Parking eye court papers !!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys just to let you all know that today I submitted my defence so what happens now ???? What do I need to prepare if it does get to court???

Many thanks in advance

You will receive an allocation questionaire and so will PE. This is a self explanatory set of questions for example are you intending to call any witnesses / expert opinion ? and would you like ADR (Alternative Despute Resoloution) which I always tick NO as the PPC is not negotiable unless they are dropping the case.....Next the case will be allocated to your local County Court small claims track when PE will have to pay a hearing fee. Both Allocation questionaires Must be submitted...Both parties will be asked to submit a bundle to each other and the court 14 days prior to the hearing date which is the evidence on which they intend to rely upon...The Court will advise you of each step as it progresses

Edited by Scouse Magic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've just received in the post a stating that PE wish to proceed to county court it's full of photographs and plans of the car park site previous letters they sent me etc etc. I've not had a allocation questionnaire or any other forms of communication WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!?!?

Sounds like they are trying to skirt around court by overwhelming you with ficticious evidence, hoping you will back down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

be warned, they can and soemtimes will go to court and even try and bluff the judge. You need to be clued up and ready with hard facts and good argument skills incase they do try and push their luck.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The OP has submitted the standard strong defense and is waiitng for the allocation questionnaire, in the interim the OP should be doing lots of reading on here to gain some knowledge of what might be said in court and how to counter it, although the defense should be enough for the Judge to bat it off.

Hi guys

I've just received in the post a stating that PE wish to proceed to county court it's full of photographs and plans of the car park site previous letters they sent me etc etc. I've not had a allocation questionnaire or any other forms of communication WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!?!?

This will probably be stuff they are going to rely on in court. They have obviously seen your defence and indicated they wish to continue.

It will be allocated to your local court in due course, but if you are concerned you can contact Northampton and ask the status of the claim. They will advise if it is in the process of being allocated :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You have had all the advice you need for the defense, have a read of the forum especially the threads which discuss PE court cases, also look up those cases on the net (the links are in the stickies) and read them.

PE may well pull out before the court date or fail to represent or turn up on the day.

Dont panic, if you submitted your defence all you have to do is wait for the allocation questionnaire (make sure you nominate a court if you have a preference otherwise it will be YOUR local county court), fill that in and send it back and then you will eventually be given a time and place to attend. It will unlikely to be before feb next year at the rate things are running currently so plenty of time. Once that has been done PE have to pay an allocation fee so they may well yet pull out if their current workload is a bit much for them. They cant add extras now, this fee is included in their costs already claimed, they just havent paid it all yet.

So what, they have photographs..... how lovely, does not change the fact that they dont own the land and have no legal right to bring proceedings in their own name....

Just remember in Court PE will try to side track the Deputy District Judge by referring to internet forums and template defences on internet forums.....Always remember there is no law that says you cannot use social networks and forums and that they are trying to distract from the matter in hand.....Indeed on the subject of internet forums (Put this in your defence on the day) here is a recent Job Vacancy at PE in 2013 which proves that this is gross abuse of the Court Process, and paying attention to the bit in red !!!!!!

Parking Eye enforcement officer

We are looking for an enforcement officer to join our newly created Enforcements Team. The role will report into the Head of Enforcement and will assess and handle a large volume of cases through the early stages of the claims process and will require a good attention to detail and the ability to move from one task to another at short notice. The job holder will need to be proactive, highly organised individual with good customer service skills.

The role of enforcement officer within our Enforcement Team has access to keeper at the date of event (KADOE) details provided to us from the DVLA. In order to use this service all employees and potential employees will need to ensure that you have

1.Signed a declaration that you have no unspent convictions or pending prosecutions, including being arrested and on bail

2.Signed an undertaking to tell us if you have any pending convictions or prosecutions, whilst employed by ParkingEye Ltd and using the KADOE Service

3.Signed a declaration that you will only use the data from the KADOE service for its intended use in relation to your job

Main Duties:

*Assessing whether a case is suitable for a county court claim. This will include looking at a number of different factors

*Finding potential candidates for ‘further action’ by analysing a number of key websites/forums and the information they provide

*Dealing with calls, correspondence and payments from motorists in relation to their court claim

*Dealing with correspondence from the courts. This will include putting together the further particulars of claim where applicable

*Ensuring that all case records are up to date

*Analysing information from a panel of debt collectionicon Agencies and dealing with any correspondence/appeals that may arise

*Liaising with the appeals team, with regards to appeals/cases that will be fast-tracked to ‘further action’

Other Duties:

*Maintaining (and building on) existing relationships with hire/lease companies. This will include providing them with reports on outstanding charges and ensuring that the process is as streamlined as possible

*Creating and monitoring potential instalment plans

*Assessing appeals and correspondence from ParkingEye’s European Parking Charge collection service

Hours:?37.5 hours per week

*Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm

*Salary / Annual Leave: Up to £16,500 depending on expereince

*20 days annual leave (plus statutory)"

Edited by Scouse Magic

Cheeky barstools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just found this on another forum !!!!!!!

Well well well. Poor old parking eye have been removed from the range at st Helens. Went in the store today and spoke to a manger and he said the landowner had them remove all their equipment! This has made biggrin.gif my day. Im sure this is only the beginning of them getting the boot from other sites !

PLEASE READ MY EMAIL TO COLLIERS!!!!!!

ME:

I am sorry to bother you but I was given your email address in the hope you will be able to help in my case against Parking Eye!

I was at The Range shop in St Helens with my disabled mother at the end of last year.

In January I received a parking charge notice because I had stayed longer than the free parking was allowed due to my mothers Mobility issues.

I ignored all correspondence from Parking eye as advised by friends and various forums on the internet.

Subsequently I received court papers to which I sent in a defence.

I have now received a letter from Parking Eye stating that they wish to proceed to court and I am now getting anxious about this whole situation.

My mother said she will also come to court to fight my case, but I feel because of her health she doesn't need the stress.

I am not disputing the fact that I overstayed the allotted free parking time or that I was the driver of the car,

(We would have parked in the council disabled parking spaces if they were available,

which there weren't but as this car park was close to the centre of town it was easier for my mum)

I am disputing the fact that these charges are extortionately high and I feel that extra time should be allowed for people with mobility issues

( even though I know that some people would exploit this!)

My mother suffers from a meningioma, a bony growth on the spine which presses against the spinal nerve which makes walking very difficult,

hence we overstayed the time allowed due to frequent stops for rest.

I sincerely hope you can help me with this case as a matter of urgency

COLLIERS: With reference to your e-mail below, as you will be aware The Range car park is not a local car park,

this is purely for The Range (and shortly the McDonalds) customers only.

Signs are clearly displayed throughout the car park stating that the car park is monitored and that a fixed penalty will be incurred if you stay over the allotted time,

as you state you were not a customer of The Range, and you clearly ignored the letters sent by Parking Eye.

However, due to the health issues your mother has, I am prepared to request that the court summons is cancelled,

however there will still be a sum to pay (usually in the region of £60 which relates to the administration charges).

Upon receipt of your agreement of the above I will contact parking eye to request that the summons is cancelled.

Please provide the reference number within your next e-mail.

ME: Many thanks for your reply just one point I never stated that we didn't shop in the range,

in fact we did shop there and also had a coffee in the shop it was only that my mother had a few other errands to run that we overstayed the time.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

COLLIERS: Can you please provide a copy of the receipt?

ME: Very much doubt it it was eight months ago !!!!!!

COLLIERS; You can go into The Range and provide the date of the visit, and your credit/debit card number

and the amount that you spent, then The Range will be able to confirm that you shopped there,

this would help prove that you were an actual customer.

However, you will still have to pay the admin charge as stated earlier

ME:My mum pays cash for everything she doesn't believe in plastic !!!!!

COLLIERS: If that is the case, then as stated before I will speak with parking eye and have the court summons cancelled

but you will still have to pay £60 in admin fees.

In theory you should of contact parking eye as soon as you received the notice,

you would of received a number of notices/letter since the first notification,

and you chose to ignore them, therefore this is the best I can do for you.

Please provide the reference no and car registration number

COLLIERS: With reference to your e-mail below, as you will be aware The Range car park is not a local car park, this is purely for The Range (and shortly the McDonalds) customers only. Signs are clearly displayed throughout the car park stating that the car park is monitored and that a fixed penalty will be incurred if you stay over the allotted time, as you state you were not a customer of The Range, and you clearly ignored the letters sent by Parking Eye.

However, due to the health issues your mother has, I am prepared to request that the court summons is cancelled, however there will still be a sum to pay (usually in the region of £60 which relates to the administration charges). Upon receipt of your agreement of the above I will contact parking eye to request that the summons is cancelled.

Please provide the reference number within your next e-mail.

Is the above verbatim?