• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Corrections put together - delete other versions for tidyness please

So where are the Hard Brexit plans

Given:

No planes in or out without a department, staff + multiple international/worldwide agreements that dont exist outside the EU

Lorries parked in the south waiting for a deal to allow boats with cows, pigs, sheep to sail to ports

- with food for the animals helicoptered in (local flights) and sh*t helicoptered out

No GPS - except on the goodwill of the EU - until Britain puts its own satellites up - errr whenever that might be

Medicines agreements needed

WTO requires either a Ireland border or an agreement by the UK with the EU meaning its not needed

etc etc etc

Plans in place

Jaguar will fly in parts for LUXURY cars paying increased WTO tariffs (and passing on the cost - not that us mere mortals care) to avoid the sea port issues

(ooops - no they wont - see Planes AND WTO issues above)

Other plans

Move businesses to the EU as demonstrated by res-smugg

Yep - that works for him and some others.

Other Other Plans

Live in France and apply for French citizenship like Brexit Lord Lawson

or an alleged application for German citizenship - apparently denied by Farage

https://skwawkbox.org/2016/12/31/her...t-application/

Edited by Andyorch
edited

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

TJ, from what I've read, Lord Lawson has applied for a carte de sejour that lets him live in France. It isn't the same as having French nationality.

It's still an interesting thing to do given what he's said about Europe.

Edit: link added.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Brexit/Lord-Lawson-applies-for-residency-card-in-France

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

TJ, from what I've read, Lord Lawson has applied for a carte de sejour that lets him live in France. It isn't the same as having French nationality.

It's still an interesting thing to do given what he's said about Europe.

Edit: link added.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Brexit/Lord-Lawson-applies-for-residency-card-in-France

accepted HB

but as you say - still highly incongruous

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

I think some who support Brexit are looking at it as a way of making money. Either in businesses that assist with any work created by Brexit e.g. new customs arrangements, trade agreements or in making money in any economic downturn that occurs.

I have always thought that some manipulating Brexit, were doing so, for reasons other than sovereignty of the UK.

Some Brexiteers want to turn the UK into a form of tax haven, where the wealthy hide their money ( more than they do now). The EU has new legislation coming in February 2019, which would have led to more transparency being required, which might have reduced privacy of the very wealthy from hiding their money. The timing of Brexit of course is just coincidental :?:.

I think along with the environmental issues (ECJ on UK air quality) thats another nail hit squarely on the head unclebulgaria.

These people driving Brexit dont give a toss about anything except their own narrow interests and profits - whatever it costs everyone else.

The Tory Legacy

From the h'arses mouth (before its shipped off to an ex motorway lorry park):

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-5824697/Brexiteer-Odey-bets-500m-AGAINST-British-businesses.html

The Tory Legacy

Reuters Commentary: Britain’s deluded hopes for a painless free-trade deal

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-wal...-idUKKCN1BG232

"Watching the slow-motion crash of Britain’s exit negotiations with the European Union is a disconcerting experience. A state that once ran a global empire is looking second-rate as the government’s implausible expectations about what it may be able to achieve in the talks are dashed."

'The British lack of realism, especially about vital future trading arrangements with the EU (or elsewhere), reflects divisions within a government weakened after Prime Minister Theresa May lost her Conservative majority at the general election in June. But it also shows the government’s dismaying lack of historical and strategic understanding about how Britain lost its clout outside the European club more than half a century ago."

As May is just lining up for all but simple repealing and hard brexit (despite that being what will in effect happen)

- why doesn't she just stop weeing around and put that to parliament and the people, or even just parliament, or even just her own MP's ...........

See how long she would last - 24 hours? 12?

a couple of reminders from a year ago

Hope the quotes work. Had to build one manually as teh reply with quote - wouldn't.

The Tory Legacy

and another reminder from a year ago

Please do watch it through - especially from just after 7 mins for the impatient ... but you do need to watch it all to get what is being told

After reading the prior post, then perhaps consider listening to the following. Its only a little over 10 mins long, although it does seem far longer

The Tory Legacy

So from next March:

No planes in or out of UK.

No goods in or out of UK.

No wireless services (GPS etc.)

No people allowe in and all British abroad repatriated.

No medicine in (This is my favourite considering that the market is dominated by gsk, a British company with 30 billion revenue. I guess they have their political say)

We are doomed.

But then, look at the bright side: we will go back to pre industrial way of living and the environment will benefit from it.

Maybe the UK microclimate will stop changing...

Tongue in cheek, in case someone wonders.

There won't be any cake after March.

Quite correct - as the top Brexiters will have had it and ate it after taking it - aboard ...

(before the ships and planes are grounded)

Mind you - they are investing in parking fine companies ready for all those tickets on the M26 pay lorry park

- the UK's Brexit growth business of choice and sole 'actioned' Brexit plan

The Tory Legacy

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-latest-m20-m26-traffic-chris-grayling-bbc-video/

"

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling defended controversial plans to turn a major English motorway into a lorry park "

"Overnight works are already underway to convert much of the M26 near Sevenoaks in Kent into a lorry park to be used in the event of a no deal Brexit."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/plan-to-turn-m26-into-a-massive-lorry-park-after-brexit-8032065/

"An MP has said that his constituency was ‘kept in the dark’ about plans to turn the M26 into a lorry park to cope with a no-deal Brexit. Tom Tugendhat, who voted to remain in the EU but now supports Theresa May, told the House of Commons that work on the motorway Kent started on Wednesday night, even though he was assured there was no work planned."

Edited by Andyorch
Edited

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

and Corbyn and Mcdonnell continue to support May as long as she is delivering the hard Brexit Corbyn wants, even when the Tories continue to give most of the benefits of tax cuts to the richest in the country

John McDonnell has 'defended' his decision to support Philip Hammond’s tax cuts for higher earners amid a growing revolt from members of his own party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-2018-john-mcdonnell-philip-hammond-tax-cuts-treasury-resolution-foundation-labour-a8609051.html

Analysis by the Resolution Foundation published on Tuesday found that the cuts, which will cost the Treasury almost £2.8bn, would overwhelmingly benefit wealthier households, with almost half the giveaway going to the top 10% of earners.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/30/philip-hammond-income-tax-cuts-are-right-and-moral-budget-chancellor

The Tory Legacy

Arron Banks faces criminal inquiry over Brexit campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rexit-campaign

"The investigation centres on the suspicion Banks was not the “true source” of the £8m of loans made to BFTC, and that loans involved funds from a “non-qualifying or impermissible company” based in the Isle of Man.

The Electoral Commission statement said the investigation would look into whether Banks, Bilney and others involved in BFTC, Leave.EU and associated companies “concealed the true details of these financial transactions”."

The Tory Legacy

Surprised the brexiters haven't started squealing in delight about this - I was hoping they would before I assess it

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-financial-services/uk-eu-strike-tentative-brexit-deal-on-financial-services-the-times-idUKKCN1N639Q

UK, EU agree tentative Brexit deal on financial services

The EU are continuing to throw May lifelines but what does it really mean?

"The services deal would give UK companies access to European markets as long as British financial regulation remained broadly aligned with the EU’s"

So as long as the UK stay in line, they can use this EU mechanism.

'surprised the EU allowed that and would trust the UK' I hear the knowledgeable mutter.

They haven't

Read the detail

Its available only as long as the UK stays in line with EU regs,

any changes must be agreed by both parties or its 30 days notice and it ends.

30 days notice and it ends anyway.

So why do I say its the EU throwing a lifeline?

That 30 Days clause - It can also be invoked by any party at any time ...

so The EU will still have to act as if the EU Services are gone to be ready whether the UK would renege or not (but they will as the negotiations have continuously shown).

Its nothing but a lifeline for May, and time for the Companies to move.

The Tory Legacy

and even this little bit of not a lot is now being 'denied'

"In a rare public comment on a press report, the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, tweeted: “Misleading press articles today on #Brexit & financial services. Reminder: EU may grant and withdraw equivalence in some financial services autonomously"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/01/brexit-deal-on-financial-services-agreed-report

Edited by Andyorch
Own quote removed

The Tory Legacy

and more Brexit shenanigans coming into the light of day

May urged to clarify whether she blocked Arron Banks investigation

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-11-02/may-blocked-2016-probe-in-brexit-backer-arron-banks-mail-says

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6344611/Theresa-stepped-stop-security-services-probing-Arron-Banks-run-Brexit-referendum.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

"The Mail understands that in early 2016 the then home secretary Theresa May declined a request by one of the security services to investigate Banks- as the topic was simply too explosive in the run up to the referendum."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/02/theresa-may-arron-banks-leave-eu-campaign-investigation

"The Daily Mail reported on Thursday that May declined a request by one of the security services to investigate Banks in 2016, repeating a claim made by Tom Watson, Labour’s deputy leader, at his party conference in September."

"At the time Watson asked: “Did [May] ask the security services to investigate? Or did she stop them doing so? There is a suggestion that in the run-up to the referendum the prime minister – in her capacity at the time as home secretary – declined at least one application from the security services to mount a full investigation into Mr Banks and others suspected of Russian influence."

Revealed: Isle of Man firm at centre of claims against Arron Banks

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/01/isle-man-company-allegations-arron-banks-leave-eu-brexit

"On Thursday the Electoral Commission confirmed it had asked the National Crime Agency to investigate whether Rock Holdings Limited, a company controlled by the businessman Arron Banks and registered on the ground floor of that Isle of Man office building, was the illegal source of up to £8m in funding provided to Banks’ Leave.EU campaign group and five other pro-Brexit campaign groups during 2016."

"Under British electoral law donors to EU referendum campaigns had to be individuals or companies registered in the UK or Gibraltar."

TJ comment:

Banks claim seems to be that he is a UK citizen even if the companies of his that supplied the money aren't.

The self-styled ‘bad boy’ who bankrolled the Leave campaign appears to have exaggerated his wealth. So how did he pay for his Brexit spree?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexitinc/adam-ramsay/how-did-arron-banks-afford-brexit

"In September 2013, the man who bought Brexit – Arron Banks – was in trouble.

For the past two years, financial regulators in Gibraltar had been scrutinising his insurance under-writer, Southern Rock. They had discovered it was keeping reserves far below what was needed.

This was a serious problem. Banks claimed he had already provided £40 million to plug the hole. He also told the regulator he would step down as a director, but has since been required to find an eye-watering £60 million in extra funding.

A year later, these financial worries seem to have completely evaporated. Banks had begun buying diamond mines, investing millions into chemical companies and wealth management firms, setting up loss-making political consultancies, and most famous of all – funding the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP). "

"One question remains though. If Banks was in such a tight spot in September 2013, how did he manage to be so generous the following year?"

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexitinc/adam-ramsay/how-did-arron-banks-afford-brexit

The Tory Legacy

again - cant update to tidy up the mess this sites wysiwyg editor makes of so many posts

The Tory Legacy

and now we see the on/off statements about possible deals

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland/britains-raab-asked-to-scrap-irish-backstop-after-three-months-telegraph-idUKKCN1N90PI

Raab only wants the backstop border agreement to hold for three months, so that after three months he can go back to 'cake and eat it'

Of course, the EU wants a real backstop to ensure those sort of shenanigans don't get foisted on them

Edited by Andyorch
edited

The Tory Legacy

The government seem to be planning quite hard for the possibility of a no deal Brexit.

A possible lottery for haulier permits, as low as 5% of what's required according to one estimate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/05/hauliers-face-lottery-for-permits-in-no-deal-brexit

Scotland Yard is setting up a new unit because of worries over losing intelligence from Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/05/brexit-metropolitan-police-rush-set-up-no-deal-safety-net-unit

And Defra has taken staff from the Environment Agency to prepare for a hard Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/05/environment-department-accused-of-brexit-panic-after-urgent-staff-demand

The government seem to be planning quite hard for the possibility of a no deal Brexit.

I think that would be more accurately

The government is applying the minimum effort needed to ensure a no deal Brexit while doing even less to cater for it.

A possible lottery for haulier permits, as low as 5% of what's required according to one estimate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/05/hauliers-face-lottery-for-permits-in-no-deal-brexit

Scotland Yard is setting up a new unit because of worries over losing intelligence from Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/05/brexit-metropolitan-police-rush-set-up-no-deal-safety-net-unit

And Defra has taken staff from the Environment Agency to prepare for a hard Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/05/environment-department-accused-of-brexit-panic-after-urgent-staff-demand

None of these will address either the Irish border or the British border issues in any real way, let alone any of the business issues where these businesses are simply told 'prepare for a no deal Brexit' while telling them nothing about what environment and regulations that would entail.

Biggest 'effort' seems to be in converting Dover area motorways into lorry parks - via adding some central barrier gates ..

and saying we'll have some good business with wealthy Africans in 20 or 30 years if the African countries economies develop some in that time

It beggars belief really.

The Tory Legacy

Depressing, isn't it? We're looking really bad on the world stage.

I think that would be more accurately

The government is applying the minimum effort needed to ensure a no deal Brexit while doing even less to cater for it.

I read an article yesterday that advanced the theory that HMG are talking up how bad a no deal Brexit would be, so that they can bulldoze through the bad deal they've got and MPse will accept it.

I read an article yesterday that advanced the theory that HMG are talking up how bad a no deal Brexit would be, so that they can bulldoze through the bad deal they've got and MPse will accept it.

I cant even understand that as the case, as they have no deal as far as I can see.

What use is a motorway turned into a lorry park to anyone?

Lorries filled with livestock, perishables?

This 95% sorted is BS.

Thats the 97% of areas where there was no issue,

minus the 2% that they have screwed up in the negotiations

with the 3% of areas, the big areas that needed resolution - border, rights and trade regulations - still unresolved

So that 95% - 2% less than it was when negotiations started.

I can only see it as the UK effectively really saying

- we are going to cut our own throats if you dont cave in and give us our cake and eat it seeding the destruction of the EU in the process,

... or do you really want a bankrupt nuclear state on your border with the likes of Johnson, Gove, Davies, Fox, Smugg, Murdock and Banks running it?

Madness. With no apologies for the strong terms.

Lets look at the players

EU - Eire has veto - end of.

EU - will not give UK cake and eat it - end of

DUP = will not allow any border in the sea with the UK,

and may be averse to a border on the Island of Island - but that seems secondary

Corbyn - wants out of the EU and a general election with the country is a desperate state - I think he likely thinks that a Britain in chaos is great for him as he can blame everything on the Tories (despite him supporting them in the collapse) and anything at all he does after that is 'necessary'. Henry VIII.

Tories - May at war with her cabinet let alone party, let alone population and all parties at war with each other.

All to protect the union - BS - its destroying it

NI will either fall back into chaos - or secede (as will Scotland) - and god knows whether even that will result in a unified or a divided Ireland

With Ireland and Scotland gone - look at a map and see what that does to English territorial waters ...

May appears to be working on the basis that voting down her 'no deal deal' means a default 'no deal' with no other options to the UK parliament or people - How dictatorial.

There are real MP's from all parties working to ensure that parliament at least has a say - and hopefully that the British people will have their say on whats done now that cards are falling on the table.

With The cabinet, Parliament and the UK's nations and people all at odds with each other (well done Cameron you ****ing Arse) the only option is to lay it all out on the table in clear terms and give all the people their say.

This must be heaven to the UK's enemies.

Edited by Andyorch
edited language

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks