Can you answer this scenario??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one there's apparently no answer to, my Dad told me it years and years ago - and it's very annoying :lol:

A man is standing on a bridge, he is contemplating jumping off - after a couple of hours he decides to jump!

Where is the Man while he is jumping?

He's not on the bridge, as that's before he jumped, he's not in the air, that's after he jumped!

ah, but you asked where is he while jumping, not where he had jumped.

when he began to jump, indeed he must have has contact with the bridge to give himself lift, but during the jump he was in the air.

what goes up a chimney down, but cant go down a chimney up?

Umbrella?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

One I read (possibly on CAG)

You're driving your 2 seater sports car. It is starting to rain very heavily as you drive down the deserted road. There is a bus stop, with 3 people.

1 is an old lady who will surely die of hyperthermia

1 is the your true love

1 is a true friend who once saved your life.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

In motion ?

That's after he's jumped! :lol:

ah, but you asked where is he while jumping, not where he had jumped.

when he began to jump, indeed he must have has contact with the bridge to give himself lift, but during the jump he was in the air.

what goes up a chimney down, but cant go down a chimney up?

That's what bugs me about this riddle, it can't really be answered - and it drove me insane for years from being a small child :lol:

What goes up a chimney down, but can't go up a chimney up? I think I've heard this one - is it an umbrella?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

You're driving your 2 seater sports car. It is starting to rain very heavily as you drive down the deserted road. There is a bus stop, with 3 people.

1 is the your true love

I'd let the old lady sit in the seat next to me, and I'd hide the rest in the boot and take it really easy till I got them to shelter :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Mary’s father has 5 daughters: 1) Nana 2) Nene 3) Nini 4) Nono. What is the name of the 5th daughter?

Mary’s father has 5 daughters: 1) Nana 2) Nene 3) Nini 4) Nono. What is the name of the 5th daughter?

Mary !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The paragraph below is unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Three salesmen went into a restaurant for

lunch and ordered the chef’s special for £10

per head. Therefore, the total bill was £30.

After the meal each man gave the waitress

£10 and she took it to the cashier. The

cashier said” there is an additional discount

of £5 if three meals are ordered at once” and gave

the waitress five pound coins change.

The waitress pocketed two of the coins and gave a £1

back to each man telling them there was a small discount

on their meal. Each salesman had given £10 and got £1

change. Three £9s are £27, the waitress took £2 which

amounts to £29. What happened to the other £1?

Mary !!

:lol:

It sure is!!!

Three salesmen went into a restaurant for

lunch and ordered the chef’s special for £10

per head. Therefore, the total bill was £30.

After the meal each man gave the waitress

£10 and she took it to the cashier. The

cashier said” there is an additional discount

of £5 if three meals are ordered at once” and gave

the waitress five pound coins change.

The waitress pocketed two of the coins and gave a £1

back to each man telling them there was a small discount

on their meal. Each salesman had given £10 and got £1

change. Three £9s are £27, the waitress took £2 which

amounts to £29. What happened to the other £1?

Very good the way you worded this and it did have me scratching my head for a while :lol:

They each paid £10 = £30, they got a £5 discount, which amounted to £25, she took £2, and gave them £1 each (which is £3), so their £3 + her £2 = £5 + £25 = £30!

I love it! :lol:

Yeeaah - very clever - there was no missing pound!

It was worded very well! Although my OH got it straight away!

It doesn't take much to confuse me you know :oops:

The paragraph below is unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

no letter "e"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

no letter "e"

Wow, how did you get that?!!!! :-D

1 is the your true love

I'd let the old lady sit in the seat next to me, and I'd hide the rest in the boot and take it really easy till I got them to shelter :lol:

Wrong :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

1 is the your true love

I'd give the car keys to the true friend, and let him take the old lady to hospital. I would stay behind with my true love and wait for the bus with them.

It's a very old moral dilemma job interview question to test lateral thinking.

I'd give the car keys to the true friend, and let him take the old lady to hospital. I would stay behind with my true love and wait for the bus with them.

It's a very old moral dilemma job interview question to test lateral thinking.

thats the one :D

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

It goes in dry ,comes out wet and gets stronger and stronger the longer it is in there. What is it??

Roses are red, Nuts are brown,

Skirts go up! Pants go down,

Body to body, skin to skin,

When its straight,

You stick it in!

The longer its in, the stronger it gets,

It goes in dry

Comes out wet, it comes out dripping it starts to sag,

It isnt what you think...

It's a tea bag!

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

A horse is tied to a 15ft rope and there is a bail of hay 25ft away from him, yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

1 is the your true love

I'd be wondering what the hell my so-called 'true love' was doing at the bus stop with my so-called 'true friend'...........!

Edited by Janie1962