style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Data Protection Act 1998 for a start

As long as the job referral was not done through the job centre staff themselves they can get stuffed

They have no authority to transfer your data to a third party without your consent

Wait for more replies though

had a quick delve and came up with this:

Must Does: Meeting Data Protection Legislation

Solicitors Branch has previously advised that we have to inform employers

why we are asking for the information and what the information will be used

for. To continue to meet DPA legislation you must clearly explain to the

employer why you are asking for the information and what it will be used for.

You must also make the employer aware that they are not obliged to provide

feedback.

Note: You can no longer send employers a list of customers submitted to

their vacancies. Feedback from an employer can only be requested where

an advisor has matched a Jobseekers Allowance customer to a vacancy.

There is no need to obtain the customers permission as this is covered by

Section 3 of the Social Security Act 1998.

And later:

We can only ask for feedback on JSA customers who have been

matched to a vacancy and Section 3 of the Social Security Act 1998

covers JCP to do this, customers in receipt of benefits cannot withdraw

DPA consent.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/125511/response/311623/attach/html/3/FOI%20omotoso%20guidance.pdf.html

My friend wants to apply for the company but they don't wanna tell the job centre as they should have no info sent to them if they use there services.

they said the vacancy is through the company website but they have advertised it also on jc and others and the company ask you a question if your unemployed for more than 6months yes or no they have been.

the friend hasn't had the best of times with job centre and so he don't want the job centre knowing anything.

so can they say yes and without them sending the jc information? they are going to do it through the company website if they should.

• 3 weeks later...

hey folks

a friend of mine was in to sign on/ adviser and the adviser told him he hadn't apply for this amount of jobs what he is suppose to and also when the ujm was down for maintenance last month which there was no info on as i couldn't get in to one day last month and the adviser told him he needed to apply for a job a day and they should be applying before the maintenance but he told them there was no info on the ujm website so how could he know this. and if there gonna do maintenance they should start it from 12am so people get to do there job search that day instead of cutting off the website 5-6 hours left of the day!

he gave me a list of his job seeker directions let me know if any of you can notice if it says the amount of jobs he has to apply for .

I will use jobsite and employer website to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily)

I will log in to my universal jobmatch account to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily)

I will contact employers directly to ask about and apply for jobs i can do (weekly)

I will check newspaper job vacancy sections and apply to those jobs i can do (weekly)

I will respond promptly to contacts and notifications from employers and jobsites (daily)

I will consider what i need to do to make effective applications to the jobs i find (ongoing)

I will ensure i have an up to date CV that i can tailor for jobs i apply for (ongoing)

My claimant commitment is practically the same , there is no mention of number of jobs I should apply for each week.

My understanding is:

There is no number set in regards applying for jobs as long as you can show you have spent at least the number of hours you agree to work when first signing normally 35 hours (some people say 50-60 hours just to impress without realising the implications lol ) undertaking activities which give you the best chance of finding work, then you have satisfied the secretary of states requirements to be ASE (actively seeking employment).

These activities can range from getting an hair cut, practising interview techniques, researching job roles and opportunities etc.

hi People

question is.

i applied for a three vacancy few days ago but i didn't notice that you have to do a video interview?

i am not keen on doing them am not sure if anyone on here have done a video interview before?

but to me am just not a person who likes to do videos and personally prefer to just apply for the vacancy and wait for the reply to an interview.

i can't remember getting an email and i have the three email for the i applied for the vacancy and the ref number but there was no other email people say you get to get a link to take you to the video interview.

I would not do an interview via video as you have no idea whom is videoing you and why can you guarantee its going to be used for the purpose or something more sinister?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I would not do an interview via video as you have no idea whom is videoing you and why can you guarantee its going to be used for the purpose or something more sinister?

that is my issue with video interview even though there a company people know you don't know what they do with that video if they keep it on system or whatever and who looks at it all it takes is someone to hack in to there system and pick up on there videos but not saying people would do it but wouldn't say never.

when my adviser goes through my job search online i hope he doesn't ask did you do a video call because i can't say no can i lol? even tho i applied for it by myself . or could say i never received any email.

when my adviser goes through my job search online i hope he doesn't ask did you do a video call because i can't say no can i lol? even tho i applied for it by myself . or could say i never received any email.

You could be jumping the gun. Chances are, the company in question will be inundated with applicants so you'd have a slim chance of getting as far as a video interview. You also have to bear in mind, not everyone has a video camera or the software to enable a video interview to take place.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Sadly Video Interviews are not new and are to be fair more an American thing.

What adviser doesn't know....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You could be jumping the gun. Chances are, the company in question will be inundated with applicants so you'd have a slim chance of getting as far as a video interview. You also have to bear in mind, not everyone has a video camera or the software to enable a video interview to take place.

people have sent me that soon as you apply for them they give u a link to do a video interview to answer few question instead of going to the store for an interview or a phone interview so they do a video interview to see what they people are like and the answers they give.

and also they tell you on there site that if you don't have camera etc get one or go to a place eg cafe stuff like this

Sadly Video Interviews are not new and are to be fair more an American thing.

What adviser doesn't know....

is it an American Thing Yes?

i really don't agree with it you never know these days what could happen to that video you do for them.

but just spoke to a few people who said why don't you do a video call but only put like half your face in the video when answering questions because it could just basically stop you getting through and also they don't get to see the whole of you.

Hello there.

Have you looked on the CAG forum for Brighthouse and similar stores? They don't come across very well.

HB

ye just noticed that there.

just trying to look for people who have had interviews with them or even when i applied for them when they get back to you if your successful or not.

I Applied for the vacancy just incase my advisor asks me to cause if they find it when am in they will no doubt tell me to apply for it. why do they put jobs up like sales advisor and some place them and then you look down below the sales advisor and it says another place is which the job actually is. confusing.

but anyone that could give any info then would be great.

why would a company like bright house use another website to upload there jobs when they have there own job career page on there website but they jobs they have up for areas around me on other website aren't on there own website?

surely you would use your own website to upload your vacancys?

Not necessarily, many companies now have an 'agreement' with the local job centre to advertise local jobs via them, saves them a lot of hassle back at head office and the companies don't have the bother of having to comply with a lot of legislation as to whether the candidate actually is entitled to work in the UK.

Not necessarily, many companies now have an 'agreement' with the local job centre to advertise local jobs via them, saves them a lot of hassle back at head office and the companies don't have the bother of having to comply with a lot of legislation as to whether the candidate actually is entitled to work in the UK.

this is not via job centre they don't have the vacancy up this is via a retail website.

but to be honest if you make a career website on your site then they should be using it that's my opinion .

but i can see your point.

i have just written to the website as to why the vacancy i applied for the date posted as changed to today and was changed few hours ago.

why do websites do this? surely when a job gets advertised that day it shouldn't get changed everyday.

Maybe they did not have enough candidates apply for the post - you are making a big thing of this when really it is not the main problem facing you. The more fuss you make to employers during the application stage the less likely they are to employ you. I've worked in recruitment and have seen this happen. What could be the best candidate for the job loosing it for asking loads of pre-interview questions and then clutching at straws to 'get the extra bit of info to clinch the job'.

The job market these days is very different from three months ago - lots of factors are involved and chasing a company for details of how and why job closing dates change is pointless.