ParkingEye ANPR PCN Claimform - Town Quay 2, Southampton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All you need is a free certificate of posting from any post office branch.

Another to-the-point-classic by EB though!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you say PE sent the PAP LBC or was it a solicitor?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send it first class and get a free certificate of posting from the PO counter. Don't send it recorded or when postie turns up at their office and says "one to sign for", they will suck air through their teeth and say "noooo, we'll pass on that one, just return it". Then a couple of weeks later the letter comes back to you, complete with proof that it was never delivered. There is no bar too low for them.

Edit: Sorry for duplicating what others have said (missed page 2 - not awake yet!)

Edited by Mrs O'Frog
Senior moment
  • Like 1

I would send somehting in line with the suggested short answer, send that.

It is factual and not rude

but I wouldnt change it just to make it polite or say please anywhere.

Believe me, you wont ever get a lawyers letter that is polite

thanks ericsbrother, dx100uk, and to all that helped...

I have written a draft letter/response to the LBC - however i am not going to post up here (in case PE are reading these forums)

happy to send via PM, if you dont mind taking a look and offering helpful criticism/comments?

Best to do EB's letter verbatim so that there is no thought by the crooks that you might  be weakening so they feel an extra push 

might get you to cough up. Don't worry if you feel it is a bit rude-they are used to it and that version is EB's polite one.

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

No post as text here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

Don't papraphrase it, EB's letters are written like that for a reason.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 4 weeks later...

Update: so after I sent my response (a slightly more detailed version of EB's letter) well before the Easter Hol, after some radio silence I finally got a response a couple days back from PE.

a (politely worded) letter this time, thanking me for my correspondence in relation to the parking charge, and saying it has been forwarded onto their privacy team.

Happy to post the full letter up here, but just seems like a standard template/acknowledgement of response letter, so the waiting game continues...

BR

look on the bright side, they have to spend more time and effort on this and they still wont make any money out of it.

you say you sent a more technical letter, that may be good if you got your facts absolutely right and didnt say anything that makes it a dead end argument should it be used as evidence later. that is why we try and get peopel to say the absolute minimum, it doesnt show the limits of your knowledge and cant be used to limit what you say later.

as for not posting up here in case they read it- we would rather they did read it here and then realise that you arent going to be mugged and save everyone's time and money than you play secret squirrels as the only peopel who dont know are us as you have sent the letter to the protagonists already havent you?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the radio silence - life has been a bit crazy recently, also in the middle of job searching and other family stuff.

In the link below you'll find the letter (response to LBC) I sent to them (wholly thanks to EB of course), as well as the various responses received.

I found their generic GDPR response letter amusing (a standard template), they didn't even bother to customise anything.

Finally, im going to point out (to you guys) that I never submitted an appeal to POPLA, they are talking trash!

my_snottyletter+appeal_+_PE_reply.pdf

they dont have the intention to consider things properly because if they did they would lose most of their income as they know they dont have the authority to demand moneis from people at this site.

They may well write to you again telling you that they have decided they are right and you owe the money but as they are nice you can pay them the discounted rate of £100 rather than some unlawful made up amount they would hope to ask for

they know that POPLA's remit is so limited they will get a decision in their favour there which they belive will make you say " Oh all right them I will pay up". they knwo it is too late and if the boot was on the other foot they would be qwuick to tell you that you have lost your right to appeal.

Basically it is another attempt to pull the wool over your eyes.

• 1 month later...

After a long period of radio silence, PE have recently sent another letter (titled 'Letter Before County Court Claim')!

Reads almost exactly the same as the previous demand letter, however interestingly this time there is no mention of POFA.

Happy to post up the letter if need be, but as said above it's just the usual gibberish!~

Yes that is deffo one to respond to, gather all your evidence, the team will advise further

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, you need to respond, I would keep it brief for the moment and suggets the following:

1.There is no cause for action  as there is no contract between us.  The land is covered by its own byeleaws that are supreme to anything you wish to claim is an offer so there can be no performance to the contract by yourselves.

2. As the land is not relevant land for the purposes of the POFA there can be no keeper liability and  that means you had no reasonable cause to obtain my keeper details so any civil claim will be met by a counterclaim for at least £250 for your breach of the GDPR.

I would have thought that Capita group could find someone to explain this to you before you decided to waste yet another tree on your threats but I trust you actually bother to ask before setting out on a misadventure that will result  in a far bigger loss than you could ever hope to gain by pursuing this and that this is the last I shall ever hear from you..

• 1 month later...

hi eb, mrs frog, dx100uk and all,

county court claim received in the post today, from the CC Business center in northampton. 

rachel ledson is the claimants representative, costs are 175 GBP all up (25 court fee, 50 legal representative cost, 100 the parking fine), i thought legal costs couldnt be claimed through small claims...?

i intend to fully defend this claim if it does go to court...