requests.

Rest assured, I am committed to supporting you in resolving this matter, and I will be in contact as soon as we receive a response from MET Parking.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Many thanks,

I have received no reply from Eurogarages and today received debt recovery letter asking for £170. 

What are my options? 

18 minutes ago, Qball7 said:

today received debt recovery letter asking for £170

From who ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

33 minutes ago, Qball7 said:

I have received no reply from Eurogarages and today received debt recovery letter asking for £170. 

What are my options? 

you ignore silly powerless DCA's they are not bailiffs on any debt.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 hours ago, Qball7 said:

However, it's important to note that decisions regarding parking charges are entirely at the discretion of MET Parking. Euro Garages, as the entity renting the land where our store is located, does not benefit from these charges.

They may not benefit but they are the organ grinder and can - and on several occasions have - called MET off.

They're obviously not willing to do this any more.

7 hours ago, Qball7 said:

What are my options?

Either give in.

Or ignore these letters and refuse to hand over money you don't owe for parking at a scam site.

You can easily do a search and see how many times MET have done court for this site - the answer is, not many.

12 hours ago, Qball7 said:

I've reached out to MET Parking to request the cancellation of the charge.

and they