style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh for Gods sake

These idiots really are acting as though they do think we are just walking back into a British Empire

First thing they are sorting, well after confirming those pesky human rights will not even be getting a temporary toe through the door of Brexit Britain,

is sanctions on other countries

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-sanctions-idUKKBN1AH5FS

Hate to tell this egocentric bunch of prats

Nobody will notice

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Recent polling showed that older Brexiteers sre not bothered by consequences of Brexit. Most were quite willing to accept their children losing their jobs, if it meant that they obtained Brexit.

Brexiteer levels explained in this link.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGPItZvWAAU2-mX?format=jpg

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just watching The Mash report BBC2 now. BWEXIT has been raised as an option:madgrin: It is British World Exit meaning we leave the world and become totally independent.

i had heard that before somewhere by the by, but thought it was just a mispronounciation :madgrin:

Just watching The Mash report BBC2 now. BWEXIT has been raised as an option:madgrin: It is British World Exit meaning we leave the world and become totally independent.

Nearly right,

The rest of the world will just ignore us and get on with progressing.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

This link is well worth looking at, if you want to understand complexities involved in Brexit.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2017/07/31/watch-project-fear-to-project-reality-prof-michael-dougan-one-year-on-from-eu-referendum/

There is no chance in my opinion that Brexit will happen by April 2019.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

On a side note on the impact the exchange rate is having with rising prices on a personal level.

Regular travel form Belfast to Dublin, twice a week so save my euro in an old biscuit tin. Shocked to discover had 1800 euro so decided to cash them in. Knowing banks and Post Office screw you over went into my local Marks And Spencers foreign exchange.

Was offered 1.6 exchange rate. So in total to exchange my 1800 Euro into sterling was going to cost me. The total getting back just short of £1400

Interesting to hear May still prattling on about ending free movement being a red line, despite much of the rest of her party and most of the Labour party is saying 'we must have the EU workers including seasonal workers ...

I think few would argue that MASSIVELY reducing immigration was one of the major driving forces behind many of those voting Brexit

and I simply dont accept this was and is zenophobia at least in the majorities case - its just that people dont want those who have paid nothing into our system taking from it at everyone elses expense SO:

I have two major issues with the \UK governments stance and (lack of) action on this.

The UK government could ALWAYS have deported ANY EU citizens who had been in the UK for more than 3 months without a job

SO Why didn't they?

and even now why do they STILL not do this perfectly legal and legitimate removal of jobless immigrants if they are so 'aware' of the peoples voice?

Of course leaving the EU will do nothing for all to reduce the none EU immigrants.

So why has the UK government not already reduced the none EU migration if they are so listening to the voice of the people?

This is all aside from the simple fact that most senior politicians are saying immigration/free movement is likely to continue .

The Tory Legacy

Arch Brexit lier Gove:

EU fishing boats can still operate in UK waters after Brexit, says Gove

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/03/eu-fishing-boats-can-still-operate-in-uk-waters-after-brexit-says-gove?

"Environment secretary’s remarks to Danish industry leaders contradict his insistence that Britain ‘take back control’ after quitting EU common fisheries policy"

"In July, Gove said Britain was “taking back control” of its fisheries by departing from the EU common fisheries policy"

"also announced the UK’s withdrawal from the London fisheries convention, signed before the UK joined the EU"

Dont try to figure out which is true, Evil Wallice will just be lying as he always has and always will - to everybody.

Gove: Still waiting for that EXTRA £350 million a week for the NHS Gove you and your 'pal' Johnson promised.

So Brexit is Brexit, is Brexit but:

WITHOUT 'ending' immigration

WITHOUT protected fishing (per Gove who also says the opposite)

WITHOUT any reduced payments to the EU (just tariffs alone will cost far far more than our 'fees')

WITHOUT the Brexiters world trade deals (well, any that we would want anyway, let alone anything to match the EU trade)

WITHOUT free trade with the EU ( perhaps barely with WTO trade with the EU)

WITHOUT an extra 350 million a week to the NHS (quite the opposite)

mind you, they are working very very hard to get RID of those pesky profit reducing workers and peoples rights

To paraphrase a classic

You'll be sad,

'cause 1 out of 7 IS bad

The Tory Legacy

Ok folks

Time for a review

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460072-The-European-Union.....In-or-Out&p=4881741&viewfull=1#post4881741

(re)read some of these posts in the thread from that linked post and see how much is coming to pass - and more.

We should also review the links in the various EU referendum/Brexit threads and compare the opinions to the

Great repeal and its focus on removing rights

Already announced that the EU's human rights wont even be brought back to the UK

Just as Boris alluded in his linked pre-referendum de-spiegal interview where

"We don't need the European Union to tell us how many hours we can work, we don't need all this health and safety stuff."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1047789.html

I freely admit that my coming to the opinion that we would be better off in the EU is proving to be quite a significant understatement, and the issues I saw at that time were barely the tip of the iceberg.

(Remember I was leaning toward Brexit being positive until I started to look deeper)

The Tory Legacy

The UK voted Brexit and people protest against the democratic vote. What am I missing ?.

Democracy is never one vote and a decision is made which changes things forever. With a general election you can change the government every 4 or 5 years. Parliament can vote against a government in a vote of no confidence which can trigger an early election.

Brexit has not been implemented yet and there is time before March 2019 for another democratic vote to take place on the actual Brexit deal. If people accept the deal, the UK leaves the EU on the agreed terms for better or worse. If people reject the deal, the UK stays in the EU for better or worse.

Protest is necessary for people to voice their opinions as part of the continuing democratic process.

The UK voted Brexit and people protest against the democratic vote. What am I missing ?.

* The misinformation/disinformation and just plain lack of information on which many based their vote (on either side) means the population was certainly NOT properly informed.

* The difference between the in/out vote was tiny, inconclusive unfinished business (per Farage pre result specifications) and vastly less than the number who didnt vote for whatever reason, let alone those who might now think their vote was based on misinformation.

* The simple fact that the referendum was promised as a simple in/out, YET was sold as far from that (negotiating ploy for 'better' terms etc) even ignoring any rampant lies or 'errors' in the realities,

... and we are very clearly seeing the implementation is already nothing like that.

will that do for starters CD?

so - not only miss-sold, they aren't even implementing either the original or miss-sold versions, but something else entirely.

The Tory Legacy

OD - remember this:

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice

Anthony Hilton

Evening Standard Reporter"

and the rumors about how Gove the Deceiver got back in ...

The Tory Legacy

After reading the prior post, then perhaps consider listening to the following. Its only a little over 10 mins long, although it does seem far longer

The Tory Legacy

OD - remember this:

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice

Anthony Hilton

Evening Standard Reporter"

and the rumors about how Gove the Deceiver got back in ...

I think this is the post CD

Here's a medical research institute that's likely to be lost to another country, along with 1,000 jobs.

And then there are the banks and financial institutions talking about going to Frankfurt, Dublin, etc. My OH's company is talking about moving its head office to Paris so it can stay in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/top-uk-research-agencies-will-lose-out-in-brexit-relocation-of-eu-medicines-regulator

Illegitimi non carborundum

The Tory Legacy

Boris Johnson should be jailed over Brexit claims, says ex-David Davis aide

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/09/brexit-political-party-james-chapman-david-davis

"The most eye-catching tweet was clearly aimed at Johnson: “Let’s be honest, if we had an effective electoral law leading Brexiteers would now be in jail. #wheresmy350maweekboris.”"

# BrexitisNOTBrexit

and their Puppet master should have LOOOONG ago been banned from any involvement in any UK media.

https://www.ft.com/content/5bf423a0-937a-11e1-8ca8-00144feab49a

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/dec/19/rupert-murdoch-ive-never-asked-any-prime-minister-for-anything

https://www.ft.com/content/74408ae0-...1-119a44939bb6

# RueMurdoch

The Tory Legacy

Britain says it is ready to progress talks on what it wants in Brexit (hard brexit with all the pies)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-papers-idUKKBN1AS0ZD

while EU says they are ready to START negotiations when Britain is

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-negotiations-idUSKBN1AN13E

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/27/exclusive-eu-says-brexit-talks-could-delayed-uk-continues-stonewall/

While Rupert Murdoch's UK brexit politicians say no back door to EU just because they are making sure there is no front door for trade deals

(Handful of Tory politicians (plus Corbyn) are unanimous on this)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/13/hammond-and-fox-brexit-transition-would-not-be-way-to-remain

More independent politicians perhaps consider another vote and perhaps a new party is needed (even Vote Leave's chief is having doubts)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/14/chance-second-brexit-referendum-people-rethink

https://www.ft.com/content/530de0c6-7eae-11e7-ab01-a13271d1ee9c

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/12/david-miliband-calls-second-vote-on-brexit-deal-europe-britain

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/british-people-changed-minds-brexit-second-referendum-poll-finds-a7795591.html

The Tory Legacy

David Miliband calls for second referendum on Brexit deal to stop UK being 'driven off a cliff'

Former Foreign Secretary describes 2016 referendum that triggered Brexit as ‘unparalleled act of economic self-harm’

David Miliband has issued a call for politicians on all sides to fight back against the “worst consequences” of last year’s vote for Britain to leave the EU.

The former Labour Foreign Secretary described the outcome of the 2016 referendum as an “unparalleled act of economic self-harm”.

Writing in The Observer, he said the country should have the chance to vote on any Brexit deal in a second referendum, with a straight choice between remaining in the EU and the negotiated alternative

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/david-miliband-brexit-eu-referendum-labour-theresa-may-david-davis-boris-johnson-liam-fox-philip-a7890571.html

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think few with eyes and a mind would doubt that Johnson is a slimy self serving stain on the surface of the polluted pond of politics

or that Gove appears even worse as a treacherous backstabber who is knowingly in the pocket of Rupert Murdoch (many may not really know)

but how about David Davis?

"Brexit secretary supported banker Ian Hannam in court after accepting lucrative post at his company"

Davis criticised the Financial Services Authority in its pursuit of the City’s leading dealmaker, who was forced to leave his job with JP Morgan after being found guilty of “market abuse” and supported him in his appeal - which lost.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/12/david-davis-linked-to-city-trader-fined-for-insider-dealing

Davis listed his position at Hannams' company – for which he “anticipated remuneration of approximately £34,000 per annum” for six days work a year.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks