• Tweets

• Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only way I could get Welcome to cancel unwanted PPI on son's car loan was to email their parent company's Chief executive. They soon moved when he kicked their asses. It took 6 months of writing letters (all by recorded delivery and signed for) to the branch and to head office in Nottingham, never got a reply to any one of the 8 letters sent. Apparently the CEO of Cattles (parent company) is unhappy with the bad press that Welcome is getting (Aw shame). Finally got a new agreement without PPI but still waiting for refund cheque for £300 of PPI already paid - so CEO got another email this morning!!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d Welcome, got everything in good time and all seems to be there when I was flicking through but you are not going to believe this ....... the very last page was a list of other people's names, their loan account numbers and customer account numbers!!!!!

I'm speechless, they clearly do not give a crap about data protection if they are making silly mistakes like this.

On another note, on the last page of my statement the very last enrty is "full write off" (About £3500) on the 19th July! Does that mean as I have read it that the debt is written off completely or could this still be sold to another DCA?

I still have the default despite a number of letters sent to them regarding CCA and not having sent out a default notice, do you think I could threaten them with reporting them to the Information Commissioners Office for sending me that page with all those peoples details on it and somehow use this as leverage to have the default removed from my credit files?

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

Hello all! New member since I got fed up of welcome,

I've been paying off a loan for awhile now, they Never seem to tell me how much is left and resfuse to sell me what my intrest rate is..

Not only that but they've kept promising to change me to a closer Branch yet i receive nothing to show this, nor cant i get information on this closer branch from them..

I'm planning to get a Reconsolodation loan at a low apr hopefully with barclays... but that fact is I cant seem to find out how much I currently owe!

I'm goin to ring them on monday and continue to push and poke....

If you can't get anywhere with them (they are notoriously bad communicators) email their CEO - it's the only way I could get them to get off their a***s and comply with my request. (see my post yesterday). If you can wait until Monday I'll post the email address you need - it's on my PC at work.

Hope this is helpful.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If you can't get anywhere with them (they are notoriously bad communicators) email their CEO - it's the only way I could get them to get off their a***s and comply with my request. (see my post yesterday). If you can wait until Monday I'll post the email address you need - it's on my PC at work.

Hope this is helpful.

Hey Ell,

can you please post the address and full name:)))

Kind regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

No problem, will do it Monday morning

;)

Hello all! New member since I got fed up of welcome,

I've been paying off a loan for awhile now, they Never seem to tell me how much is left and resfuse to sell me what my intrest rate is..

Not only that but they've kept promising to change me to a closer Branch yet i receive nothing to show this, nor cant i get information on this closer branch from them..

I'm planning to get a Reconsolodation loan at a low apr hopefully with barclays... but that fact is I cant seem to find out how much I currently owe!

I'm goin to ring them on monday and continue to push and poke....

hi there renamix i had the same problem with welcome so we sent them a cca and s.a.r letter they replied with a letter saying that they were unable to find a copy of our contract so as a gesture of goodwill there have written of our debt to them and it will be taken of our credit file if i was you i would try that and at least you will find out how much you owe them. you can find templates on here to copy as well hope this helps from taloola1

Hi guys, I SARed welcome 2 months ago at least and guess what they put the 10.00 towards the debt. Muppets. They did send me a statement but thats all. I asked for eveything including CCA. So please help where do i go from here. They keep sending me letters saying due to my financial situation they are more than happy to accept a nominal payment monthly for now. Methinks they may not have credit aggreement. Is there a letter i can send to them re non compliance and who and where isthe best place to send it to. Is there an e. Mail address i could send it to. Thank you in advance everyone. By the way my loan was car finance.

The car was 6,000 and with finance charges etc the total was 10536.00.And have paid 7260.00 off. I ancelled the ppi right at the start. Lots of charges on my account. And also payments they say have bounced from bank did actually go though. checked my bank statements. So the figure left owing should be less. Am truly sick of them, Fed up of being passed from pillar to post and office to office.

As promised - contact details for Cattles CEO (Welcome parent company)

Seán P Mahon, Chief Executive

Cattles Plc

Kingston House

Centre 27 BusinessPark

Birstall

Batley

WF17 9TD

I sent my letter by recorded delivery and then sent it as an attachment to his secretary (they won't give you his own email address!)

[email protected]

Good luck

• Haha 2

As promised - contact details for Cattles CEO (Welcome parent company)

Seán P Mahon, Chief Executive

Cattles Plc

Kingston House

Centre 27 BusinessPark

Birstall

Batley

WF17 9TD

I sent my letter by recorded delivery and then sent it as an attachment to his secretary (they won't give you his own email address!)

[email protected]

Good luck

hi there the email address doesnt work , do you have another email address for her?

Hi All,

Yet another welcome problem, my partner took out a loan with them before christmas 2006 but a couple of months back she contacted them along with her other loan companys telling them that due to her circumstances she couldnt afford her payments, she explained that it wasnt just welcome but all her debt payments had to be reduced so they aggreed to take reduced payments. They want her to sign a new contract and they want to see her payslips and bank statements but she has been unable to get time off work to goto there head office due to there finishing time and our location, she asked if she could post them but this is not allowed, but when she took the loan out they posted the contract to her and she posted her bank statement and payslip to them but that seemed to be fine. There staff just dont seem to be on the same planet she phones them to try and arange some other arangement but the lady on the phone tells her that the office is closed and she shouldnt even be talking to her never mind looking up the account (a total joke). Anaway sorry thats turning into a bit of a RANT. Just wondering what we should do.

Thanks in ADVANCE

hi there i have had dealings with welcome we sent them a cca and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) about 30 days ago they did reply with some account information but no contracts so i rang them last week and had a row with them and left it with a woman who said that they cannot find any contracts for us.. i left it at that but today just got a letter saying that as a gesture of goodwill they have written our debt of as they cant find the contract now that is a good feeling thats OVER £5000 worth of debt gone just like that......

my quriey is if they have no contract then how have they been able to take my money for the last 10 years and is there anyway i can get that money back if anyone could help that will be great.........

Hello Moto,

I believe you are new:)

You do need to read FAQ and learn how this site works...There are so many templates of the letters in library, including SAR...

if you need anything let us know:)

regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I too have had awful experiences with Welcome. Had a car loan for 48 months for the sum of 3750 and they added PPI for £1600. Hubby was self employed at the time on short term contracts. The problem with this loan is that I checked it the other day and the box where it says signed on behalf of Welcome is not signed or dated. This was repaid after 9 months. It was paid off with a secured loan, there is no sign of a refund of PPI on the original loan. This loan was for £24000 as we were told this was the maximum we could borrow. They then added a single lump sum of £4320 on top and therefore worked out the monthly payment of £465 for 180 months. The problem with this loan is that we were never told that PPI cover is only for 5 years. The settlement figures also look like telephone numbers with no full stops!!!:confused:

Have not questioned these figures as yet, and am in the process of serving SAR. But any advice would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

I see this thread has gone pretty quiet, has anyone had any updates yet?

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi all just to update you on my win over these robbing bu**ers

Transfered the debt to Hillesdon Securities, i summoned them to court for breach of the CCA requests and harrasment.

DEBT written of in full! All information removed within one day from my credit file.

Will scan the letters when i get time.

Kind regards

SB

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

hiya all welcome fighters, unfortunatly my fight continues. after several letters back and forth, welcome had the ccj and interim charging order set asisde on the grounds that they had not handled the complaint in a timely manner?

all was quiet after that, then a couple of weeks ago a nasty letter from the branch office saying they will pass the debt on even though they have still not fully complied with the cca request and the complaint remains unresolved. fired another letter back saying they had not complied with oft guildlines etc

got a letter back yesterday saying come into the office to discuss face to face and pls confirm this is your adress and we need an upto date contact number. on your bike welcome letters only. so i shall be writing back saying in writing only, and they do not need any telephone numbers idiots

we are still with w f and its gone up to over 20 odd thousand from 18

they said its intrest etc

but the pp are paying it since hubby came out work under ill health they have sent him for one assessment now yet again they sent him for anotherone yesterday

i thought that it would have been paid in full with my hubby being made retired under ill health at the age of 46 but no they havent now we have to wait n see for the results of yet again another report from the assesment he has chronic siatica with groin n leg pain and now awaitin to see what is wrong with his hip

abg

Hi There Welcome Coundn't Find Any Contracts Signed By Me Or My Husband So They Have Written Of All Our Accounts Worth Over £5000 What I Was Wondering Is Can We Claim Back Any Money We Have Paid Them Over The Last 10 Years Considering They Didnt Have A Contract And No Legal Right To Take Our Money.................

Hi Taloola, try sending them an SAR and see what they have. Once you get it you can go through it and see what charges they have placed on your account, then claim them back, as for recovering ALL monies paid to them I doubt this would be successful especially as they have written off over £5000 for you and state they cannot find any contracts etc, it may be better to let sleeping dogs lie so to speak? but If you decide to go for all of your money back you might need to recruit the help of a good solicitor.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.