@AA recovery have damaged my car and now lost their photographs of proof

I am so upset

I recently bought myself a beautiful Peugeot RCZ with very low mileage and internally and externally in mint condition.

A few day later I went on holiday and was looking forward to getting back to get a proper drive in the car.

Unfortunately shortly after leaving Luton Airport at midnight I got a puncture.

Called the AA who said they wouldn't be able to get anyone out until after 6am. 

After reasoning with them they got a taxi out to take me home and delivered the car back to me the following day.

However having moved the car where they had left it very closely parked to another car I found significant damage to the drivers door and panel below it.

I contacted the AA who said the delivery driver had taken 19 photographs of before loading and after but unfortunately they can only access 5 of them unsurprisingly not on the damaged side.

They asked that I get a quote at a repair shop which I did and it will be £4000.

Having sent the quote to them they are now disputing that they have caused the damage and refusing to pay....

I'm devastated. 

damage pic.pdf

£4000 seems an awful lot for that much damage shown in the picture.

Have you taken it to another body shop for a second opinion?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Get multiple quotes. I reiterate that £4000 for that much damage seems like a lot of money which is probably why they've immediately denied paying out.

Get a quote from at least 2 places, preferably three.

Tell them they can either book it in themselves at a location convenient to you, at their expense, for the repair or you will be looking to get the work done yourself and require them to reimburse the cost to you.

You'll likely have to sue to get the money from them. That will involve sending them a letter of claim which we can help you refine.

Can you also give a summarised timeline of events as to what has happened? When did you contact the AA etc? Do you have it in writing that they would be willing to pay for the damage?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you I will take your advice.

As they haven't denied it as such

can't apparently see the photos that were taken at the time

asked for a quote which I sent them

said they will investigate further....

now saying they won't pay for the repair?

Its all a bit ambiguous

Send them an SAR with particular reference to the recovery that they carried out and the photographs.

It will take 30 days – but you should do it now. It's free. If it comes to conflict than the fact that they can only produce some of the photographs and not the others will be very persuasive in court