Help needed about a high pointless kerb in private car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i need some advice...

My car was damaged in a MacDonalds private car park because of a high kerb made by a wall. My car has parking sensors and i carefully parked at a very slow pace. The parking slot was very short and the way the car park is made if i didn't get as close to the wall my car would be sticking out quite a bit and with the small space made for a car to go round i had to try to get as close to the wall as possible. However i didn't realise this kerb (which had no purpose to it as it was built just before the wall and not big enough for pedestrians) was so high that it scrapped the bottom of my bumper. The parking sensor didn't pick it up and my car has not been modified or lowered in anyway so is there a law regarding such kerbs being made? Can i claim some sort of compensation for my losses?

Thank you in advance

bit like trying to sue a sat nav maker cause it told you to turn right into a oneway street.

or to drive into a river

you are in control of the car not the parking sensor.

IMHO , you don't have a chance

sorry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

bit like trying to sue a sat nav maker cause it told you to turn right into a oneway street.

or to drive into a river

you are in control of the car not the parking sensor.

I don't think the OP was meaning shall he claim off the car sensor company. More like is there a duty of care against McDonalds for an inappropriate design of that section of car park.

I would still agree a successful claim would be difficult, but that would be the direction of the claim I am sure.

Years ago bumpers were, by definition for taking knocks, nowadays they are little more than a fashionable accessory and at the forefront of insurance premium hikes.

If the scrape is on (the underneath of) the bumper, why bother ?

Why are you complaining?

Your bumpers were obviously working - 100 percent!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Now if the OP had knocked a wall down in Maccies car park he would be loosing his NCD. The same could be if he decides to claim and Maccies Counterclaim for the replacement of the kerb and by the sound of his eplanation the wall would have to come down as well.

As has been said already this is one to put down to experience.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Hi i need some advice...

My car was damaged in a MacDonalds private car park because of a high kerb made by a wall. My car has parking sensors and i carefully parked at a very slow pace. The parking slot was very short and the way the car park is made if i didn't get as close to the wall my car would be sticking out quite a bit and with the small space made for a car to go round i had to try to get as close to the wall as possible. However i didn't realise this kerb (which had no purpose to it as it was built just before the wall and not big enough for pedestrians) was so high that it scrapped the bottom of my bumper. The parking sensor didn't pick it up and my car has not been modified or lowered in anyway so is there a law regarding such kerbs being made? Can i claim some sort of compensation for my losses?

Thank you in advance

I'm sorry, but ARE you mad?

You are in control of your vehicle at all times. You drove into a curb! MADNESS! Utter madness.