style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes cut benefits to two years. What a good idea.

Feudal Britain has not moved out of the middle ages. The tory party are pushing forward their serfdom ideology.

We already have a work program army. Used as slaves for coporate profit. Next will be work houses. The peasents are already being moved out of the centre of London and imprisoned in ghettos. These concentration camps will soon be cut off from the rest of society with barbed wire fences and police check points. You will need a work permit and id to get out, after a search for weapons and contraband of course.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all. I have just been to sign on and was shown an internal email by my advisor that from 1st March you can be mandated to sign up for universal job match. Does anybody have any info under what legislation. My advisor seems to think that it is under the new regulations written after the cat reily case.

hello all. I have just been to sign on and was shown an internal email by my advisor that from 1st March you can be mandated to sign up for universal job match. Does anybody have any info under what legislation. My advisor seems to think that it is under the new regulations written after the cat reily case.

I am just back from job centre and was told it is mandatory from the 2nd marxh and it is also madatory to load cv onto system. I told her the system is not secure and she said it was and I must do it and if I haven't done it by the 2nd she will sanction me. She also said that I should not save searches ( even tho I was told that I had to by another advisor) I was also told that I have not to put "searched job centre vacancies" in the "activities" section as this is only for things done outwith job match. Asked how she would know if I had done any searches, she said she would know because I would have applied for them! Told her to put in my job titles and search for jobs - none came up - so how then can I prove that I have done job searches? The whole thing is a bloody mess and I am sick off being told inaccurate information, I am a it graduate and still don't understand the system!

I am not going to sign up to it untill I am shown proper legislation and I told my advisor that. I cannot see how they can force you to accept monsters privacy policy when it clearly states they will not be held responsible for the safety of your information.

I am just back from job centre and was told it is mandatory from the 2nd marxh and it is also madatory to load cv onto system. I told her the system is not secure and she said it was and I must do it and if I haven't done it by the 2nd she will sanction me. She also said that I should not save searches ( even tho I was told that I had to by another advisor) I was also told that I have not to put "searched job centre vacancies" in the "activities" section as this is only for things done outwith job match. Asked how she would know if I had done any searches, she said she would know because I would have applied for them! Told her to put in my job titles and search for jobs - none came up - so how then can I prove that I have done job searches? The whole thing is a bloody mess and I am sick off being told inaccurate information, I am a it graduate and still don't understand the system!

If it becomes mandatory to upload a CV, then one option you could consider is to print off the CV into a PDF document, and then add a password to open up the document and to then print it off. However, if you do have to upload a CV, also include a disclaimer, and remove any reference to your address, email address and telephone number. Unfortunately, when you create an account under Universal Jobmatch, it is made clear that you can only upload a single CV.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

Regarding security issues with Universal Job match http://pentest09.blogspot.co.uk/

That is scary, i have to sign on next week. I won`t be agreeing to UJM unless they can show me proper legal evidence that it is mandatory. The fact they have an internal email means nothing, if it is not law, then that`s the end of their bluster. So, what exactly do we have to do when we first sign on?, what are we agreeing to when we sign the JSA agreement.

Could this debacle, not be brought to the attention of the data protection people?

its one thing to register with universal jobmatch - its quite another to be MADE to upload CV, whereby anyone who has your email address can read all about you!

I though a CV was a personal thing and would not like to think every tom, dick and harry pouring over it!

Apparently the DWP are keeping very quiet about the third party cookies your machine picks up when you use the site. Presumably this is because it breaks the EU cookie directive. I'd guess the DWP are breaking the law again. It's really way beyond time the DWP was thoroughly cleaned out, all the top execs have to go.

At the risk of being shot at close range, yes I've seen the email and it is mandatory to register an account on UJM with an uploaded CV from 01/03/13.

You are still not required to give the DWP permission to view the account and also you can upload up to 5 CV's on the account and have the option of keeping the CV set to rivate.

If you do not create the UJM account then yes you can be directed to attend an interview with an adviser who will then sit with you whilst you create the account using the IAD in the JCP office and failure to comply with the direction will be referred to DMA to consider sanction of benefit.

I am not in work until next week and therefore have no access to the guidance to show this sorry.

At the risk of being shot at close range, yes I've seen the email and it is mandatory to register an account on UJM with an uploaded CV from 01/03/13.

You are still not required to give the DWP permission to view the account and also you can upload up to 5 CV's on the account and have the option of keeping the CV set to rivate.

If you do not create the UJM account then yes you can be directed to attend an interview with an adviser who will then sit with you whilst you create the account using the IAD in the JCP office and failure to comply with the direction will be referred to DMA to consider sanction of benefit.

I am not in work until next week and therefore have no access to the guidance to show this sorry.

And if anyone is upset by this news, I would remind them to direct their ire appropriately. I trust we're all on the same page, ladies and gents?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I appreciate your help flumps and in your defense I have seen the email myself as I asked to see it. I have not been mandated to join though as I asked for the legislation under which it can be mandated. My advisor was not sure and said it was due to a change in regulations due to the high court ruling sometime in October which I took as the Cat reily case.

I will see what happens when I next sign on.

I presume snowy that if you have not signed up to UJM that you still present your searches via booklet method.

I have not signed on yet, i make a new claim for JSA on Monday 4 th March. Just trying to get an idea of what i am legally required to do.

Can i record any interview or interaction with the JCP staff ?, i think its best to get everything on the record from the beginning , i can see problems ahead & want proof of what really has been said. I have no intention of not complying to any legal obligation , but i will not be threatened with sanctions at every turn just because i stick to my guns on certain legal points.

I am sorry snowy I cannot really advise you on this issue at the moment. You can covertly record the meeting if you wish. As far as the legalities of signing up for UJM I am trying to find out myself but not having much luck as yet.

I understand your concerns but at this moment all I can say is at the meeting say you are new to this and having heard very negative things regarding UJM you are unsure of what your legal rights are and in order to be able to make a fully informed decision of what signing up entails, can they give you some time to go away and research issues surrounding data protection rights ect.

It uses cookies and I don't believe they can force you to accept these cookies on your home computer because of the EU cookie directive. That means you and millions of others will have to use the handful of machines in the DWP offices. That ain't gonna work, is it? There's an FOI getting dusty on the subject of the cookies, apparently there's third-party ones on there and people want to know what they are and what they do and the DWP have simply avoided answering the FOI so a formal complaint's gone in now. My guess is the DWP are simply breaking the law again and hoping no-one will care because, you know, it's only benefit scroungers and they don't deserve law sort of thing. The DWP needs very much to be cleaned out.

Thanks Oblivious.

I have decided that my MO will be , i have no home phone, Broadband , i cant afford a mobile & have no access to a computer. It will not go down well from the get go, but IMO if they had a system that was fair, inclusive & transparent with a real intention of finding suitable employment for JSA claimants then i would openly engage & involve with them. From what i have read on here & other forums, this system has been "designed" to trip claimants up & sanction at every opportunity. It has serious data protection issues & is a complete shambles, if the government is happy to treat people in this dismissive manner then don`t be surprised when decent people who happen to find themselves out of work start using their own system against them.