style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CPR 73 (4)

(1) An application for a charging order will initially be dealt with by a judge without a hearing.

(2) The judge may make an order (an ‘interim charging order’) –

(a) imposing a charge over the judgment debtor's interest in the asset to which the application relates; and

(b) fixing a hearing to consider whether to make a final charging order as provided by rule 73.8(2)(a).

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you requested in your particulars...yes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Apologies if this has already been covered, but have you considered sending this debt to an HCEO firm? They would send round a bailiff to try and collect. It might not achieve anything if the defendant doesn't really have any seizable assets, but maybe worth a go?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I believe I've been libeled, with the implication that I might be party to a criminal act (the signature isn't my signature as spoken and in written form by the defendant, so who's signature is it then ?

No you haven't.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but have you considered sending this debt to an HCEO firm? They would send round a bailiff to try and collect. It might not achieve anything if the defendant doesn't really have any seizable assets, but maybe worth a go?

One of the many options I guess..

I should be relieved but I feel sick and I have been..

It's not nice to think that someone that has been such a good friend that you were willing to help by lending so much money to would let you down. Had he been honest and told you he had difficulty paying and tried to make an arrangement to pay you back when he could it would be a different matter.

The fact is that he has not been a friend to you so you have had no choice but to take this action. He could have stopped it at any time, but instead has deliberately ignored you, and dragged this out. This is not your fault so please don't feel bad about it and for goodness sake, don't make yourself ill worrying.

Anybody who had had their good nature taken advantage of in this way would do the same.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It's not nice to think that someone that has been such a good friend that you were willing to help by lending so much money to would let you down. Had he been honest and told you he had difficulty paying and tried to make an arrangement to pay you back when he could it would be a different matter.

The fact is that he has not been a friend to you so you have had no choice but to take this action. He could have stopped it at any time, but instead has deliberately ignored you, and dragged this out. This is not your fault so please don't feel bad about it and for goodness sake, don't make yourself ill worrying.

Anybody who had had their good nature taken advantage of in this way would do the same.

Thank you for your kind words..

As the set aside was refused I don't see that anything will have changed, but I suggest that you phone the court and see how things stand with the CO.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As the set aside was refused I don't see that anything will have changed, but I suggest that you phone the court and see how things stand with the CO.

I understood it was going to be dealt with at the same time as the set aside but it was never discussed. Perhaps I get a separate hearing day for that. I give it a few days and then I could phone up the court..

I understood it was going to be dealt with at the same time as the set aside but it was never discussed. Perhaps I get a separate hearing day for that. I give it a few days and then I could phone up the court..

The co shld continue as was. Maybe a hearing if they think they have grounds to object to a co (they cant now object re the ccj)