Right Choice Motor Ins Brokers/DCB Legal - Letter of Claim, for a debt i know nothing about - mental health and death of child.

Astronomyphilly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Looking for your kind knowledge and advice on the below. It's been a while since I've dealt with anything like this and having recently lost a child in the Ukraine conflict with my wife still out there, this is the last thing I need to be stressed with. I broke my leg, back, took a brain injury, PTSD and I'm in a pretty bad way. This is the last thing I need to be worrying about.

With that said, I received a letter from DCB Legal re thier client Right Choice Insurance Brokers apparently owing the amount £316.90.

I don't drive, I don't even own a car and I've certainly no knowledge of what this could be. The letter goes as such;

"We act in accordance with Right Choice Insurance Brokers Ltd. This is a formal letter of Claim in accordance with the Pre Action Protocol for debt claims.

Basis of claim. You entered into a contract with our client in respect of an insurance policy, however failed to pay our client in accordance with agreed terms. A balance of £316.90 remains outstanding and for which you are liable. Inclusive of applicable interest and costs.

Next step. You are expected to pay the debt in full within 30 days of the date of this letter. Payment can be made using one of the methods overleaf. Alternatively you should complete the reply form and financial statement which can be done via our website at deblegal\response. You will also find an additional sheet summarising your right and responsibilities unde the per action protocol for debt claims.

Failure to pay the sum claimed may result in a claim being issues against you without further notice whereby further costs will be added to the sum. Together with incurred interest at the rate of 8% per annum under s69 of the county court act 1984.

Your attention is drawn to the civil procedure rules 1998 and the courts power to impose sanctions you fail to pay or respond. Any such failure will be brought to the attention of the court when considering costs and any non compliance with the rules can increase your liability for costs.

Any response to this letter need to be by way of the reply form referenced above. Should you telephone our offices you will be advised that you need to respond in writing by way of the reply form, in line with the pre action protocol.

We strongly suggest you deal with this matter urgently to avoid a claim being issues against you

Dcb Legal"

And that's it. I'm a little lost and a little slow but I appreciate all help and advice in advance and will do my best to check and reply with support workers.

Thank you all in advance.

Phillip 

Does the letter say it relates to Car Insurance ? If not, could it relate to some other Insurance such as Home Insurance bought through a comparison site such as MoneySupermarket ?

If you do not know anything about Right Choice Insurance Brokers, you should complete the reply form advising that you do not know anything about any Insurance contract with Right Choice Insurance Brokers,  do not drive and do not own any vehicle that would need Insuring.  And advise that as you do not have any information about any contract with Right Choice Insurance Brokers, that you formally request that DCB Legal provides the contact details for Right Choice Insurance Brokers, including any customer reference numbers,  so that you can submit a Subject Access Request under Data Protection Act to obtain all data held by them.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hit letter of claim

follow post 4,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Right Choice Motor Ins Brokers/DCB Legal - Letter of Claim, for a debt i know nothing about - mental health and death of child.

have you moved in recent years ?

have you suffered any computer virus attacks or anything of recent, any other strange financial issues?

if could be a case of identity theft of your details. 

hit letter of claim 

follow post 4,

have you also checked you credit file of recent too

anything like this showing there that you dont recognise?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk Now this is interesting.

I've moved twice in recent years and with the aforementioned problems and health issues im having to do so again. That did entail credit files, mortgages etc but very recent.

There were a few odd things on there, accounts, lenders that nobody recognises but seemingly from many years ago at uni time. Experien etc said they're doing their thing and will put a 'notice' whilst they do and check for me.

Nothing else out of the ordinary, usual junk mail but whether any were from these guys I couldn't say, just goes in the bin upon that first tear and realising what it is usually. I don't recall seeing a right choice in the credit file, but let me check on that first.

Perhaps I simply don't remember or recall accounts from uni but see what they come back with. In al fairness memory isn't great right now.

Thank you the link and pdf. If that's the first option I'll get it printed for me and fired away. Report back. 

@unclebulgaria67 A little search seems they're vehicle insurance brokers. The letter just states as I copied, you owe them. 

I'm still in two minds whether to contact them as perhaps it is me but from a long and now past due time ago, I do not know now I've thought about it with the way my mind is now 

I genuinely don't recall it or them, vehicle insurance isn't a concern of mine and so yes, asking for details and presumably a signed agreement of sorts would be first thing 

You must follow the advice given and contact them as suggested. Don't just ignore

• I agree 1

Right Choice also do Home Insurance. They appear to mostly sell their Insurances via comparison sites.

Have you bought any Insurances through comparison sites, without really knowing who the Insurance provider was?

Anyway you must deal with this and make contact.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They certainly are, I wouldn't have known any of this and I'll certainly profess my thanks to the site when this is over in any way I can.

I don't have access to a printer but give it a day or two with the support workers and I'll get that away in the post, report back.

It's been rough, it is. And honestly I'd pay it to make it go away, I don't need this extra stress right now but then again I don't recognise it, don't drive and I don't ever recall business with anyone of this name, so why should I. I'll get this away and see where it goes.

Thank you again

very few PAPLOC's result in a court claim on this type of debt.

it's just used as anotherway to harass and intimidate, but the introduction of the pre action protocol was bought in to stop these people from running to court when they really had no proof or viable likelyhood of winning...so its 6 of one and half a dozens of the other really. 

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Ok,

So I have an update after following the great advice given by all. It may seem a small thing but this was added stress I certainly didn't need at this difficult time for me. I may even need and seek more advice as it seems after some investigation and a credit report that Identity theft may be an issue here, the Police and action fraud seem to agree.

Anyway, to the matter in hand. I received an email this morning stating they can't locate the documents or information asked for, and due to my circumstances would no longer be pursuing this any further , close thier file and expressed thier sympathy for my situation. 

So all in all a result. I can't however wonder how much my personal situation played a part in this and I do feel bad if the loss of our boy and my ealth was the major factor rather than the legitimatacy of the claim itself.

However it is a small weight of my back and I thank you all. I now need your help to trawel through this credit report and get into that when I feel up to it, this has been enough excitement for me for the time being. I need to get back to recovery and seeing my wife.

Again, thank you all very much. 

Phillip 

just comeback here if there is Anything you need hElp with.

i know it sounds weird just now, but dont fall into the trap of you think they or you are right ETC ETC Check aNYTHING WITH US FIRST.

DX

and they