UKPC ticket at B&Q

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

From what I have read there is a lot of good people on here, giving a helping hand.

Which is just what I could do with.

I just popped to my local B&Q and pet store, on my Motorbike.

As there does not seem to be any motorbike parking that is clearly designated.

To save using a whole car space,

I parked just behind the metal railings in front of B&Q, to the left of their entrance.

Well out the way of the entrance and not in anyone's way.

I was only there for about 10 mins.

When I came back there was a parking ticket stuck on top of my tank, from UKPC for what looks like £100.00

but if I pay within 14 days it's £60.00.

I was not in a marked bay, but was not in any way blocking a path or entrance/exit.

Should I just ignor it?

They will probably have a photo of me without my crash helmet,

so would not be able to say that I was not driving it.

Regards

Pete

If you are the RK, then wait for the NTK to land on your doormat. This must be between 29-56 days of the parking event for POFA time scale.

A picture of the signage and redacted ticket would be helpful.

Why and who would have a photo of you?

Thanks for advice. I thought they would have a pic. of me because it says on the ticket that I can ask to view the photographic evidence regarding ticket at a certain website.

Will wait for the NTK.

If they send the NTK in time (outside the specific period and there is no keeper liability) then you can appeal to the parking company and if that isnt successful you can appeal to an independent adjudicator, POPLA.

UKPC often get the procedural bits wrong so keep a careful watch on the date you get the NTK. I would advise appealing to them on the grounds that your vehicle was parked in the designated area for motorcycles and let them explain why this isnt true, it is as true as their claim is honest.

Plus I do not know who stuck the ticket on my bike, but they sure did try and break my bike as it was really hard to start when i came back. It was as if they had been reviving it without it being turned on.

Get on to b and q

Complain to the them the head office create a fuss

You are their customer not how you should be treated

They are closing stores they need every customer they can get

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Get on to b and q

Complain to the them the head office create a fuss

You are their customer not how you should be treated

They are closing stores they need every customer they can get

Should I send a copy of the ticket and point out that their sign says £90 and I got a ticket for £100?

Should I send a copy of the ticket and point out that their sign says £90 and I got a ticket for £100?

Just include the number of the ticket with any complaint and never send the original. Leave the monetary difference for POPLA if it gets that far.

B & Q will probably tell you to deal with UKPC first, but kick up a proper stink about how their agent treats its customers. Threaten to never shop there afain unless they get the charge cancelled.

B & Q are probably not the landowners but it doesn't matter.

Do not let anyone know who the rider was, refer to yourself as the keeper of the vehicle when complaining, if you get an unsatisfactory response then there are other courses of action.

I read the sign shown as that no parking on the roadway where the yellow lines are and the bike was parked in the designated motorcycle bay if it was parked behind that sign. Look, they even have crash barriers and places to chain your bike to..

I also belive that the retail park management will have signed the contract with UKPC and the bit where you put your bike is not part of the car park anyway. All grist to the mill for when you do get a demand.

As a biker who also visits B&Q I'd like to know where they expect you to display a purchased ticket on a motorcycle?

I have never bought a car park ticket for my bike in B&Q and always park in the bicycle area where there is something to chain my bike to.

Unless B&Q provide motorcycle specific parking I ain't paying, they can manage to graffiti their car parks with unenforceable disabled and parent & child parking bays, so I'm sure they could do the same for motorcycles.

• 1 month later...

Appeal to them saying that the bike is correctly parked in the bike racks provided and cannot see what their problem is. Should they disagree with you then they should quote the legislation that determines the size and format of off-street parking spaces for motorcycles in their rejection letter, along with the POPLA code.

Appeal to them saying that the bike is correctly parked in the bike racks provided and cannot see what their problem is. Should they disagree with you then they should quote the legislation that determines the size and format of off-street parking spaces for motorcycles in their rejection letter, along with the POPLA code.

Thanks for info, so if I appeal saying that I was correctly parked, will I get another chance to ask for the legislation? and POPLA code.

Regards

Pete

No, include it in your appeal to UKPC as you arent necessarilygoing to use it again at POPLA, it is just to make them look stupid when they have to furnish evidence. They have to supply the POPLA code if they reject so that is really the aim of this.
Should I not mention anything at this stage, about the fact that the ticket is for £100 and the sign was for £90?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for info, so if I appeal saying that I was correctly parked, will I get another chance to ask for the legislation? and POPLA code.

Regards

Pete

Not ' I '... ' the ' bike was correctly parked.

You are responding as the RK and not identifying the driver/rider.

Yep. Make sur eyou talk in the third party. Never say it was you that did anything. They will try and trip you up to make it easy for themselves. Just tread carefully.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

just copy my words verbatim and stop overanalysing things. They arent going to allow your appeal as they go broke if they do every time someone is right! What you are after is that POPLA code and the opportunity to make them show some evidence that they are right, not that you are wrong. Can you actually believe that they will try and find legislation regarding parking space dimensions for motorcycles in car parks? It doesnt exist so they cant say that you were incorrectly parked becuase there is no definition of what is correct or incorrect and therfore as they have to prove their claim they wont be able to. This means you win as there is no breach as there is no "parking bay" or area

just copy my words verbatim and stop overanalysing things. They arent going to allow your appeal as they go broke if they do every time someone is right! What you are after is that POPLA code and the opportunity to make them show some evidence that they are right, not that you are wrong. Can you actually believe that they will try and find legislation regarding parking space dimensions for motorcycles in car parks? It doesnt exist so they cant say that you were incorrectly parked becuase there is no definition of what is correct or incorrect and therfore as they have to prove their claim they wont be able to. This means you win as there is no breach as there is no "parking bay" or area
Thanks, will do.

Regards