style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be from when the money was lent up until judgment or payment

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Will the defendant have to explain any reasons why a final charging order should not be given..

Wont be given the opportunity...charging orders are now automatic if the claimant requests it.

Section 94 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 was brought into force on 17 May 2012. The Act incorporates a new section 3A into the Charging Orders Act 1979 and has given the Lord Chancellor the power to make regulations providing that:

charging orders may not be imposed to secure an amount below a certain threshold; and

charging orders may not be enforced by orders for sale if the amount in question is below £1,000. This will only apply to debts regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. Indications at the current time are that this change will be introduced in December 2012.

The Second Change

Section 93 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 will come into force on 1 October 2012. The amendments allow an application for a charging order to be made in cases where the debtor has not defaulted on payment of an instalment judgment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Wont be given the opportunity...charging orders are now automatic if the claimant requests it.

Section 94 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 was brought into force on 17 May 2012. The Act incorporates a new section 3A into the Charging Orders Act 1979 and has given the Lord Chancellor the power to make regulations providing that:

charging orders may not be imposed to secure an amount below a certain threshold; and

charging orders may not be enforced by orders for sale if the amount in question is below £1,000. This will only apply to debts regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. Indications at the current time are that this change will be introduced in December 2012.

The Second Change

Section 93 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 will come into force on 1 October 2012. The amendments allow an application for a charging order to be made in cases where the debtor has not defaulted on payment of an instalment judgment.

Thats interesting reading, does that information though only apply to an application for an interim charging order which I have already got or does that equally apply to the final charging order part ? Many thanks..

It applies to charging orders...interim's are only phase one of the two part process.

It applies to charging orders...interim's are only phase one of the two part process.

I have read else where that a defendant is able to explain why he feels that a final charging order should not be given, and that would be the purpose of a hearing so now I am confused..

I have read else where that a defendant is able to explain why he feels that a final charging order should not be given, and that would be the purpose of a hearing so now I am confused..

The Defendant can have his say and object at the FCO hearing, not that it will make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

What I am understanding is if the defendant has a defence to prevent a final charging order, then I as the claimant need to know what that would be at least seven days in advance, otherwise a final charging order will be given. Does that sound about right ?

No...because you cant defend a FCO...its a fait a compli

Yes...whether he attends is optional...most dont.

Depends what the judgment said, but most likely not.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

As do we all CD. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As much as I feel confident about next Friday, and given that the defendant has not sent me anything in the way of a defence, I do not take nothing for granted and with that, is their likely to be any hidden surprises that I should be aware of that could happen on the day ?