style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember going to the Hammersmith Palais (many, many years ago) and lots of the girls would be wearing frocks with the price tags still attached and tucked down the back so they could return them on Monday !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good one was old computer games - I am 40 so was in to my Commodore 64. I used to buy the games, get them home and then record the games (before they had security which meant you could not copy them like the new stuff) on a blank tape - took game back for a refund saying "got this as a present and someone bought me the same one" so had the game and money!

Bit mean sending the book back

Don't judge a book by it's cover my friend and I suffered much hardship when her benefit stopped, I had to support her, my young son, two pets and myself, paying rent, council tax, utility bills and food shopping on my Income Support money. I had no penny to rub together that book costs £500. When Cathy benefit was reinstated we used the back payment to purchased the book how ironic but we don't need the book because we found the right place to go for all the benefit laws.

The seller was happy to refund before the 14 days was due besides I do not need to explain to you its dog eat dog world out there you keep hold of every penny once you've experienced starvation even my poor pets was suffering. pfff.

Depends who the seller was. I purchased a book through an ebay trader, and now they spam my email account with junk "offers"....

Helen2264: Well done on all the hard work you have put in over the last year. It must have been very stressful on both you and Cathy.

Thank you Paul, Cathy and I suffered so much she gave up and was suicidal, we've been back and forth to her GP even her GP stood up for her and told me to tell the DWP to ring him so he can speak to them. I became ill myself too and could not take anymore, you either sink or swim I chose to swim back up and fight with everything I had Cathy's case is genuine I didn't expect for her to be put in the Support Group especially after the Compliance officer interview I gave it my all in that meeting I had a feeling the interview was to stop Cathy's benefit yet again, I just could not let that happen I was well prepared for that Compliance interview but the Compliance Officer was not prepare for what happened, I ended up interrogation her instead the DWP and ATOS are corrupt to the core and making too many people suffer.

When the Compliance Officer abandoned the meeting I knew we won, I threaten her with legal action should Cathy's benefit stopped there and then that did the trick. DWP staff are cowards they will not give out the Jobcentre Plus managers names. I have all the managers names from the 3 Jobcentre Plus offices who deal with Cathy's benefit I sent letters to the 3 and threaten legal action I think in the end they've decided put Cathy in the Support Group to keep her quiet besides the DWP and ATOS was always at fault right from the beginning and they know it.

Never give up just keep fighting if one cannot then get someone who can help. lol The compliance officer even said to Cathy, she is lucky to have a friend like me who fight for her that her trying to be nice once she knew she'd lost that war.

I remember Cathy's story and I'm very glad it's all turned out right; she has a great - and most formidable - friend in you. Hope things are easier for her from now on.

Regarding buying a book, reading it then sending it back.. I can't criticise that as in my fashon-crazy youth we would buy a new shirt to wear on Friday night at the disco then return it to the shop on Saturday morning (hopefully not beer-stained), make an excuse like 'unwanted gift' and get a refund. Repeat with different shop next week, etc

I was just 'wearing-in' the shirts to make them comfortable for the next person, that's how I saw it :)

Thank you for your kind comments that book is very expensive just the welfare one costs £500 the whole book cost thousands of pounds google it you'll found out. Desperate times call for desperate measure I'm no solicitor to keep the book besides I bought the 4th edition much, much cheaper I've kept that one but the 5th edition was going back lol.

:)

I remember going to the Hammersmith Palais (many, many years ago) and lots of the girls would be wearing frocks with the price tags still attached and tucked down the back so they could return them on Monday !

Hahaha! I remember those days too, you see a frock you like they are pricey buy them wear it on a Saturday night out then Monday take it back and get your money many others did that was quite fun too.

:lol:

£500??? Crikey! No wonder we have a hard time fighting things when the law books are so expensive. Well done m'dear.

(It's currently on Amazon, a snip at £249.99. But hurry as there's only one left).

owch £500

What you did was great. I made the comment purly as I rad this thread for the first time after reading a thread about ebay sellers getting ripped off which is why my comment came out as it did. I meant it tongue in cheek anyway :D

As for you orrbile lot, we shouldnt be condoning naughtyness now should we haha.

Anyway the book discussion is off topic, lets not take away from OPs victory :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.