style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whether the defendant has grounds to set a side....the court will either dismiss the application or allow it...if allowed then directions will follow and the claim will proceed.

The signature issue may be briefly considered...but its the process that's examined and if each party complied correctly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grounds to set a side are if the process have been followed correctly by the defendant and ether you or the court has made an error in requesting judgment...normal default judgment or an irregular default judgment.

Better if you read up on the relevant set a side procedures as contained within the CPR.....

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part13

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I'm still confused as to what are grounds for allowing a set aside. I mean anyone can make an application but that's not the same as having grounds is it..

It can be hard to think positive when faced with the way the legal system operates but I believe if for a strange reason the case was set aside, you could appeal.

It can be hard to think positive when faced with the way the legal system operates but I believe if for a strange reason the case was set aside, you could appeal.

No you cant...you can make objections at the hearing and support this by way of a Witness Statement in support...if the Court finds that due process was followed..in each of the parties process...then the set a side will be either allowed or dismissed....end of.

Andy

dude

yours was a default judgment? in which case they wld have to at least satisfy cpr re set aside as linked by andy post # 559. they havent taken his side, yet to be decided.

No you cant...you can make objections at the hearing and support this by way of a Witness Statement in support...if the Court finds that due process was followed..in each of the parties process...then the set a side will be either allowed or dismissed....end of.

Andy

Article here refers to appeals to a Judge's decision in a small claims court.

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-judgment-court-hearing.html

I have actually appealed a judgement myself, yes your reason has to be justified.

No determindator...appeals are made to overturn Judgments....not orders such as if a set a side was granted.

" Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post

It can be hard to think positive when faced with the way the legal system operates but I believe if for a strange reason the case was set aside, you could appeal."

It proceeds to allocation/directions and then trial...as if it had started again.

A bit more info

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/set-aside-a-judgment interesting the info about lying, re not his sig, fines and prison sentences mentioned.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part13 bottom paragraph

Only the hearing fee...which you didnt pay last time because it was a default judgment.

A bit more info

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/set-aside-a-judgment interesting the info about lying, re not his sig, fines and prison sentences mentioned.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part13 bottom paragraph

Some fast posting going on so here's a bump towards a positive outcome and that you can continue to persue

Not sure I can do it all over again, let's just hope the judge sees the defendants applicant for the nonsense that it is..

You haven't done anything yet CD...getting a Default Judgment is a walk in the park:-D

And you may not have to...I seriously doubt the set a side will be granted...reading your thread.

No determindator...appeals are made to overturn Judgments....not orders such as if a set a side was granted.

" Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post

It can be hard to think positive when faced with the way the legal system operates but I believe if for a strange reason the case was set aside, you could appeal."

Ah yes, hopefully as we all think, it won't get that far.

Have a look through your paperwork:wink: