• Tweets

• So as predicted a dq was received from Overdale  iv checked MCOL transaction history and the last thing on there is defence received   No dq sent by courts. Am I reading this correctly.    my understanding is I ignore the dq and wait for the courts to send one? So as predicted a dq was received from Overdale  iv checked MCOL transaction history and the last thing on there is defence received   No dq sent by courts. Am I reading this correctly.    my understanding is I ignore the dq and wait for the courts to send one? So as predicted a dq was received from Overdale  iv checked MCOL transaction history and the last thing on there is defence received   No dq sent by courts. Am I reading this correctly.    my understanding is I ignore the dq and wait for the courts to send one? So as predicted a dq was received from Overdale  iv checked MCOL transaction history and the last thing on there is defence received   No dq sent by courts. Am I reading this correctly.    my understanding is I ignore the dq and wait for the courts to send one?
    • Hi  I've received letters acknowledging that overdales have received my caa request and CPR request. No info. I'm going to post you my defence for to look at tonight or tomorrow morning. H
    • Morning,  I have recieved a reply from my request for information. They have replied with the credit agreements for my 118 loan and two Captial One cards.  They have said thay as Vodafone is a telecommunications account it is not regulated so the original creditor is not obliged to provide a copy of the agreement.  What are my next steps?  Thank you 
    • Treasury rubbishes Rishi Sunak’s £2,000 tax hike election TV debate claim   I see Sunak and his crew have been shown to be liars at the first outing, including lying about what senior civil servants have said (all on top of Sunak trying to deflect some their own DEFINED budget black hole onto labour) No surprises there then Treasury rubbishes Rishi Sunak’s £2,000 tax hike election TV debate claim WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK In a humiliating moment in the election for the prime minister, a scathing letter from top Treasury officials revealed that the figures...  
    • Tune into this fantastic FREE online information event hosted by the London Digital Jobs and Skills Hub on 11th July 2024.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can we keep it civil please, people.

HB

see, it seems to be going round in circles. C posing q's/issues, the guys replying and asking q's accordingly which never seem to be answered straightforwardly given the advice given, for the guys to then give approp advice, with not much being resolved.

callum

as Ganymede posted (who is a sol btw afaik), appealing is not as straightforward as may be seen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK make it simple for me : how can you want to claim for breach of contract if in the same breath you say there never was a contract?

However, despite you not making sense on that, that becomes irrelevant if the court never even gets to consider those issues if your PofC gets struck out.

If that happens tomorrow, and your plan is to appeal : what are your grounds for appeal?

Quite simply, An abuse of process, grounds, and i might add grounds under HRA 1998, Article 6.

So there are two avenues, not one, as you are assuming (again).

see, it seems to be going round in circles. C posing q's/issues, the guys replying and asking q's accordingly which never seem to be answered straightforwardly given the advice given, for the guys to then give approp advice, with not much being resolved.

callum

as Ganymede posted (who is a sol btw afaik), appealing is not as straightforward as may be seen.

Avoiding and giving logical answers to how the other-side could even crawl through a court door tomorrow, was and still is, a giveaway:!:

I've nothing against solicitors, only those who defend, the undefendable, its a nasty habit.

On what grounds will you appeal? (I'm expecting something as vague as "Article 6", but you'll have to be more precise than that in your appeal!).

Prediction made.

Quite simply, An abuse of process, grounds, and i might add grounds under HRA 1998, Article 6.

So there are two avenues, not one, as you are assuming (again).

Prediction was made correctly. "Article 6" gets wheeled out so frequently as "One of the 2 sides looses, and it was me" becomes "it must have been unfair, since I lost!".

However, what if the reason someone loses is their poor case preparation / poor case presentation : that doesn't mean that the process automatically becomes unfair!

You've decided that if they strike out your PofC, it must be an abuse of process, before hearing

a) if they actually are striking it out

b) if they do, the reasons why.

How can you know it's an abuse of process if you don't yet know the process they have followed?.

As I mentioned (when making my prediction of what I expected your response to be!), you'll have to be a lot more precise than that if making an appeal.

Good luck in Court today Callum.

And please update your thread with the outcome...good or bad.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is there a CPR on which to request that the Court order one side to compel the solicitor to provide the retainer within a stipulated time.

CPR 31, (but : and this bit is important ! : provided the document is relevant to your case AS PLEADED). If it isn't relevant to your current PofC, the other side will just state "it isn't a disclosable document"

What directions (if any) have been issued for disclosure?

If disclosure has taken place, was the document you seek listed at disclosure? (and if so in which section? 1,2, or 3)

If disclosure has taken place, then which part of CPR 31 is relevant will depend on the answers to the above queries.

The Document is relevant to the case and the other-side are refusing to provide CPR 31.15, its proof that (A) that in any event, they had a retainer to act negligently, or not act negligently, to the PoFC, (B) And that retainer could be relied upon in any defence, as any defence would need a contract that would have been in place, in order to defend.

What directions (if any) have been issued for disclosure?

If disclosure has taken place, was the document you seek listed at disclosure? (and if so in which section? 1,2, or 3)

If disclosure has taken place, then which part of CPR 31 is relevant will depend on the answers to the above queries.

The Document is relevant to the case and the other-side are refusing to provide CPR 31.15, its proof that (A) that in any event, they had a retainer to act negligently, or not act negligently, to the PoFC, (B) And that retainer could be relied upon in any defence, as any defence would need a contract that would have been in place, in order to defend.

It remains that which part of CPR 31 you might use is affected by the questions

"What directions (if any) have been issued for disclosure?

If disclosure has taken place, was the document you seek listed at disclosure? (and if so in which section? 1,2, or 3)"

If you don't answer, how do you expect to get a more focused / useful reply?

On what form number would the application have to be pleaded on??

It is worth working out which part of CPR 31 you want to rely on, else which form it is won't matter........... (But applications, in general, are made on a N244).

But if that document could prove once the hearing KO, i am alleging a criminal offence, as the other-side and in their application today, have indicated that there was a legitimate contract for their client to represent me, the evidence that i have obtained because they did not want to show this, more likely, than not, this was not the case and there was no retainer.

Rule 31.12 i would assume

Is there any other CPR when one party suspects the other has and is perverting the course of justice?

You are mixing your civil (CPR) and criminal (allegations of perversion of the course of justice) law again.

Focus on today's hearing. If your PofC is struck out (and permission to amend the PofC not given) you'll have no civil case ongoing, and CPR 31 will no longer be relevant while your case is struck out.

But if that document could prove once the hearing KO, i am alleging a criminal offence, as the other-side and in their application today, have indicated that there was a legitimate contract for their client to represent me, the evidence that i have obtained because they did not want to show this, more likely, than not, this was not the case and there was no retainer.

Rule 31.12 i would assume

Is there any other CPR when one party suspects the other has and is perverting the course of justice?

Remind me, have both of you filed Directions Questionnaires yet? If so do you have Directions back from the Court?

Disclosure of the contract should be provided at the appropriate disclosure stage , if it isn't then you can consider an application for specific disclosure.

Did you seek permission to appeal?

Do you plan to appeal?

If you plan to appeal what level of judge heard the application?

Was it a Deputy District Judge? District Judge? Circuit Judge?

What costs order (if any) was made?

Did you seek permission to appeal?

Do you plan to appeal?

If you plan to appeal what level of judge heard the application?

Was it a Deputy District Judge? District Judge? Circuit Judge?

What costs order (if any) was made?

No

Yes

District

9k, 5k to be paid in 14 days.

Argued and managed to get CPR 31.12 application, dismissed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks