Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt pregnant when I signed the initial agreement, but as my baby is now only 8 mths old, I had to reduce payments for a time as I couldnt afford to really repay the loan,the branch seemed really helpful and agreed to reduce payments ( I know now how different that is ) - they were most likely trying to screw me for more money - and with having other things on my mind at the time, I think I may have let them. When I reduced payments I really cannot remember whether I had to sign another form or something saying that I had agreed to the reduced payments - If I had have signed this where does this leave me ? Am I therefore stuck with paying the loan ? I have also started a seperate PPI claim with them and am also wondering how successful these can be.....I wish I had never got in bed with this lot haha !!! Any help would be appreciated as Im a bit daft at this :)

Ok, 2 things come to mind. Firstly, if you did sign a new loan agreement under those circumstances you can complain the new loan was missold - they encouraged you into further borrowing while in financial difficulty, when really all they had to do was reduce you payments. Its pregnancy, its not like there was no timescale involved! You were not asking to reduce permanently so not an unreasonable request.

Secondly, if you signed a new loan agreement, check if PPI is added! Am not sure if you can really take out suitable PPI when on mat leave, and

i don't think you should be able to take out a new loan while on mat pay - will try and check this but usually the words mat pay or leave mean instant refusal and come back when you are working again....

When did you send your CCA request to them?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Im new here so i though i'd say a hello (even though i've been reading these forums for a while) and ask for some advice regarding my ever so pleasent dealings with Welcome :(

I have 2 loans with Welcome and personally I just want rid of now, I’ve had it up to here dealing with these fools, no matter how I try discussing things with them Im either met with an incompetent fool or an arrogant manager who feels the best tactic is to shout me down.

I have a person loan with a balance of £950 outstanding (in default as well apparently!), although after requesting statements for this loan the original amount was for £1250 including interest (I think) with the loan being taken out on the 16th December 2004. Now after adding up all payments made to date I have paid £1980.00 but according to the I still have £950 outstanding – so I am disputing the amount outstanding and would like some advice on how to take this forward as I’ve hit a wall so to speak with them.

The other loan was for a car through ‘Yescarcredit’ (yes I know I was stupid to go down that route but at the time I was desperate). The loan was originally taken out in 2001, but some how got re-written in 2003 – although all I asked was for the PPI to be removed as I didn’t want it. So they removed it then re-wrote the loan so I ended up on the same amount. So anyway after paying and paying I am left on £3950 even the original loan was for £4500. So in 5 years apparently I have paid a grand total £550.

This loan is in default apparently as well now, though I have managed to get interest frozen on it.

I have had the ‘head-office’ chap ring me up recently and say I could settle the car loan for a one off payment of £900. But this has got me thinking are they desperate? If they can reduce it that much does it man in fact I don’t owe any more money and they are clutching at straws?.

I’ve even come close to taking out a high-interest loan with some other company just to pay these guys off, so I can get rid, but frying pan into the fire sprang to mind.

I checked my credit report earlier today and it green all the way till Welcome then 2 big red defaults. Totally messing up my chances of credit etc and I am just sick of them now.

Any help or advice on how to get rid of them etc would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Hi twist,

You need to start a new thread really. I have sent a request to have it moved.

Yes car credit have consolodated your loan, which is a big naughty. They should have deducted the PPI from the total payable therefore reducing the amount to be paid.

I think you would probably have a case if it went to the FOS as they are not allowed to make you re-loan when claiming back PPI.

hi twist

i might have some good news for you ref the car loan from yes car credit

if you still have the agreement, check that the deposit paid came off the car

i will lay you odds on that they used it for the insurance

game over

i have yet to come accross one of there agreements that are legit

if you dont have the agreement, do a cca request, as a rule, they will have the agreement

we will now move onto welcome

you will get no ware with these muppets

as these welcome accounts are quite old, they to might not have the agreements

for both welcome and the dca ref yes car

send a cca request

for welcome send also an sar request

the cca costs £1

the sar is £10

allways use postel orders and never sign

update when you have these documents and start your own thread in the debt collection section

good luck

The Finance Coy or dca

Address

Account No:

Dear Sir/Madam

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], we are entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request. We enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days and that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

(Dont sign ) print

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

print but don't sign your name

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies ... I had a feeling somethign was up with the car as when i approached them regarding it before and asked for account number they only has the re-written one on file. So when I reeled off the original one they could not locate it (Welcome this is). Hence suddenly my account got moved and interest frozen on it.

I don't have the orginal loan agreement but I do have the original account number, so I will contact them regarding the CCA and see if i can get a copy.

I have seen in a number of thread their CCA's on older loans were not always up to scratch and with my loan being from 2001 I feel this may be the case for me.

Postgj you mentioned about the deposit being used for insurance and if this is the case 'game over', what did you mean by this? I have an idea but is it a case of misselling or missuse of funds, therefore making my CCS invalid. If this is the case am i entitled to monies back etc?

As for the personal loansi think they are on the back foot with this one already but im already in the process of requesting a SAR/CCA for both accounts and go from there.

hi twist

abit confused

yes car credit finance there own cars

you car loan is not with welcome is it, it cant be

believe me when i say yes car agreements are crap, game over, no contest

just post the agreement minus personel details when you get it

to answer your question about refund of money paid

just because the agreement is not executed properly, it can be enforced by a court

if perscribed terms are missing, the court cant enforce

yes car put any deposit paid into the insurance, not the car

thats more profit for yes car as you are paying the full amount on the car at there high apr

deposit not used for the purpose intended, game over,

no debt

hi twist

abit confused

yes car credit finance there own cars

you car loan is not with welcome is it, it cant be

Believe me when I say yes car agreements are crap, game over, no contest

just post the agreement minus personel details when you get it

Well when I initally bought the car, through Yes car loans (this was back in 01) the loan was through Welcome - I believe at that time all Yes car loans were through Welcome. Hence when I went to have the PPI removed I was directed to Welcome finance and they then pulled the fast one of removing the ppi but re-writing the loan so it was still the same amount.

Anyway i'll post up the CCA when I get it and we can go from there.

Edited by Twist305
terrible grammar

well I have just been on the phone to Welcome - contacted my account manager to confirm my account numbers for the letters. Bit of a turn up for the books asked them about my 1st account number regarding the car for CCA purposes, they have 0 records regarding that account, only the new one after PPI request went in. Yet im sitting here with an invoice for cash to a Welcome account number, on a Welcome invoice.

So I have already put the CCA request and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request in the post and im intrigued how they are going to get me a copy of the CCA for the car account when they have no record of it.

Damn good job I decided to keep that invoice

*little update - so im getting all the paperwork in order...turns out 1 A/C regarding the car they have yet another A/C the car they don't ...looks like I have paid monies into a wrong account (well not me i paid in cash - and got signed invoices) - but the person taking the cash has put down a non existent account number. The plot thickens :D

Edited by Twist305
more to add

oh dear bad move on them

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

So here’s my question…..

Welcome wants to repossess my vehicle, I have paid LESS than a third (only just) and ive locked it away in a friend’s farm.

So what can they do now?

Of course I think I have some valid reasons for doing this which I have listed below, I won’t make this thread too long as to bore anyone so here’s the basics.

Purchased vehicle for £8000.00 2 years ago.

Total finance £14000.00 of which £4800 was PPI that I didn’t want and “attempted” to cancel in the first instance.

Paid fine for first 9 months.

Lost job and struggled with monthly payment of £400.00 Welcome offered a reduced payment, same interest charge, of £180.00 over longer period.

I said yes, but after repeated calls to them no new agreement was given to me.

I stopped the payments earlier this year.

Constantly wrote to them asking for account history, PPI to be refunded off balance, and copies of agreement, got no replies.

Had first ever letter from them last November cancelling agreement.

Sent Collections Company to collect vehicle without warning.

Finally I got a subject access request from them and copies of agreement few days ago.

Took advice through solicitor and they advised that as I am in dispute, any removal attempt is unlawful.

The Subject access request is now being studied by the solicitor (free!) but the collection company keep turning up daily.

Should I give in, burn it, hide it, or emigrate? (Tongue in cheek of course)

Edited by Jimbocrackers

OMG! scary figures again!!!

Firstly - if you had PPI and you lost your job they should have processed a claim for your cover. Unless of course you tried that and discovered the PPI was next to uselss and you could not claim against it for some inane reason?

Secondly, there will be masses of charges applied by now that you can start to claim back, reducing the amount and keeping the account in dispute until sorted.

And third - start asking lots of questions about your PPI:

You tried to refuse it initially

You tried to cancel it

When you lost your job they only offered reduced payments and not claim your insurance

How much did you pay for it and who was the insurer

How much was insurance, how much was commission and how much was Insurance Premium Tax

Is your agreement enforceable, has it been checked over at all?

Start a new thread on this and lots of folk will be over to help, don't give in! Emigrate doesn't sound too bad lately though :p

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hello everyone some help with WF needed

The reason I am asking is that I want to get my full breakdown of my loan from start to now. I took the loan out in 2001 for the sum of 1000 pounds , then stupidly took a second out for another 1000 pounds , its now 7 years later and after being told my PPi was refunded (fractionally) my new statement for Sept 08 - Dec 08 still states that my credit lent was 3505.60 not 2000 , showing that they have not taken off the PPi!

I need to get all the info on how to see every last morsel of info on my account and do not know where to start.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any information for me to get the wheels turning please do tell.

no u wont u will need to do a SAR @ the cost of £10

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Johnk81, Godmother is right but I will warn you to check over what they send you for anything missing as they are notorious for missing stuff out (that they don't want you to see) or claiming not to have stuff they really should have.

Start a new thread of your own and give us the link so we can see how you are getting on and hopefully help :)

Dipply75

Also be patient not everyone can be on line the same time as you or even get to the thread when u want them to.

Hi All

I am about to claim back my unlawful charges and insurances from Welcome and i have a couple of questions

1. Can i claim back the finance charges for goods which is £4028.40.

2. What is the process for sending an S.A.R

3 Can i claim back my charges the same time i send off the S.A.R

Thanks

Hi

Interesting reading!! we have been looking into our welcome finance agreement my husband took out in Nov 2007 for a car, our credit wasn't that great at the time and we felt we had no other way of getting a car. We traded in our our old car and they rattled through the paperwork which we didn't really understand at the time but we were naive and thought that they must know what they are doing and as long as we could afford the monthly payment they came to at the end we were happy!

However we have hit real financial difficulties and a friend of ours has been going through all of our finances and was shocked when he went through our car finance agreement at the amount we were paying. It appears they gave us only a £1.00 for our old car which wasn't in anyway explained to us at the time even though we did ask the question several times we felt we were just fobbed off. We have been charged a total of £2591 for credit, when the amount of the car was only £6477??? they have given us mechanical breakdown, emergency recovery and a shortfall extra insurance, non of which we asked for which they have added an extra £1390 onto the agreement plus interest on that of £555 which has resulted in paying a total amount back of £11215!!!! We are paying a total of £910 for 3 years breakdown cover that we already have with the RAC.

I know people are probably thinking how stupid are they, but we have had finance agreements in the past which have been totally fine but i think we were very much pressured into this and because we had no choice as we were desperate for a car as we live in the country and have no other form of transport our judgement was clouded!

we just feel like we have been ripped off and don't know if there is anything we can do about it? Has anyone had a similar experience?