style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an experience that was, defendant turned up mob handed again. My heart raced, hoping I could cope. I felt uncontrolled and spoke to a staff member of the court saying I was anxious and it was decided that not everybody needed to go into the court room. Only the defendant and his wife (who had turned up) were allowed in and of course myself. (more to follow)..

Well done CD. I'm glad the court were understanding about your anxiety. Looking forward to the next instalment.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

On a serious note, I'm now close to breakdown. I have to decide what to do next. I spoke to a relative of the defendant to see if a more commom sense approach can be worked out so I wait for a response to that.

On the legal side of things, I need my money now, and the baliffs are an option. What about forcing a sale ? I'm not able to continue with this much longer and need to bring it to a conclusion..

On a serious note, I'm now close to breakdown. I have to decide what to do next. I spoke to a relative of the defendant to see if a more commom sense approach can be worked out so I wait for a response to that.

On the legal side of things, I need my money now, and the baliffs are an option. What about forcing a sale ? I'm not able to continue with this much longer and need to bring it to a conclusion..

Nothing you can do if you need the money now.

An Order for Sale will cost you a couple of grand before you see your money which could take 6 months or more.

Does the order you have from the court provide for interest?

I would need to check that, however I was of the mind as it was a personal loan over £5000 unregulated and not connected to the consumer credit act I could charge annual interest at the statutory rate of 8%..

I would need to check that, however I was of the mind as it was a personal loan over £5000 unregulated and not connected to the consumer credit act I could charge annual interest at the statutory rate of 8%..

Only if you requested it within your particulars

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can the defendant now apply to have the charging order set aside and if so on what grounds..

I'm not sure you are asking the right question.

Can they apply? Pretty much anyone can apply for anything (including a set aside) unless / until the courts declare them a vexatious litigant. They'd have to pay an application fee, and if their application(s) was / were without merit they'd be seen off easily.

On what grounds? They can invent pretty much any grounds, but the more ridiculous they are the less likely a court is to entertain them .....

So, they can make an application but would be daft to do so : it'd just cost them, and having reached this stage any such application might be dismissed without you having to respond.

If you did have to respond you just note that you have complied with the CPR's and the defendant has had their previous set aside application declined already.

In summary, I agree with GM's more succinct reply:

Very unlikely.

Now that I have a charging order to my favour, am I to be informed legally if the defendant sells the property in question..

Yes. Is he the sole owner of the property? If he is and you have an Equitable Charged registered you can even block the sale.