ECP ANPR PCN - Overstay - Sainsbury's Loughborough

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want advice whether I should pay this straight away and be done with it or do I have any chance of appeal if I show my Sainsburys Shopping Receipt for £88.70, the time of the shop is just before I was charged.

My daughter who is a student at Loughborough wanted me to do a big shop for her before our shop she took me to a coffee shop near by.  We overstayed as we met up with a bunch of her friends.

Please advise.

ECP PCN + Sainbury receipt.pdf

The PCN complies with PoFA .

An appeal to Sainsbury may well work in view of the bill and if having a coffee shop in the premises , then two hours is not long enough.

If they want people to shop with them, especially at Christmas time then to agree to Europarks time constraints will cost them not just your business in future but many other of their customers too. 

There are many supermarkets that do not use these parking vultures to "monitor" [ie rip off ]motorists.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Sorry dx100uk I don't know how to change the Title to Parking Notice (not fine).

Thank you FTMDave for removing the PCN number.

The coffee shop was not part of Sainsburys but was very close.

So my best bet is appeal to Sainsbury's?

do the PCN sticky and i'll update it for you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As you're thinking of paying, and as the discount period runs out in a week, I think you need to get on to Sainsbury's today.

Don't faff around with the branch or area manager - e-mail the CEO.

Point out that you were a genuine customer and the reason you "overstayed" was because you were doing a mega shop.  You have the receipt as proof.  Demand they call the fleecers off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I received a response from Simon Roberts office - see below:

Dear M.... .........

Thank you for your email which has been received into the Executive Office, I have been asked to look into your complaint and respond on behalf of Sainsbury's. 

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration in regards to the parking charge notice you have received, I apologise that as this is issued by a third party, and not by Sainsbury’s directly, I am unable to offer any assistance in regards to this matter. 

Should you wish to dispute the notice you have received may I kindly refer you to the company that have issued the parking charge notice in order to do so. 

Whilst I appreciate this may not be the response you were expecting, and would like to apologise for any disappointment, I trust this makes our position clear. 

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below. 

Yours sincerely 

Lucy Winlow | Executive Office 

J Sainsbury plc | 33 Holborn | London EC1N 2HT 

[email protected]  | 0207 6958900 | Pronoun: She/Her 

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP ANPR PCN - Overstay - Sainsbury's Loughborough

Complete tripe.  It is Sainsbury's who employ the fleecers.  Sainsbury's are certainly "able" to sort the matter out.  They are the organ grinder.

Experience has shown that some supermarkets are helpful.  Others refuse to budge.  But often the policy is to fob off the customer after the first mail and only help those who are insistent.  So you need to write back, point out that they are the organ grinder and to say that they are "unable" to help is nonsense.  You are refusing to pay and when court papers arrive you will add Sainsbury's as a third party.  All this unpleasantness could be avoided if Sainsbury's simply accepted their responsibilities towards genuine customers, and called their dogs off.

Might get you nowhere.  But nothing ventured ...

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for your advise - much appreciated.  I have returned her email:  see below

Dear Ms Winlow

Thank you for your email.  Actually I do require further assistance.

It is disappointing to hear that you are unwilling to intervene in this matter.  After all Sainsbury’s contract Euro Parks to manage their parking.

We find your response unacceptable, especially as a loyal customer of over 40 years and having spent £88.70 shopping at Sainsburys at the very same time you were charging me for parking.

I regret that we will have no option but refuse to pay and when court papers arrive we will add Sainsbury’s as a third party.

In this emerging world, what would it really cost Sainsburys to accept responsibility toward genuine customers and actually do something to help, rather than take the easy option and just fob off another customer with a polite “no can do” letter?

For your information, I am being advised by a on line Consumer Group and our communication is being uploaded for other consumers to read.

Have a happy Christmas.

Edited by Zimbird

Superb work.  Send that off immediately.  If you're lucky this person will still be in the office and you'll get it sorted one way or the other today.

Why would you even consider paying? That car park is for multiple shops and I bet a pound to a penny was council run before Sainsbury took over and infested it with a PPC.

That means the signage (which is pants looking at Google Earth), is insufficient and they cannot enforce terms which were not part of the original council car park terms.

Email Sainsbury's back, get on their Twitter feed and Facebook pages and let them have it, in the meantime wait to see if you get a letter before action and ignore everything else but keep it.

Dear Ms xxxx,  

Thank you for your recent email.  

Please accept my apologies that you are unhappy with my response.  

As advised as this ticket was issues via a third party, Euro car park, it is them that you would need to contact regarding this matter.  

I am sorry if my response is not as anticipated.  

Yours sincerely  

Lucy Winlow | Executive Office  

J Sainsbury plc | 33 Holborn | London EC1N 2HT  

Should I appeal to Euro car park?

Well it was worth a try.

One last question - as you're in Zimbabwe, which address are these letters arriving at?

Can you please answer the above question?

Given your recent victory on another thread it may be possible to use the same strategy.

Sorry my computer seems to be blocked from your site so i am now using my phone. 
The address is my registered address in Bristol and my kind flat mate has been opening and forwarding any mail.

As Sainsburys are not able to involve themselves  should i appeal -  sadly i have just realised i read the parking charge notice wrongly and thought i had until 12 January to pay £40 but now i see it is 12th january to pay the £70.

What advice would u give? should i appeal to Euro Car Parks and show them my shopping receipt.? and then hopefully when they refuse my appeal they will give me another chance of paying £40? 

ECP would reject any appeal.  The PPCs always do. 

Your recent victory on another thread was really due to you living in Zimbabwe.  The PPC realised there was no point in suing someone in Zimbabwe.

However, the problem is that, five minutes after getting the invoice, you can't just say "Oi, I live in Zimbabwe" because it will look like a lie (even though it isn't).

That's why I asked about who was getting the mail.  If the person has no problem in continuing for a little while to open ECP's silly letters, then the best thing to do is to wait for a Letter of Claim and then reply about you being in Zimbabwe.  Again, if that is OK of course with the person receiving the letters.

Looks like a good plan FTM dave

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well I have appealed to ECP and given them a Zimbabwe email address and told them I have rented my flat in Bristol for 2 years.  I have also attached my Sainsbury receipt for £88 and told them Sainsbury's suggested I get in contact with them to cancel it.

So I await their response.

So what were your grounds of appeal, given you admit you stayed longer than permitted?

Did you tell them who was driving?