style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware that I have a few options, one being perhaps forcing the sale of the property, however I'm not really inclined to do that, (well not in the short term anyway) however this may change. Another option is to collect information about the defendants income to perhaps add to my options. Another way is to apply to HCEO, which could be dramatic and for now at least, I am still calming down to immediately consider this in the short term, but yet this may change. For now at least, I will sit on the charging order and consider carefully what to do..

I thought that was part of the point of having a charging order or restriction with the Land Registry. This isn't my speciality though, others will advise I expect.

HB

I'm sure your right, just trying to think ahead in any event of skullduggery..

Gr8 to hear CD! Would like to know what happened about the claim of not being his sig. So now the set aside has been dismissed, you can move on with the charging order.

Never did hear from the police regarding the claim it wasn't his signature..

I often wonder if I could get a report from the police what he said about me..

I suppose the police see it as a person who lied, and they are used to porky pies and then the person saying something like, 'I had a drink that night gov, don't remember signing anything' or 'It was difficult times for me back then, it's all a blur'. They may also suggest it's a private slander case. In the end the Judge believed you so the man made himself look like a fool, if that's any consolation.

I suppose the police see it as a person who lied, and they are used to porky pies and then the person saying something like, 'I had a drink that night gov, don't remember signing anything' or 'It was difficult times for me back then, it's all a blur'. They may also suggest it's a private slander case. In the end the Judge believed you so the man made himself look like a fool, if that's any consolation.

Of course, reporting me to the police for a crime that has not been committed isn't going anywhere. I won the case anyway and I just wait for a short while and I continue with collection..

To apply for an Oral Examination you should get a "Request for Oral Examination" Form from the court. You will have to pay a small court fee when you return the form to the court.

You will need to give details of the amount of money which remains unpaid under the judgment.

The court will serve an Order telling your opponent to come to court - some courts prefer to send an Affidavit, (see Affidavit in Support) or Questionnaire to the opponent to complete first. When your opponent attends court he or she will be questioned by either a District Judge or an officer of the court.

You do not have to be present, but you can be if you wish, you can also write into the court with details of any questions you would like the court to ask your opponent.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have phoned HCEO who confirmed it was £60.00 for application and £90.00 compliance fee ? which I understood to be applied if the baliffs could not enforce the vist. Am I right so far. In any event they gained access to the property but couldn't pay in full, would further interest be added for the defendant..

To apply for an Oral Examination you should get a "Request for Oral Examination" Form from the court. You will have to pay a small court fee when you return the form to the court.

You will need to give details of the amount of money which remains unpaid under the judgment.

The court will serve an Order telling your opponent to come to court - some courts prefer to send an Affidavit, (see Affidavit in Support) or Questionnaire to the opponent to complete first. When your opponent attends court he or she will be questioned by either a District Judge or an officer of the court.

You do not have to be present, but you can be if you wish, you can also write into the court with details of any questions you would like the court to ask your opponent.

Regards

Andy

Now called application for order that debtor attend court for questionong. According to just claim,this sounds less ambiguous (or something like that)..

I have phoned HCEO who confirmed it was £60.00 for application and £90.00 compliance fee ? which I understood to be applied if the baliffs could not enforce the vist. Am I right so far. In any event they gained access to the property but couldn't pay in full, would further interest be added for the defendant..

According to HCEO, a compliance fee is payable if unsucessful. Am I right in thinking then that compiance fee(s) are not charged from other enforcement compaines ?

According to HCEO, a compliance fee is payable if unsucessful. Am I right in thinking then that compiance fee(s) are not charged from other enforcement compaines ?

Call a couple of other companies and ask.

And/or ask in the bailiff forum. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A Charging Order can be registered against a property as either an Equitable Charge (one owned and one debtor) or a Restriction (more than one owner but only one debtor).

At a guess, I have an Equitable charge as he is the sole owner but paying a mortgage. Does this sound correct..