style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got one of these today too - probably because I was recently with a sub-contractor (who were lovely people) and have now returned to the main WP (who are not lovely people and their name begins with 'I' ).

It's just to remind us that we're still on the work programme and still expected to gleefully participate in all the wonderful and useful things that entails :)

Just an information letter to remind us of the grim reality (as if we needed reminding!), that's all.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the letter this morning. It says that the letter is for information only.

In the new regulations rushed through last week it states in Part 1, paragraph 2(2);

“For the purpose of these Regulations where a written notice is given by sending it by post it is taken to have been received on the second working day after posting”

The letter I got this morning was dated 13th February 2013, that’s four working days ago excluding Saturday. The postman works Saturday so from his point of view that’sfive working days ago.

Whoever is taking it as stated in the Regulations therefore, is taking it wrong. This could have serious repercussions if the contents of a letter required urgent attention.

The letter was not signed either, Can an unsigned letter of notification addressed to me personally have any legal weight? Who can I get to claim authorship if nobody accepts authorship?

• 3 weeks later...

I think my questions will fit in here quite well, if anyone could help me it will be appreciated.

I have been on work programme for 45 weeks now, and they have done virtually nothing to help me, they have never looked through a covering letter to see if there are problems there, they have never tried to arrange any work experience (in fact me approaching employers for work experience is now a mandated action for me) my advisor seems a lot more concerned with finding reasons to query my benefit rather than help me into work, the limit of her helping me into work is to tell me to expand my jobsearch, and "if I don't apply for more retail jobs my benefits will be queried"

I went there 2 weeks ago, and their printer wasn't working, so I couldn't get written confirmation of my next appointment, I was told that it would be posted to me, yesterday having not received anything I went to see them before I signed at the JC, they said and I quote "don't feel the need to come and see me, I will send you an appointment through the post, don't worry about it, it's my fault" so I went to the JC to sign they asked me when my next appointment is so I replied "I have no idea" and told them the story, the JC have put a report in about them now.

After all this they said I should complain to my provider (who are called Prospect Training) so I went to them to see who I should send any complaints to, after this they gave me my appointment (which was for 9:30am today) but no one to complain to.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to deal with them, from what I have seen from my advisor I'm under the ideas that if I fail to sign the action plans, she will query my benefit, I also want to complain that she is not doing anything to help me, but they will not tell me how to complain, no one to address emails, or letters to, would addressing a letter just to "The Manager" be ok?

Perhaps you should just remind them what exactly "prospect" means!

pros·pect (probreve.gifsprime.gifpebreve.gifktlprime.gif)

n.1. Something expected; a possibility.

2. prospectsa. Chances.

b. Financial expectations, especially of success.

3. a. A potential customer, client, or purchaser.

b. A candidate deemed likely to succeed.

Then ask them where you fit into their plans?? :-)

Very tongue in cheek!

Impecunious! :-)

Perhaps you should just remind them what exactly "prospect" means!

pros·pect

n.1. Something expected; a possibility.

2. prospectsa. Chances.

b. Financial expectations, especially of success.

3. a. A potential customer, client, or purchaser.

b. A candidate deemed likely to succeed.

Then ask them where you fit into their plans?? :-)

Very tongue in cheek!

Impecunious! :-)

Haha, I might have to do that next time, just for lulz :p

Hi, did you have a induction? They should provide you with a booklet which should cover a complaints procedure, outlining the steps and levels take.

If not, start with the centre manager and then take it from there.

Good luck and don't allow them to walk all over you!

Is it not today they are on strike?

I would go anyway if I was you. Get the days news paper, stand outside the closed job centre and take a picture then when you do sign on show them the picture, tell them how disgusting it is that they were on strike and how wrong it is when so many people would be willing to take their jobs and then claim for the travel :-)

Not paid for strike days so you'll not lose any sleep over that eh?

Do you not think civil servants deserve decent terms and conditions?

Do you not think if the fight to keep jobs is successful that it will also benefit like Joeski? Giving them a better service, more resources in government departments are essential.

scotgal 

The strike is for one day - today! Disgusting to go on strike? Why?

In essence they are refusing to do their jobs. Refuse anything whilst claiming JSA and you'll be sanctioned.

You don't just lose a days pay when you get sanctioned, you can lose a lot more.

Bloody disgusting it is :madgrin:

Seriously though, I'm glad they're on strike today. I got a phone call last week telling me the job centre would be shut today and no need to go and sign on. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, no playing games today. I feel like i've got a holiday :whoo:

its the first I had heard of any strike, am just thinking that today isn't a claimants sign on day or if it was those claimants were previously informed. of course every worker is entitled to decent terms and conditions, but a lot of jobs on "offer" don't supply those, one thing I would like to see is the jc with more staff and that they all knew what they were doing, clearly in my experience, this isn't the case at the moment. the staffing levels have dropped dramatically and from what I have seen IMO they don't get enough training, in ours very few seem to know what is what, and there are more "wanderers" with vacant looks than staff able to do much. the amount of appointments that have apparently been "cancelled" when we get there, and have been sent home, to then receive a letter stating we didn't attend is ridiculous, in the last 2 months alone. I wonder how many jc staff are internally bullied into pressuring the claimants....none of them look happy in their jobs. and I do feel for them, but its no fun being a claimant either when your jumped on for every little thing, whilst having to deal with inefficient staff whatever the reason for it.

we need everyone on strikes, protests and whatever of the like. this country is being led into the path of dictatorship, and nobody is standing up to fight it, it will soon be too late. there is no united kingdom anymore, and the tories and their rich pals are going to ruin any chances of the non elite to get anywhere. that's what is disgusting.

yea sanction them see how they like it,i hope they are loosing a days pay for the strike.

Of course they're losing a day's pay for the strike.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

For me personally i will fight for the right for everybody to strike, we live in a democracy.....whether i agree with their reasons is irrelevant....and if u are due to sign on on strike day you will be excused from signing in the same way you would be if your day fell on a Bank Holiday.:|

• Confused 1

We work hard in our jobs often going beyond prescribed roles to serve our customers. No pay rises and increased pension contributions - working til I'm 68 before I'll see any of it, I'm not whinging I'm happy to have a job, i know I'm fortunate and there are millions so much worse off, I support every protest against cuts and welfare reforms, I believe in democracy, the right to strike and equality. If we don't stick together and take a stance then were will it all stop.

As for refusing to do our jobs? It's not to cause customers distress we are trying to tell the government where to get off!

scotgal 

We work hard in our jobs often going beyond prescribed roles to serve our customers. No pay rises and increased pension contributions - working til I'm 68 before I'll see any of it, I'm not whinging I'm happy to have a job, i know I'm fortunate and there are millions so much worse off, I support every protest against cuts and welfare reforms, I believe in democracy, the right to strike and equality. If we don't stick together and take a stance then were will it all stop.

As for refusing to do our jobs? It's not to cause customers distress we are trying to tell the government where to get off!

This, x1000. When I worked for the DWP I felt, I dunno, some degree of solidarity with people who claimed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I guess its really a case of the way the Govt behaves, that sets people off against each other...taxpayers thinking all unemployed are scroungers .....claimants thinking dwp/jc staff are against them and vice versa...when as scotgal has said, we should all be standing together. As I said elsewhere we are not United anymore United Kingdom has lapsed. my comment about sanctioning js staff on strike....really my sarcasm was unfounded and should be directed at the Govt who are the source of my being disgruntled. Apology offered. Note to self..engage brain before gob fires off.

I couldn't afford to go out on strike and lose a days pay so I went into work as normal, and it was business as normal.

The work to rule will have far more impact when staff work their offical hours only so that here will be a backlog building once again.

There is another 1/2 day walk out planned for 5th April.