• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

10 years with Neighbours from Hell on Benefits...damage my property, council/police never helped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I guess all you can do is inform the Local Authority and the Police.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really asking what you should do about a neighbour storing and selling STOLEN metal ..... There is a special group of people that might be able to help you, they are called the Police .... you can sometimes get hold of them by calling 101 from your phone or if it is a genuine emergency then you can use their other number 999 ..... I read the posts on here but some of them do really make me wonder...

The metal is stolen without any doubt it comes on a daily basis through a field behind the home men just dump it in the back garden. they have vdus, hoovers, bikes....the full works

How do you know it is stolen?

I would suggest you call the police but it's better if you can state definitely that you know it is stolen.

what good can they do this has gone on for close to 6 months...the poor elderly lady that lived next door is in a nursin home the shock it was her own neighbours that this did ruined her health the poor lady.

Are you really asking what you should do about a neighbour storing and selling STOLEN metal ..... There is a special group of people that might be able to help you, they are called the Police .... you can sometimes get hold of them by calling 101 from your phone or if it is a genuine emergency then you can use their other number 999 ..... I read the posts on here but some of them do really make me wonder...

But how do you know they are not going round picking up stuff in the street? Where I live there are trucks which drive around all day looking for scrap metal which people have put out at the front of their house. If you want to get rid of an old cooker, hoover, anything like that and you stick it outside your property it will disappear in a day. The Council charges £15 to remove it so you really hope one of these guys will come along.

they are picking up metal from peoples gardens without their persmission (which is theft) as well as their friends breaking into gardens and homes for metal when the houses are empty.

nobody else would do this day in and day out

But how do you know they are not going round picking up stuff in the street? Where I live there are trucks which drive around all day looking for scrap metal which people have put out at the front of their house. If you want to get rid of an old cooker, hoover, anything like that and you stick it outside your property it will disappear in a day. The Council charges £15 to remove it so you really hope one of these guys will come along.

your local councils environmental dept/agency

might also be interested

anyone dealing in the items you mention

must hold the relevant licences to store & process them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good idea!

I believe it is not legal to run this kind of buisness on his premesis. He would need a special licence, and more appropriate premesis, such as a yard on an industrial area, bought or rented, or a workshop.

The landlord is aware his tenants are removing materials from skips in the area without the owners consent is also classed as theft.

The tenants are making money selling the scrap metal which is fraud if they are signing on,

your local councils environmental dept/agency

might also be interested

anyone dealing in the items you mention

must hold the relevant licences to store & process them

dx

sometime previous

a neighbour down south had a family of 'ex' gypsies move into the other half of her semi.

from the off, it was rather a bad thing for her.

their and her front garden [rear had no road access

became a junk yard

with all manner of stuff

coming all day and night.

police etc etc did not want to know.

he had a fridge for sale by way of a 'advert card' on the local tescos wall.

I went around there , and had a good nose under the pretence of wanting it.

we spotted container after container of red diesel

and even joked we were rather short to get home ourselves....could they help if we brought the fridge.

round the rear was a new metal shed...10 by 13

it was FULL of 25 gal container, I quickly counted over 70!!

as I was ofcourse constanly on my mobile I got lots of photos

next day a quick call/email of photos to the council and the local fire station

had them gone & all the rubbish within 72hrs.

they sold up and moved out within 3 weeks.

neighbours son brought the other half of the semi

and she now lives in a very big house!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Report it to the police and the local authority, and then don't worry about it.

But remember it is not your job to be responsible for other people's crimes. If other people's stuff gets stolen it is their responsibility to report it to the police, and the police's responsibility to investigate, and the police's responsibility to act but only if there is clear evidence of criminal activity. You shouldn't try to take on responsibility for any of this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

This family has brought sheer hell to the neighbourhood and needs to be take to account the metal dealing is the last straw. If I remain silent then tommorow it can be any house in the area, its needs to be nipped in the bud now.

lots and lots of men visit the NFH house she always open the door with a robe every single time, she could be selling sex perhaps and making from that as well?

Report it to the police and the local authority, and then don't worry about it.

But remember it is not your job to be responsible for other people's crimes. If other people's stuff gets stolen it is their responsibility to report it to the police, and the police's responsibility to investigate, and the police's responsibility to act but only if there is clear evidence of criminal activity. You shouldn't try to take on responsibility for any of this.

Edited by Purpleflowers 2

This family has brought sheer hell to the neighbourhood and needs to be take to account the metal dealing is the last straw. If I remain silent then tommorow it can be any house in the area, its needs to be nipped in the bud now.

lots and lots of men visit the NFH house she always open the door with a robe every single time, she could be selling sex perhaps and making from that as well?

Exactly! And the only way to nip it in the bud is to insist on speaking to a senior police officer. Do not be fobbed off.

UPDATE!!!

This is what I have found out re: NFH

The house they are tenants in was sold last month at auction to a new private landlord.

Now this is where it gets interesting...

The auction house were able to provide me with details of the legal firm that dealt with the sale of the house at the auction which the private landlord used to facilitate the sale. I have details of the new landlord and the tenancy agreement the (previous landlord made with the NFH before the house went on sale).

Before the house went on sale at auction the previous landlord who was good friends with the NFH extended the tenancy agreement by 12 months (before placing the house on auction, thus giving the NFH a full 12 months tenancy).

I have seen that tenancy agreement and there are 2 specific clauses which the NFH have broken

1. prohibits cutting down of trees. (NFH have been cutting trees in their garden which have fallen and caused damage to other properties)

2. the tenants must not cause anti social behaviour or become a nuisance to others in the area. (They are NFH everyone in the area is fed up with them. Police come in and out of the house)

I then contacted the legal firm that dealt with the sale asking if their client owned the property and if she did to inform her the NFH have broke terms of the tenancy....they legal firm told me

".......I cannot confirm whether or not I did or did not act for the owner of this property I am unable to assist you further.

Re: tenancy agreement, I cannot comment on a document I had not had sight of blah blah blah..."

So the legal firm was saying 'we did not deal with the sale....blah blah blah"

Then today

I get an email from supposedly the new landlord saying the legal firm (who denied involvment in the sale of the NFH house) has told him to contact me....re: her tenants.

So basically the legal firm told me porkies...then goes and tells their client (the new landlord)...who then sends me a email.

As you say do not speak on the telephone....have everything in writing so I will get a letter sent to him instead of emails

How can I pressure the landlord to get rid of the NFH - i'm not sure if he is or is not aware that his tenants are NFH. He bought the house happy knowing it had tenants already in place...

What steps can i take to pressure the landlord to get the NFH out

Edited by Purpleflowers 2
spelling

The legal firm did not tell you porkies at all. They are legally required to refuse to comment. Whether or not they acted for a particular client and information about the tenancy agreement is client confidential information protected by the rules of professional conduct applicable to lawyers. If they told you anything without their client's consent they could be disciplined by the regulator.

Whether the NFH are in breach of their tenancy agreement is probably not your business. It is worth telling the landlord what is going on - though to be honest he probably already knows and probably got the property at a discount for that reason. I am sure he wants the tenants out as much as you.

How do I explain to the landlord what is going on at his property without making it sound like a 100 page essay. Can you help

The legal firm did not tell you porkies at all. They are legally required to refuse to comment. Whether or not they acted for a particular client and information about the tenancy agreement is client confidential information protected by the rules of professional conduct applicable to lawyers. If they told you anything without their client's consent they could be disciplined by the regulator.

Whether the NFH are in breach of their tenancy agreement is probably not your business. It is worth telling the landlord what is going on - though to be honest he probably already knows and probably got the property at a discount for that reason. I am sure he wants the tenants out as much as you.

How do I explain to the landlord what is going on at his property without making it sound like a 100 page essay. Can you help

Sure. The secret to good writing is planning a clear structure and making sure you don't repeat yourself.

If it was me, I would keep it quite casual and polite as you need to get the landlord on your side. Something like this:

'Hi,

Thank you for the email. I'm sorry to go through the solicitors as I had no other way to contact you.

You may be aware of this already, but I just wanted to let you know about some of the very serious problems being caused by the current tenants of the property.

[concisely list the main issues. Use short paragraphs no longer than three sentences.]

I hope that you are keen as the rest of the residents to resolve this issue, given that it affects the value of all your property and ours! I can confirm that the behaviour is still ongoing. If you wish to have them evicted I confirm that I would be willing to support this and act as a witness to the anti-social behaviour that is taking place.

Kind regards

layla_83'