Jump to content

Neighbours overhanging tree

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have a very tall, overgrown tree overhanging my back fence. I have written to the occupiers (I don’t know if house is owned or rented) on two occasions and politely raised my concerns. I asked that if they were not the owners could they kindly pass on my letters to the owner/landlord; no replies received.

Last year I paid tree surgeons to cut down the overgrowth on my side but it has regrown and the tree itself is looking dangerously high, causing a lot of movement in the strong winds we have encountered this year, with some larger branches looking to be on the verge of breaking. I have sought advice from the local council, but again no response so far.

As well as the above, the tree sheds it leaves all over the back area of my garden leaving considerable mess as the leaves rot for me to clear up.

is there any way to go from here please?

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing adjusted. HB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have legal cover under your Home Insurance ?  If so, would they be willing to review pictures and send letter to the neighbours.

Or if you feel that the condition of tree could lead to a claim for damage to your property in the event of it coming down in high winds, then see if your Home Insurers are willing to take any action, even if no legal cover. Would they write to neighbours? Or at least note your concerns.

And if the neighbour or legal owner of property is not responding, then contact Council department to see if you can speak to someone. With my local Council, I had  small issue years ago and I spoke to someone who deals with such issues. And they told me steps to take. You have done the first step of writing to the neighbour. Then allow 1 month, send follow up letter allowing 2 weeks. Then make complaint to Council about condition of the tree and possible risk to people as well as property.


We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...