style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe they did not have enough candidates apply for the post - you are making a big thing of this when really it is not the main problem facing you. The more fuss you make to employers during the application stage the less likely they are to employ you. I've worked in recruitment and have seen this happen. What could be the best candidate for the job loosing it for asking loads of pre-interview questions and then clutching at straws to 'get the extra bit of info to clinch the job'.

The job market these days is very different from three months ago - lots of factors are involved and chasing a company for details of how and why job closing dates change is pointless.

How was recruitment job?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you see the poorly written applications (some look like people have eaten their breakfast over the forms) and the lack of grammar and spelling you begin to realise that recruiting a half-decent person purely on paper is difficult. The recruitment job was part of my work within the NHS, and I've also done payroll and KNOW how much nurses actually earn - and how some of them can't even work out their own payslips.

Recruitment is a difficult place to be, either side of the fence. A lot depends on 'being the right face on the day', very much like the judges lottery that goes on in the legal profession.

well i have just contacted the company as an Inquiry to check if there vacancy was still Available and the person on the phone told me to hand a cv in to store and i said what about the website that it advertised on they said just ignore that your better off putting a cv in. so think i might just delete my account with the website i applied for the vacancy on as if a company telling someone to ignore it and just hand a cv in then.

When you see the poorly written applications (some look like people have eaten their breakfast over the forms) and the lack of grammar and spelling you begin to realise that recruiting a half-decent person purely on paper is difficult. The recruitment job was part of my work within the NHS, and I've also done payroll and KNOW how much nurses actually earn - and how some of them can't even work out their own payslips.

Recruitment is a difficult place to be, either side of the fence. A lot depends on 'being the right face on the day', very much like the judges lottery that goes on in the legal profession.

your the first person i have spoke to on here that has worked in recruitment.

you got a job like not recruitment anymore?

did you find it hard or easy work?

do the nurses actually earn much?

LMOHM, a regulated environment is one that involves financial / insurance or medical issues. So if you've worked in sales it's likely you will have been asked to sell some sort of store cards, insurances etc. That's a regulated environment.

Nurse pay depends on grade and level of responsibility, junior nurses don't earn an awful lot, some of the fantastically well qualified ones do.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

If by junior nurses you mean Health Care Workers, no they don't earn a lot, but your average nurse will start off on about 26,000 without having to do any overtime - their enhancements are quite staggering at times and can make up over half their pay.

The average nurse starts on a Band 5 in the NHS (Band 3s are people who are Health Care Workers who do not have a Royal College of Nursing PIN no so are not qualified registered nurses).

If by junior nurses you mean Health Care Workers, no they don't earn a lot, but your average nurse will start off on about 26,000 without having to do any overtime - their enhancements are quite staggering at times and can make up over half their pay.

The average nurse starts on a Band 5 in the NHS (Band 3s are people who are Health Care Workers who do not have a Royal College of Nursing PIN no so are not qualified registered nurses).

and they're worth every penny. I've the pleasure of working with two excellent nurses, and an equally good HCW. £26k after 3 years in uni is just on expectations of normal graduate pay. Given that the work involves 24/7 rotas and extraordinary responsibility it's not excessive in any way. It works out on an average 40 hour week (which is an absolute understatement) at £12.50 an hour.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Nursing pay (and ALL NHS pay except managers not on the Agenda for Change payscale) is worked out on 37 1/2 hours per week - plus the nurses usually have a 6 week rota, so they know when they are going to be on duty, and they can change their shifts accordingly as long as they do not breach rules on how many nurses per patient on duty.

Please check the Agenda for Change rulebook before misquoting what you have read in the popular press.

Sorry, wrist duly slapped over 2.5 hours.

In general practice we're independant contractors and not, at least here, held to the A4C although I am aware of its existence.

I've never heard of anyone having to apply for x amount of jobs a day

It sounds like something that was made up on the spot

Like a lot of what they claim it simply isn't true

It may be true if you agreed to apply for x amount a day but other then that it shouldn't be an issue

Too many like to give the unemployed a rough time in the hope they sign off

My local office issues a paper template to all its customers which has 10 sections I have to fill in each week which states:

"You must record 10 actual vacancies per week you have applied for although this number may change"

A load of bunkem I know but failing to fill in the form and not complying will lead to a doubt raised on my claim.

I can use my own method of recording my activities.

There is no legal requirement to apply for any number of vacencies in any given week.

• 4 months later...

My Question is If you fill in an application form for a vacancy and hand or post it in if you maybe not done a good job on the application form would an employer inform the job centre to let them know.

Even if you had applied for it on your own or the job centre informed you to apply for it by letter or ujm or verbally can the job centre ask the employer to see what you wrote on the application or read out any info about it.

I would like proper answers to clarify the issue atm.

Even if you had applied for it on your own or the job centre informed you to apply for it by letter or ujm or verbally can the job centre ask the employer to see what you wrote on the application or read out any info about it..

Not unless you have given the JCP express permission to invade your personal correspondence between you and any potential employer?

Data protection for a start!

This is why anything you sign in the JCP should be read front & back, and any doubt, should negate any signature OR further clarification, and any threat of being 'sanctioned' for failing to sign, is blackmail and complaints should be made.

I despise the DWP I really do, they are acting way above the Law and they simply do not care, they have the backing of some very influential politicians who advocate such dickensian practices, truly awful.

Edited by honeybee13

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

My Question is If you fill in an application form for a vacancy and hand or post it in if you maybe not done a good job on the application form would an employer inform the job centre to let them know.

Even if you had applied for it on your own or the job centre informed you to apply for it by letter or ujm or verbally can the job centre ask the employer to see what you wrote on the application or read out any info about it.

I would like proper answers to clarify the issue atm.

You have asked this, or a similar question, on 26 April, over 6 months ago. You were given a 'proper' comprehensive response, including some legal advice that Jasta11 managed to dig up, at that time.

I doubt that an employer, who may have numerous application forms to sift through, and a vacancy to fill, is going to waste their time chasing up substandard applications with the DWP, or even with the applicant.