MET ANPR PCN - (346) Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've just received the Met Parking Services Parking Charge NtK from the Southgate Park, Stansted.

I've parked behind Starbucks on the infamous Southgate Park, Stansted parking and went to McDonalds for a takeaway,

having read the signs I've assumed that I don't need to pay anything as I'm McDonalds customer and have not exceeded 60mins parking time.

I'm a registered keeper of the car and they've got a picture of me getting out of the car, walking to McDonalds and back with my takeaways. 

My 14 days of reduce payment finishes soon, so I would appreciate if you could advise what should I do

- ignore it?

pay it?

appeal it?

inform them that I wasn't a driver?

1 Date of the infringement 1st Sep 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 5th Oct 2023 (34 days after the infringement)

3 Date received 15th Oct 2023 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Does not appear to

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

7 Who is the Parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

Welcome to CAG Barcelona.

Well done on filling out the sticky, very pro active. (Just need the NTK upload now).

Don't appeal and await a letter of claim, if it ever arrives, then come back here for more advice. 

In the meantime, use the search bar at the top of the page to find other threads on this location. (We know it well).

Also expect loads of " scary" letters, trying to get money out of you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Nicky Boy, thanks for the prompt reply. Could I proactively write to them and say I wasn't a driver at the time of infringement and ask them to stop contacting me?

If I do nothing, do you know roughly when can I expect the letter of claim to arrive in my post box?

Edited by barollo

The advice here is no contact at all.

Caggers tend to be aggressive in their actions against them..

That includes letting them waste time and resources sending stupid letters.

If they get no answer, they think they've got an easy target, who's moved house without updating the DVLA. Then issue an undefended claim.

If you're not in this for the long haul, you should just pay up to make it go away.  But, do you seriously think you've done anything wrong?

We'll help you every step along the way if you decide to fight. 

CAG have an 85% success rate helping defend court claims. IF it even happens. 

How long to a court claim? No idea, they are always changing their intimidation tactics.

As I said earlier, read up around the forum to educate yourself on the company you're dealing with.

DO NOT think you're dealing with a bona fide company. 

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

OK, let's cut to the chase.

This car park is a scam.  Simple as that.  "Manage" a car park, but secretly make it two car parks, hide that from the motorist, then send out these demands for money when the motorist goes into the "wrong" fast food chain.

It's common sense that there is no point in correspondence with the scammers, they are not going to stop scamming.  The laughable appeals procedure is designed to get the naive to out the driver and admit to going into McDonald's.  Recently, after 50+ cases here of MET bottling court, they did issue a court claim against a Cagger who had unfortunately done precisely that.  Fortunately you haven't done the same!

They have sent their rubbish out far too late to establish keeper liability.

As NickyBoy says, Ignore MET now, unless you get a Letter of Claim, then come back here.

Can we upload their invoice please?

Belt and braces, read this thread and do what this Cagger did and try to get the landowner to call their dogs off.  It worked  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/455021-met-parking-services-southgate-park-stansted-left-southgate-park-premises-cancelled-by-euro-garagesstarbucks/#comments

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to MET ANPR PCN - (346) Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

Out of time to pass liability to the Registered Keeper - game over for them.

Let them send all their rubbish, keep it, if they are stupid enough to issue a Letter Before Claim come back here for a snotty letter response.

Wouldn't last 5 minutes in court as there's no keeper liability and you have not and never will, reveal who the driver was or where they went to eat.

Edited by Homer67
typo

• 3 weeks later...

Did you do what i suggested in post 5?  We have someone today who has just got a MET invoice for this car park cancelled by getting on to the organ grinder.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread